DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-15-2014, 02:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
dmac101 is on a distinguished road
Default think im going to give up on hids

so heres my story, i ordered mid range 50 dollar hid kit, 35w, to instal in my fogs, have read that fogs are straight forward plug and play, but i ordered error code eliminators off ebay just incase, (have used them before with success)

i installed the hids in my fogs without the eliminators first, turned switch on they worked, started truck, one worked one was very dim. and both flikered a little not hyper flashing just a little flicker.

so i unplugged them and installed the error code/anti flickers, the dim light was now bright, both were bright, i finally had properly working hids, (so i thought).

i waited till it got darker to check them out, of course the passenger one is flikering a little now, drive is perfect, both nice and bright, just that little flicker in the passenger

so what do i need here? im about ready to give up on hids, love the look but nothing but issues on this truck with them
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
soliphant85 is on a distinguished road

as i just posted on another HID post after market HID's for newer dodges have to be CANBUS compatible otherwise the computer thinks there is a problem, hence the flickering.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

I run HID in my low/highs. I have the quad lamps so separate bulbs each.

I run a relay harness each (2 harnesses in total).I only run 1 Error Code Eliminator per harness, I think it's my feed/switch source, than the other side of the error code goes to my relay.
Without that error code, lights turn on when the truck is off, but once I start the truck and turn the lights on, starts flickering and don't even work half the time.

I have been running this setup for over 2 years without any issues. Only thing I have done was a retrofit on my lights but just installed new bulbs and used all my old harnesses. Worked fine.

Check out www . ddmtuning .com/ (no spaces)

This is where I order all my lights from, well HIDs.

NOTE: I ran HIDs in my fogs, no error code eliminators and everything worked 100%. Than I retrofitted them to LED so they left. Not sure if 2012 they changed the fogs to the canbus system??

Last edited by Bordin; 10-06-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:44 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:120
Firemedic10584 will become famous soon enoughFiremedic10584 will become famous soon enough

Yup, u need CANBUS ballasts. I have had mine in now for 10-11 months with no issues. I am just running the CANBUS ballasts and bulbs, no other harnesses or anything. I have no error messages and (knock on wood) haven't had a bulb not fire yet. 2013 sport with projectors is what I have.