DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
suckie69 is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 Ram 1500 Headlights

Hey guys, new to the forum but I had been searching for info my new first ram's new headlights. The 2013 Sport has the projector headlights with seperate high and low bulbs. I took my drivers side out just to clarify bulbs types for anyone looking for the information. The low beam is a HIR2 (9012) The high beam is a 9005 Both the bulbs have the 90 degree corner on them and need to keep that as the cover on the back of the asembly will not close with a straight bulb in place of the stock ones. I took a few pictures just to provide proof of the information I am giving to everyone. Will post them once I figure out how lol
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default 2013 Ram 1500 Headlights

[img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img]
Old 04-28-2013, 08:16 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

So what exactly are you wanting to do? Just swap bulbs or install HIDs? Several of us have done the HID swap with bulbs from Retroshop and they work just fine.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3916
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome!

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board!

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default Headlights

I am intending on putting HID lights for the low beams and fog lights..... The purpose of this post was for anyone looking for information on the new 2013 projector headlights. What bulbs are used and just a view of the back of the assembly.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:41 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Hello and welcome to the forum..... We are glad to have you here........If there is anything that we can do to assist you please ask...

Enjoy the site....

Ed

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 05-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 sport
Color: BLACK
Rep:51
Nemmisis1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckie69 View Post
I am intending on putting HID lights for the low beams and fog lights..... The purpose of this post was for anyone looking for information on the new 2013 projector headlights. What bulbs are used and just a view of the back of the assembly.

lowbeams are hir12 just look for them in ebay and the fog is 9006 .... you NEED CANBUS HID KIT AND NOT THE kIND WITH LITTLE BOXES AND CRAP IN THE LINE ....look up ebay canbus kit hir2 or what ever the bulb is. here is a link to the kits...
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...342032071.html
you need these kind of ballast....

DO NOT GET ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE the below... THIS OR ANY OTHER CONFIG..IT WILL NOT WORK

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/EMI-E...725299619.html

I ORDERED THE 55W KIT AND LOVE IT,. FOGS ARE KICK ASS AS WELL AS ARE THE PROJECTORS... almost like 4p.m in the afternoon lol..

as for the hook up.... the clip is in the housing of the headlights that big clip you just put it back to the houseing.... as for the wires that come out of the housing (4) just make a small u shaped knotch and bolt the back piece back on ... notch it enough where the wires fit snug but not too tight. forget about making that big 1 7/8 hole people are talking about.. i really didnt butcher my housing., i will get pics up when i can. also this guy below has them ... simple plug and play no harness no switches no b.s ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9008-BI-XENO...item416df80c8b

just contach him his name is john ..and tell him you need 2 kits ask him if he can do 200 for both.... tell him you need hir for the low beams and 9006 for the fogs... tell him you NEED CANBUS and you are from the forums.. mention my name demetri ... tell him you need the same set up... he will send you 4 ballasts and 4 bulbs.. 200 bucks you cant beat it... no flicker or anything.. got mine on for 2 months and love them.. no issues or problems.,.. period.. forget everyone trying to rape the 13 guys with relays and bs... with these you dont need anytihng!!!!! gtr lighting is asking for 230 for a set... look up gtr lighting and you see... this is the best you can get... or if you can get them any chepaer then go for it... but they must be CANBUS ballast only ....

Last edited by Nemmisis1; 05-03-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default HID Kits

Thanks for the info on the kits for the HID headlights, I had already ordered the HID kit for the low beams from ****************.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:10
billdean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemmisis1 View Post
lowbeams are hir12 just look for them in ebay and the fog is 9006 .... you NEED CANBUS HID KIT AND NOT THE kIND WITH LITTLE BOXES AND CRAP IN THE LINE ....look up ebay canbus kit hir2 or what ever the bulb is. here is a link to the kits...
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...342032071.html
you need these kind of ballast....

DO NOT GET ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE the below... THIS OR ANY OTHER CONFIG..IT WILL NOT WORK

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/EMI-E...725299619.html

I ORDERED THE 55W KIT AND LOVE IT,. FOGS ARE KICK ASS AS WELL AS ARE THE PROJECTORS... almost like 4p.m in the afternoon lol..

as for the hook up.... the clip is in the housing of the headlights that big clip you just put it back to the houseing.... as for the wires that come out of the housing (4) just make a small u shaped knotch and bolt the back piece back on ... notch it enough where the wires fit snug but not too tight. forget about making that big 1 7/8 hole people are talking about.. i really didnt butcher my housing., i will get pics up when i can. also this guy below has them ... simple plug and play no harness no switches no b.s ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9008-BI-XENO...item416df80c8b

just contach him his name is john ..and tell him you need 2 kits ask him if he can do 200 for both.... tell him you need hir for the low beams and 9006 for the fogs... tell him you NEED CANBUS and you are from the forums.. mention my name demetri ... tell him you need the same set up... he will send you 4 ballasts and 4 bulbs.. 200 bucks you cant beat it... no flicker or anything.. got mine on for 2 months and love them.. no issues or problems.,.. period.. forget everyone trying to rape the 13 guys with relays and bs... with these you dont need anytihng!!!!! gtr lighting is asking for 230 for a set... look up gtr lighting and you see... this is the best you can get... or if you can get them any chepaer then go for it... but they must be CANBUS ballast only ....
New here and first post. I have a 2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. Will this HID lighting upgrade work or fit my truck?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

It should work, assuming that you have the new 2013 headlights with the projector lamps? If you have the new headlights then the kits listed should work as you will have the HIR2 (9012) bulb for low beam and the 9011 and the 9006 for the fog lights. If you have the older style of headlights then these kits will not work, According the Sylvania's website the low beam in these headlights is a H11 bulb and the high beam is the 9005 and the fog lights are a 9006 I believe. I cannot confirm this information but im pretty sure its acurate, maybe someone with more experience on these trucks can correct me if im wrong. Easier way to make sure the kits will work if you have the new lights is to pop one of the headlight assembly's out and see if there is only 1 wire entering the housing, if there is only one wire entering the houseing then you have the new lights and the kits will work.