DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4


Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:39 PM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,877
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Studerco, excuse my ignorance and misread of your post.
I just assumed you wanted a 20x10

20x9 will have the same look as you have now. Of course it will look different and stick out further. But yes, 20 x9 will look the same and with a - 12 offset it will push you out 31mm from stock. Which is +19 offset.
Sorry for the confusion...

If you need rims or need pricing on those let me know the brand you want and I can provide you with pricing.
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from DiabloSport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #12  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 PM
StuderCo StuderCo is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 104
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:24
StuderCo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Studerco, excuse my ignorance and misread of your post.
I just assumed you wanted a 20x10

20x9 will have the same look as you have now. Of course it will look different and stick out further. But yes, 20 x9 will look the same and with a - 12 offset it will push you out 31mm from stock. Which is +19 offset.
Sorry for the confusion...

If you need rims or need pricing on those let me know the brand you want and I can provide you with pricing.
Makes sense now. I kinda figured a 20x10 would be a little too wide for the 10.83" tire anyways lol

In specific, I noticed the black Moto Metal 962's come in a 20x9 with a 0mm offset. Only problem with those is they only come in "gloss black", whereas I'd prefer matte black. But sure, if you have pricing on those, that would be pretty helpful, even just to see what I have to save up to get them. Thanks.
__________________
2013 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab
14" Magnaflow, Full Tint, Stubby Antenna, Cabin Air Filter, PE Jackrabbit
2007 F-350 Lariat 6.0 FX4 Crew Cab - SOLD
Studs, Gaskets, EGR del, 4" Turboback, SCT X3 w/ SPD, PHP Hercules 100, 4.5" lift, S&B Intake, Coolant Filter, Black Bumpers, 35x12.5x20", Smoked Lights, 6000k HID's
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
candy08's Avatar
candy08 candy08 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Blytheville, AR/Chesapeake, VA
Age: 30
Posts: 1,740
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep Power: 4
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about
Default

I didn't read all of the posts, but why not get rid of the badyears
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2011 CREWCAB SPORT 4X4 LOADED[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR=red]AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST! [/COLOR][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 PM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,877
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuderCo View Post
Makes sense now. I kinda figured a 20x10 would be a little too wide for the 10.83" tire anyways lol

In specific, I noticed the black Moto Metal 962's come in a 20x9 with a 0mm offset. Only problem with those is they only come in "gloss black", whereas I'd prefer matte black. But sure, if you have pricing on those, that would be pretty helpful, even just to see what I have to save up to get them. Thanks.
Yea. Sorry bout the confusion.
I had the Moto 962 in black and that's why I did get them. I wanted gloss vs black as my truck is black.

You can look up fuel octane in 20x9
They are matte black and pretty sweet.
But I don't know your taste..
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from DiabloSport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 PM
StuderCo StuderCo is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 104
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:24
StuderCo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy08 View Post
I didn't read all of the posts, but why not get rid of the badyears
Well my last truck was lifted with MT's. Really wasn't all it's cracked up to be...especially when I use my truck as a pickup-car. 98% of my driving is paved roads. This truck has about 5300 km on it right now, and the tires are fine for me. Wouldn't make any sense to me to buy a new set of tires when the current ones are barely used and work great for what I need lol. And personally, I just couldn't justify the price.

Once these tires wear out, I'll probably get another set of 275 wide street tires. Maybe 285's if I feel the need. Definitely not looking at mudding out the tires at all this time around lol
__________________
2013 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab
14" Magnaflow, Full Tint, Stubby Antenna, Cabin Air Filter, PE Jackrabbit
2007 F-350 Lariat 6.0 FX4 Crew Cab - SOLD
Studs, Gaskets, EGR del, 4" Turboback, SCT X3 w/ SPD, PHP Hercules 100, 4.5" lift, S&B Intake, Coolant Filter, Black Bumpers, 35x12.5x20", Smoked Lights, 6000k HID's
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 PM
StuderCo StuderCo is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 104
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:24
StuderCo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Yea. Sorry bout the confusion.
I had the Moto 962 in black and that's why I did get them. I wanted gloss vs black as my truck is black.

