DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram RCSWB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:60
Jim45498 will become famous soon enough
Default I got suprised

I had installed a 22" magnaflow earlier and it sounded good.
I kept thinking how it would sound if I took off the resonators.
Well, I got them taken off today and was totally suprised, you would never be able to tell the difference. Did not change the sound one bit.
Still happy with the 22 but suprised at the same time.
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

You may notice that MDS makes more noise around 30 - 40 mph, if you use high gear in town.
I just don't use High gear in town, so the MDS doesn't kick in
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-17-2013, 05:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport CC 4x4
Color: Red
Rep:74
hemipowerv8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim45498 View Post
I had installed a 22" magnaflow earlier and it sounded good.
I kept thinking how it would sound if I took off the resonators.
Well, I got them taken off today and was totally suprised, you would never be able to tell the difference. Did not change the sound one bit.
Still happy with the 22 but suprised at the same time.
I plan to take mine off this week and this is what I expected...no real change. Since the tones and sounds are different then the resonators won't do the same thing...I would think...but I have no acoustic training or anything so not certain.
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Next: Gorilla lifetime lug nuts, CAI, Diablo tune.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Hm that is different.. With the flowmaster super 44's.. the resonator quiets it down a fair bit.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

I have the 22” Magnaflow and I deleted the resonators and (to my ear) there is a big difference in the tones that come out of the exhaust… the volume is the same but you can definitely hear more of the motor. You get that “wop wop wop” sound coming out of the pipes instead of just consistent noise. It’s hard to explain but you can definitely hear it when you’re on the outside of the truck.

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps
Old 06-17-2013, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

See I prefer a much quieter sound........it makes it easier sneaking in late a night past my sleeping wife. LOL.......
Old 06-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
See I prefer a much quieter sound........it makes it easier sneaking in late a night past my sleeping wife. LOL.......
You will be corrupted.. The sound of an exhaust once you put your foot down makes your truck seem a million times more awesome.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:07 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
You will be corrupted.. The sound of an exhaust once you put your foot down makes your truck seem a million times more awesome.
Yes I'm worried that hanging around this site will make me spend more and more and more.......lol.....
Old 06-18-2013, 01:22 AM

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
That’s funny!

I think on the exhaust threads we shouldn't be asking what kind of sound you’re looking for but what kind of awesome you’re looking for… awesome (low drone) or super awesome (14,s and flowmasters) or ultra-awesome (anything with cut-outs)

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps
Old 06-18-2013, 06:37 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
Yes I'm worried that hanging around this site will make me spend more and more and more.......lol.....
If you come to the GTA meet.. You will be on your computer with credit card in hand shortly after. Hopefully by then I will have removed my resonator again and run piping with a 5" tip.. Vroom Vroom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoTangoMofo View Post
That’s funny!

I think on the exhaust threads we shouldn't be asking what kind of sound you’re looking for but what kind of awesome you’re looking for… awesome (low drone) or super awesome (14,s and flowmasters) or ultra-awesome (anything with cut-outs)
I like that idea.. Ultra-awesome= being able to terrify any random by-stander on the sidewalk when gas is given.. Super awesome may wake up neighbours at any time...Too bad for them