DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

how did you tape off the reverse light is such a good square? haha
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7l Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
DodgeRam Maniac is on a distinguished road

i hate VHT nightshades i used it about 6 months ago and the sun faded the hell out of them especially the 3rd brake light. I live in Texas so it gets pretty hot in the summer
Old 11-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Rep:2793
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
how did you tape off the reverse light is such a good square? haha
Time and patience and a good painter tape lol.. I think i used frog tape on my current set.. Just rip it in little bits for the sides and if you have to.. use your finger tail to pull the excess tape back a bit. Then just go over the middle and any small gaps with bigger pieces. Was actually pretty easy to do the taping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRam Maniac View Post
i hate VHT nightshades i used it about 6 months ago and the sun faded the hell out of them especially the 3rd brake light. I live in Texas so it gets pretty hot in the summer
I'm sure that Texas sun will fade a lot of things very fast. I noticed when I first did it with just the nightshades and nothing else the sun took it's toll few months in. My bud went and did 3 coats of nightshade on his 01 chev 2 months after I first did without prepping or any post work. they are fading too.

Since I actually wetsanded, vht, allowed a dry time, clear coated the hell out of it and used polisher which can be found here and a good wax. I also wax them whenever I detail my truck. Had no fading yet.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 11-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Man Up And Cam Up

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Rep:1034
Kamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud ofKamanhart has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Time and patience and a good painter tape lol.. I think i used frog tape on my current set.. Just rip it in little bits for the sides and if you have to.. use your finger tail to pull the excess tape back a bit. Then just go over the middle and any small gaps with bigger pieces. Was actually pretty easy to do the taping.

I'm sure that Texas sun will fade a lot of things very fast. I noticed when I first did it with just the nightshades and nothing else the sun took it's toll few months in. My bud went and did 3 coats of nightshade on his 01 chev 2 months after I first did without prepping or any post work. they are fading too.

Since I actually wetsanded, vht, allowed a dry time, clear coated the hell out of it and used polisher which can be found here and a good wax. I also wax them whenever I detail my truck. Had no fading yet.
I agree with this, a good painters paint is well worth the money, along with a steady hand and a sharp razor blade you can put the tape on then being real easy with the blade while a light is shinning through the back up light whole just follow the line around the clear part and get you self a nice edge. but for anyone doing this clear coating is a must or the sun will be your worst enemy
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
Scotian Pride is on a distinguished road

Quote:

yeah I had saw the pic of you playin in the mud I wasn't to sure looked like you had put one coat over them. either way thou I'm gonna do mine up this weekend once I get home from work so I'll post some pix and let you guys all know how it turned out hopefully make my ass just that much sexier lol. and sorry I went quiet internet at the camp decided to crash for a couple of days. guess I've been surfin round on here to much lol.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotian Pride View Post
yeah I had saw the pic of you playin in the mud I wasn't to sure looked like you had put one coat over them. either way thou I'm gonna do mine up this weekend once I get home from work so I'll post some pix and let you guys all know how it turned out hopefully make my ass just that much sexier lol. and sorry I went quiet internet at the camp decided to crash for a couple of days. guess I've been surfin round on here to much lol.
lol everyone goes MIA once in a while. I went and dug up an excellent write up that starquest made a few months back. I followed this when I did my first set the second time (then they were smashed). Link is right HERE
Old 11-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
Scotian Pride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
lol everyone goes MIA once in a while. I went and dug up an excellent write up that starquest made a few months back. I followed this when I did my first set the second time (then they were smashed). Link is right HERE
thats a good write up and thats one of about 10 vids I watched on people doing this to their lights so I'm kinda figuring one close up spay and one farther back to achieve my desired look lol. I think I may put one coat over the reverse lights just that way it has the smoked look to it to
Old 11-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
thats a good write up and thats one of about 10 vids I watched on people doing this to their lights so I'm kinda figuring one close up spay and one farther back to achieve my desired look lol. I think I may put one coat over the reverse lights just that way it has the smoked look to it to
Go for it. With my tails I thought it would looks cool clear. But the all black is nice.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I saw someones reverse fogged like that and i thought it looked pretty tacky. It didn't look how I thought it would look.
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 11-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
I saw someones reverse fogged like that and i thought it looked pretty tacky. It didn't look how I thought it would look.
People that use plasti-dipp smoked on their tails have that affect.