You can look up fuel octane in 20x9
They are matte black and pretty sweet.
But I don't know your taste..
Yeah my truck is black too. I just looked at the Fuel Octane...still like the Moto 962's better for sure. Let me know if you have a price on those. Thanks for the help.
__________________
2013 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab
14" Magnaflow, Full Tint, Stubby Antenna, Cabin Air Filter, PE Jackrabbit
2007 F-350 Lariat 6.0 FX4 Crew Cab - SOLD
Studs, Gaskets, EGR del, 4" Turboback, SCT X3 w/ SPD, PHP Hercules 100, 4.5" lift, S&B Intake, Coolant Filter, Black Bumpers, 35x12.5x20", Smoked Lights, 6000k HID's
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 PM
candy08's Avatar
candy08 candy08 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Blytheville, AR/Chesapeake, VA
Age: 30
Posts: 1,740
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep Power: 4
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuderCo View Post
Well my last truck was lifted with MT's. Really wasn't all it's cracked up to be...especially when I use my truck as a pickup-car. 98% of my driving is paved roads. This truck has about 5300 km on it right now, and the tires are fine for me. Wouldn't make any sense to me to buy a new set of tires when the current ones are barely used and work great for what I need lol. And personally, I just couldn't justify the price.

Once these tires wear out, I'll probably get another set of 275 wide street tires. Maybe 285's if I feel the need. Definitely not looking at mudding out the tires at all this time around lol
Right. I was just thinking you could go ahead and get your street tires in the size you need. Would allow you to get any wheel and offset you wanted and not have to settle. But I fully understand the coin side of it as well.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2011 CREWCAB SPORT 4X4 LOADED[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR=red]AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST! [/COLOR][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 PM
StuderCo StuderCo is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 104
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:24
StuderCo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy08 View Post
Right. I was just thinking you could go ahead and get your street tires in the size you need. Would allow you to get any wheel and offset you wanted and not have to settle. But I fully understand the coin side of it as well.
Yeah the price is really what's killing me with the new tire idea. I know I can get a "better overall deal" with a tire&rim package, but it's still more cash out of my pocket. Last truck I had, I spent over $14k in upgrades, etc. in about 6 months. That was bad. And a huge waste overall. Trying to do things more conservatively this time around. hahaha
__________________
2013 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab
14" Magnaflow, Full Tint, Stubby Antenna, Cabin Air Filter, PE Jackrabbit
2007 F-350 Lariat 6.0 FX4 Crew Cab - SOLD
Studs, Gaskets, EGR del, 4" Turboback, SCT X3 w/ SPD, PHP Hercules 100, 4.5" lift, S&B Intake, Coolant Filter, Black Bumpers, 35x12.5x20", Smoked Lights, 6000k HID's
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:00 PM
candy08's Avatar
candy08 candy08 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Blytheville, AR/Chesapeake, VA
Age: 30
Posts: 1,740
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep Power: 4
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuderCo View Post
Yeah the price is really what's killing me with the new tire idea. I know I can get a "better overall deal" with a tire&rim package, but it's still more cash out of my pocket. Last truck I had, I spent over $14k in upgrades, etc. in about 6 months. That was bad. And a huge waste overall. Trying to do things more conservatively this time around. hahaha
touche sir touche haha
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2011 CREWCAB SPORT 4X4 LOADED[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR=red]AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST! [/COLOR][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-27-2013, 01:14 PM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,877
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuderCo View Post
Yeah my truck is black too. I just looked at the Fuel Octane...still like the Moto 962's better for sure. Let me know if you have a price on those. Thanks for the help.
Yes sir!
PM on its way
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from DiabloSport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
deep dish, leveling, offset, rims

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum