DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Something that will need installing this week. So I finally got my TB in, I had to order it from Discount Auto Performance since for some reason the other place I ordered it from suddenly lost my order and had no more available, I checked with Andrew (FastNugly) from DAP and he had it stock, Placed the order end of last week and it showed up at the door on Monday. That some fast service. Thanks Andrew, you guys are the best.

So here is the TB, and now to the installation.

So pulled off my Air intake and located the TB hidden behind it, unplug both the TB cable and the Temp sensor connections. There are 4 bolts that hold the TB in, 10mm, unscrew and remove the TB.

install the new TB and put in the bolts, tighten them back up, I did not have the torque specs of the bolts but I am presuming first snug them up so the TB is flat at its location, hit them up in a star pattern at about 80 in/lb then go over them up to about 105 in/lb, that should be good.

attache the wire and your ready to put the Air intake back on.

So now that its all on and running, what are my opinions on this unit, Well the first thing I noticed is the gas pedal is a lot more sensitive, so responsiveness is there. Once the truck warmed up to operating temperature, I could feel there was some good pull from about 2500 - 2800 rpm, I just recently changed my Bully Dog tune to the 85+ tune and the truck is still learning my driving ways, so its hard to pinpoint anything right now but I do feel that its given me some giddy up, as things progress I will chime in more information.

As for the unit, I want to thank Andrew and Jeremiah from DAP for stepping up and getting me that unit so quick. These guys are Really on there game.

Last edited by Asur; 03-27-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 AM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Oh by the way, 105 in/lb is around 8-9 ft/lb of torque. its not alot, you could probably just hand tighten till they are nice and snug. Don't tighten more or you will break the TB Base its made of some sort of 60's Bakelite plastic.

Another detail I noticed, I find the engine goes to Eco mode a lot faster and often with this new TB. Hope I am saving fuel more also LOL

Last edited by Asur; 03-27-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:23
Rebelsfr3 is on a distinguished road

Awesome. I'll be installing mine this weekend. maybe earlier depending on my patience. lol
Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 PM

is there any increased intake noise? a more noticeable whistle?
Old 03-27-2013, 01:42 PM

I did not hear anything as far as more noise, ultimately having a now tapered entry will cause less intake air noise in my opinion. But no noticeable whistle.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 EcoD (ordered)
Trim Level: Longhorn: CC, 6'4"
Color: Granite Crystal
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Asur, looks good The same...but good....LOL

Keep us posted on how she performs
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:20 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

any more updates on the TB ??

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:29 PM

I like it, I feel there is a difference and the pedal is better, I took my truck down from the 91+ tune to the 87+ tune and after a week of it re-learning my driving style it feels really nice, I would say the best is 2800 rpm and up you can feel its got better pull and of course the pedal. I cannot give more info than this unless I got it up on a dino. Do I think its a mod that should be done. I say yes, but after other mods like Tuner and exhaust, but for anyone that loves to mod there truck, its something that's worth doing eventually.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:47 PM

I agree with Asur, i'm just not so sure about the price versus the benefits.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram 1500 4.7L
Trim Level: st
Color: metallic grey
Rep:10
ramnher is on a distinguished road

Would the throttle body spacer I have be useless after this mod?