DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
OldSport is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Need your opinion!!!!!!!

So,
I bought this 09 ram, love the thing, however I have never been in the dealership or garage for that matter, as much as I have in the past two months. I have only owned this truck for two months. Sick of dealership cost and forking out money, I looked at a 2013 Ram Sport. Beautiful truck. So when it came time to do a trade in value, they found my truck had accident claims from before I bought the truck! 4 to be exact!

My mistake should have got a carproof or something I suppose. But now the truck is worthless to the dealership, so I'm out my money, and I have a beaten up lemon

What are your suggestions for further actions? Cut my loss n keep the 09? Or cut my loss and go further in the hole with the banks and get a 2013?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
wisey113 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about that man, bummer of a situation.

I have an 09 Ram as well and love it to bits, however when I took it in for service, curiosity got the better of me and I inquired into the new '13 Rams after hearing all the amazing press about it.

I told the dealer I had no real intention at that moment of making the switch and he told me in his honest opinion (not as the salesman!) that it really would be a pointless trade as of right now, he said despite the fact that the '13 has some nice improvements, it's still the same Ram. His recommendation was that if anything, at least wait until they introduce the 8 speed gearbox for the 5.7 Hemi and see how that turns out.

Although it has a few nice minor tweaks, in my opinion I would wait until it has something a little more substantial to offer, but then again thats just me.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

What types of things have been going wrong with your 09? Unfortunately that can be the risk of buying used....you may be buying someone else's problem. But most often it is not a problem that cannot be fixed. That's why it is extremely important to scour a used vehicle and it's documentation prior to buying. But I can guarantee you that 90% of us have bought one without the proper research at some point or another. I know I have!

Anyway, what is the extent of the accidents that your truck has been involved in? Not sure about where you are but here in NC sellers have a legal responsibility to disclose accidents that cause a certain amount of damage to any potential buyer. If they fail to do this it can actually be grounds for them to be forced to buy the vehicle back. Also, it may be the number of accidents that has been reported on it that is making them shy away from your truck but the fact that it has accidents reported alone is not enough to call it worthless to them. Most franchised dealers will not sell a vehicle on their main lot that has been in a severe enough accident (usually causing damage greater than 25% of the vehicle's value) to have a salvage or rebuilt branded title. These dealerships can, however, sell these types of vehicles from smaller, wholesale or value lots that are usually located away from the dealership. Also, private non-franchised dealers can sell these vehicles all day long. They just have to disclose it to the buyer.

None of that may really help you any but it's something to think about anyway. I know from experience about that "sick" feeling you can develop when you think you have made a mistake or bought a problem for yourself. It would be awfully easy to let that feeling motivate you into getting in deeper. I think you need to weigh your happiness with your current truck against the financial side of things and go from there. Good luck!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: SLT Sport
OldSport is on a distinguished road

After sitting back and taking into consideration of what you have both said I stayed with the truck. The extent of the damage did not seem that much to me after I did some research into what things cost to replace and paint. I do have the extended warrenty on the truck, so it's not costing me too much, jut a $100 deductible every time I'm in. Figured when I got approved for the new sport, I won't be able to afford anything after the fact really. And into further thinking, I'd rather a diesel, which most dealerships are tryin to sell of 2012's cheap. So I will wait it out and hope for the best!
Old 05-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
NewfoundlandRam is on a distinguished road

I gonna keep the 09 1500 till it falls apart, then get a 3500. at 199,xxxkm now. Id keep yours if I was you to