DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough
Talking RC Level, XD rims,35" Toyo MT's, Short Review & PICTURES!

I posted plenty of pictures for you all to enjoy!

The level/lift:

After weeks of back and fourth and HOURS of cruising this awesome forum I finally decided to level my beloved 2010 Mango Tango 4X4 Quad Cab Sport with a Rough Country FR/RR kit. I installed a 2.5” spacer in the front and a 1.75” coil spacer in the rear. I chose this set up because I use my truck as a truck. I hunt with it, fish with it and every spring I drive off into the mountains and pretend I’m a lumber jack (and I’m ok♪) and get all of my firewood for the winter. I didn’t want to have my nose to high up in the air when there is 1000lbs+ of wood in the back, so I’m hoping the little bit of lift in the rear will help with that.

The Wheels:

Again, after spending HOURS on this forum drooling over all of your gorgeous trucks I decided that I wanted to do something a little different and run a wheel that I haven’t seen yet. I knew that I wanted a 0 offset to avoid any rubbing and I also decided to drop my stock 20’s and run a 17” rim since tires are WAY cheaper and I like the extra cushion on logging roads. The wheels I chose are the XD series Crank with the Matte/Machined finish. I have to say that the pictures don’t do this rim justice. It looks terrible on the internet but in person, wrapped in a mud terrain tire it made me excited in my swim suit area. In person it looks bad a$$ and my wife describes it as “mean” so mission accomplished!

The Tires:

Another reason I wanted to run a leveling kit was to clear 35” tires. I decided to run Toyo M/T’s in 35x12.5x17. A big thank you to Grubrunner for his excellent review of this tire and everyone else who posted great information on this thread. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=134289 for those thinking of bilsteins and Toyo’s do yourself a favor and read his thread… Hope you don’t mind me posting it

The verdict:

I couldn’t be happier with my set up. I have zero rubbing and had to do zero trimming and I also have zero vibrations. The Tires stick out about 1.5 inches from the fender well which is exactly the look I was going for. I love a wide stance and a meaty tire on a truck and that is exactly what I got. The best part about the setup is people think I lifted the truck, when you install a rear coil spacer it really changes the look and I find that the 35’s don’t look “stuffed.”

I wish I would have taken some before and after measurements for you guys but it completely slipped my mind. The ride is a bit harsher, but I’m not sure if that’s because I’m finally running a real LT rated tire or because of the leveling kit… personally I think it’s a combination of both, but don’t let this deter you.

Enjoy!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck front quarter.jpg (122.2 KB, 871 views)
File Type: jpg Truck side shot.jpg (121.6 KB, 1248 views)
File Type: jpg truck rear quarter.jpg (123.8 KB, 875 views)
File Type: jpg tire_fender well.jpg (121.0 KB, 735 views)
File Type: jpg Truck front end.jpg (113.0 KB, 730 views)
File Type: jpg Truck booty shot.jpg (121.8 KB, 648 views)

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps

Last edited by MangoTangoMofo; 04-14-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2013, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:104
Ryanb will become famous soon enoughRyanb will become famous soon enough

Great looking truck, love the color.

SOLD! Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Flowmaster Super 10s single in dual out, K&N 63 series cai, 20% tint, 6" RCX lift, Bilstiens at 1.4
Old 04-14-2013, 02:14 PM

Thanks! It's the color that sold the truck. I had no intentions of buying a truck that day until I walked though the dealership and saw this one in Mango... we shared a glance and a joy ride and the rest is history.

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps
Old 04-14-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoTangoMofo View Post
Thanks! It's the color that sold the truck. I had no intentions of buying a truck that day until I walked though the dealership and saw this one in Mango... we shared a glance and a joy ride and the rest is history.
hahah. Any future mods planned? I was going to get 35x12.50s soon but i didn't want any rubbing so i'm going to wait and get them when i purchase my 6" lift this summer

SOLD! Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Flowmaster Super 10s single in dual out, K&N 63 series cai, 20% tint, 6" RCX lift, Bilstiens at 1.4
Old 04-14-2013, 02:30 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 5.9 diesel
Trim Level: QUAD CAB SLT 4X4
Color: white
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough

very nice -- thanks for sharing
Old 04-14-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanb View Post
hahah. Any future mods planned? I was going to get 35x12.50s soon but i didn't want any rubbing so i'm going to wait and get them when i purchase my 6" lift this summer
Ohhhh yes I have plenty planned for the future. We might be moving across the country back to Ontario so I have to be conservative with the finances right now. In the near future I’m planning on de-badging the RAM emblems and painting the others black, painting the Toolbox black and rocker-guarding the side steps black. Installing a Yakima roof rack to carry the canoe and an S&B cold air intake.

When I bought the truck they tossed in the 7 year 150000KM bumper to bumper warranty which still has 4 years left on it so I’m leaving the motor alone for now. But on its 7 year birthday she’s getting headers (hopefully JBA makes a long tube by then) with an E-cutout right after the Y-pipe. A larger throttle body and I’ll be purchasing a tuner to get the best out of my mods, most likely a diablo sport.

I already have a custom Magnaflow Catback with the 5x11x22” muffler and a resonator delete, a bed liner and toolbox with a custom made Truxedo tonneau cover.

... When you lift your rig be sure to post plenty of pics! I love a lifted RAM but I just couldn't swing it.

Last edited by MangoTangoMofo; 04-14-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:08 PM

Your truck will look awsome i was thinking of headers myself too but I'm still unsure. I'll definitely post pics when everything is done!

Old 04-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Looks amazing!
Love the username too .....LOL
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:05 PM

Thanks Fast! I took me forever to think of something when I signed up on this forum.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoTangoMofo View Post
Thanks Fast! I took me forever to think of something when I signed up on this forum.
Well welcome to the forum. I see you're in BC
If you need anything we service canadian greatly.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!