DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice
Default Superbrightleds CAN bus festoon-type dome and maps lights in 3rd gen (pics)

Some of you may have been following this in another thread. I thought I would start another thread specific to these LEDs in order to make the info a little easier to find. I just installed the 4410-W1-CB CAN bus festoon LEDs in both my dome and map lights. Obviously, my truck takes the festoon-type bulb in both locations. I am happy to report that the LEDs function 100% like the OEM bulbs. They turn on when they are supposed to, turn off when they are supposed to, dim after shutting the doors, no flicker, etc. As for brightness, I think they are very comparable to stock but just slightly brighter. They may only appear brighter because the light is so much whiter and cleaner. Regardless, I think they are plenty bright and I am very happy with them especially considering the price and plug and play install. These LEDs can be found here.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...oon/1264/2937/

Also, in case anyone isn't aware, these CAN bus LEDs produce about half the lumen of the brightest LEDs that are available which would be the 4210-xHP6. This LED is not CAN bus ready, however, and will apparently require soldered resistors to function like OEM. They are also more expensive. They can be found here.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...d-festoon/662/

In summary, if you are looking for clean LED light that is comparable in brightness to stock, plug and play and 100% functioning out of the box, and priced great, the CAN bus LED is the one for you. If you want LED light that will melt your corneas then you may want to consider the brighter non CAN bus LED. Simply be prepared to add resistors to the brighter LEDs for proper functionality and also know that the brighter LEDs are about $15 each vs the $6 each that I paid for the CAN bus LEDs.

Here are the pics. Not the best but it's all I can get with a camera phone at night. The first four pics do a pretty good job of depicting the difference in light output but do not show the difference in color as well as in person.

Before:

After:

And here is one I took during install of the stock bulb vs the LED. I had not put the lens back on yet. Really shows the color difference.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 04-25-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2013, 01:25 PM

Vehicle: '05 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Atlantic Blue
Rep:86
Danzanzio will become famous soon enough

Looks great man and nice review! I obviously opted for the more expensive "melt your corneas" LEDs :P
Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 PM

starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Lol, thanks. "Melt your corneas" might have been a bit of an exaggeration. But if the brighter LEDs are twice as bright as the ones that I have then they are pretty damn bright!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 PM

Just an update after having these for a few days and driving the truck a few times. They are definitely brighter than stock. My wife got in the truck for the first time since the swap during the day and asked me about the lights. She commented about how white they are. Then we didn't get home until after dark. I pulled into the carport and when I opened the door she yelled "WTF??!!" except without the abbreviations. I looked over at her and she was squinting at the maps lights, lol.

I highly recommend these for anyone wanting value priced LEDs that work like they are supposed to straight out of the package. The photos really don't do them justice.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 04-29-2013 at 05:49 AM.