DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changin super44 set up.

So I am planning to cut my resonator out and do piping with a tip. I was just wondering seeing as a i have a single/single out.. Could I connect a y-pipe and run duels off of that. Or would it just be better to run a single with a 5" tip off. Exhaust shop will be doing it, but haven't been able to find out from them yet.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2013, 01:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black, Silver
Rep:13
silverstreak88 is on a distinguished road

What exactly are you wanting to do? It seems you want to do a strait pipe set up? Do you want to do a single exit or dual exit? I have changed my exhaust set up many times and still not satisfied....... if you want dual straits all you would need is a "Y" connector to split it. If you want single out the side which I prefer you would just need to cut out the resonator and put pipe in its place and your good to go. I run a strait in place of the factory exhaust with the resonator in place and it is plenty load for me, but everything is clamped in place so I can go from loud to quiet to WTF with my 10 series. Just all what you want to do.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

I am wanted to delete the resonator after the muffler and I am still stuck between if I want to run duel tips to the corners or just running the single with the tip off the passenger side (leaning more towards for the cheaper price).

I chopped the resonator before and had it dumping right at the axel with the 44's.. But with it echoing all off the box, it got a tad bit annoying.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I'm one to tell you.... my 10 series was dumped where the stock muffler was and it sounds good at low RPM's but when you jump on it, it just screams and no nice sound at all. Running it all the way without dumping is the way to go without losing sound quality. You shouldn't go with any piping except for SS and I would have 2.5" or if strait piped 3" all the way.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: slt
Color: flame red
Brandon Snyder is on a distinguished road

I have had many setups on my truck. First was a single flowmaster super 10 decent sound at low rpm didnt sound great at wot. second was a straight pipe with a y pipe to duals wayy to loud for me and had to much poping. The one i have now is a single in single out flowmaster super 44 with a y pipe after that to make it duals at 45. i love the setup now it sounds the best by far i would suggest doing the super 44 with y pipe to have a amazing sound at idle and a nice roar at wot
True dual flowmasters, 2 12 in Memphis, kicker door speakers, Kenwood head unit , 2.5 ready lift level, 33in mts, fuel hostages 17, Afe cai, bbk 85mm throttle body, weathertech floor mats, Aries bull bar , 2 kc off-road lights, superchips 3865.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Yes I understand, I just wanted to see what exactly you were wanting to put on it. I wont tell you how to build your truck, just suggestions. I dont know what you like, but the single exit is nice a cheap and not in your ear all the time. I know what you mean with 10 series... way to loud, just a head turner for the police.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Sorry have been busy for the last few days working. and data is messed on my phone.. Your responses were exactly what I was looking for... The piping will be mendrel bent stainless, I'm still debating between eithor getting a single or running a y with duels at 45 degrees. Thanks a lot for helping
Old 06-21-2013, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: slt
Color: flame red
Brandon Snyder is on a distinguished road

Before I did my exhaust I was debating the same thing but I don't think a single sounds as good as duals and I think duals look better.
True dual flowmasters, 2 12 in Memphis, kicker door speakers, Kenwood head unit , 2.5 ready lift level, 33in mts, fuel hostages 17, Afe cai, bbk 85mm throttle body, weathertech floor mats, Aries bull bar , 2 kc off-road lights, superchips 3865.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:36 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

10 series don't sound good on WOT???

I know all of it is personal preference but I have a single chamber cherry bomb, the extreme which is pretty much the same thing, and I think it sound great under any throttle. My favorite is when the skinny pedal is smashed to the floor. Haha.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 06-23-2013, 01:15 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white
Rep:650
chefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to behold

you can do whatever you want so a Y after muffler will work just fine...won't comment on the choice of muffler ...j.k.
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 QC SLT: 12.107 @ 113.960 MPH