DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
clay973 is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 Ram HID Issues

Hey Guys, Just got an HID kit for the low beams and fog lights for me 2013 Ram 1500 from HID Nation. Bought the Digital ballasts, relay and cancellors, the whole deal and have had nothing but issues. Wondering if you can answer some questions or if I just got a bad kit like HIDnation thinks.

1. driver light runs for 2 mins and flickers out, passanger light follows shortly after.
2. double checked all grounds and re-grounded the resistors per their request. same issue.
3. pluged the fog light kits in they said didnt need relays, they strobe about four times and never come back on! So now they are sending a relay thinking the fogs need a relay for 2013.

Anyone have HID set ups in the 2013 that work flawlessly? I love the HIDs I had in previous trucks but this Ram is just not liking them!! Any tips or help would be great!
Sponsored links
Old 04-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

I upgraded my Laramie headlights to HIDs but I used the kit from http://www.****************.com and had zero issues. I do know that **************** suggests using a relay kit for the fogs, here is what they sent me for the fogs:

Fog Lamps
55w DIGITAL fog lights (30%-40% more output):
http://****************.net/product-info.php?55W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid746.html
Please select "9006/HB4" for fitment, the color of your choice, and "other" for application. Here we would suggest the bulb capping service as the factory fog lamp housings do not have built in bulb covers.
-AND-
You would also need 1x Relayed wiring harness (9006/HB4 fitment) added to the fog lamp setup:
http://****************.net/product-info.php?HID_relay_wiring_harness-pid582.html

Does your truck have perimeter lighting which keeps the exterior lights on after exiting the vehicle? Could that be the cause?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I haven't got around to doing the headlights in my 13 yet but I did get some 3000k bulbs for the fogs and used my ballasts and DDM error cancel boxes from my 09. My HiDs worked flawlessly in my 09 and its the same bulbs so I am just going to put them into my 13. The DDM error cancel boxes worked great in my ram and I just ran some cheap $50 HID kit. Same kit I have had in my Trans Am for like 5 years without issue.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay973 View Post
Hey Guys, Just got an HID kit for the low beams and fog lights for me 2013 Ram 1500 from HID Nation. Bought the Digital ballasts, relay and cancellors, the whole deal and have had nothing but issues. Wondering if you can answer some questions or if I just got a bad kit like HIDnation thinks.

1. driver light runs for 2 mins and flickers out, passanger light follows shortly after.
2. double checked all grounds and re-grounded the resistors per their request. same issue.
3. pluged the fog light kits in they said didnt need relays, they strobe about four times and never come back on! So now they are sending a relay thinking the fogs need a relay for 2013.

Anyone have HID set ups in the 2013 that work flawlessly? I love the HIDs I had in previous trucks but this Ram is just not liking them!! Any tips or help would be great!

The Rams need kits made for them, check out ****************, they have kits that will work well in the Rams.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 sport
Color: BLACK
Rep:51
Nemmisis1 will become famous soon enough

Below is my install...works FalAWLESS.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (105.8 KB, 115 views)