DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Very sorry for your misfortune! I am curious.. how many miles you got on her right now? I have a '12 also and although I do not use a tuner (she's all stock under the hood) it would be nice to know if I should keep an eye out for this problem in my rig's future.

Keep us posted on what the dealership says on Monday. It's a sad, sad day indeed when a Ram is up on a flatbed hitching a free ride.
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford17 View Post
I also disconnected the battery for 30 mins and still no start... It'll be going to the dealership on a flatbed Monday...

Ok well it sucks for sure, Not fun to have the truck down and out. I have not seen many if not any threads on this type of issue. Hopefully its something stupid and you will have your truck back fixed really soon. Let us know what they find please. All the best
Old 02-23-2013, 07:08 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with your truck Clifford. Sounds to me like your truck is holding on to a code as indicated by your "Check Engine" light remaining on. If the fault shows that your Trinity had something to do with it and your dealer does not honor your warranty, then make sure you make this incident known to Diablo. Hopefully it is just a faulty programmer that just scrambled your trucks brain.

And to DodgeBoy, I almost bet the Ram engineers are saying the same; "Damn Dodge Owners! Why can't they just stop messing with aftermarket programmers and leave the damn ECU/TCM alone!" Hence the recording of any unauthorized tampering with today's vehicles. Not just Dodge.

Last edited by Gantman; 02-23-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:57 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Ok well it sucks for sure, Not fun to have the truck down and out. I have not seen many if not any threads on this type of issue. Hopefully its something stupid and you will have your truck back fixed really soon. Let us know what they find please. All the best
i belong to about 7 other forums and like i said theres a few others that had a similar problem i can check to see the outcome
Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:176
Clifford17 has a spectacular aura aboutClifford17 has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys I got to thinking... I just had the y pipe changed and could any of this stem from the guy not disconnecting my battery?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
Rep:902
oldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to behold

You are never supposed to weld on any of these new ECU controlled things. Bad ground hookup and voltage spike "can" go thur ECU, frying it. That said, I'm sure there are untold people who have done the same thing with no problems.
The tuner people should be told what's going on here, maybe they will pay for this problem. It appears the rolling codes in the stock ECU doesn't like the new programmers.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford17 View Post
I had the fuel milage boost tune in at the time... i just took it out of the truck and pu the stock back up in it... it says theres no codes anymore but the engine light is still on and truck won start.... not very happy right now, considering i had a ton of shit to do today
I've heard the fuel mileage boost tune causes issues. This is even from prior years.
So I've stayed away from it and never tried it now will it.
Just heard it clogs things.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough

The joys of modding new cars... Sorry to hear the bad news bud. I know you love that truck. Hopefully nothing expensive is broken.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhp View Post
You are never supposed to weld on any of these new ECU controlled things.
Whoever told you this has no idea what they're talking about. You most certainly can weld on computer controlled vehicles, even with the battery hooked up.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:34 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

After looking at the potential causes for the P0884, I can't help but wonder if some tranny wiring was damaged during the Y-pipe install. From what I see, the tuner wouldn't be at fault here unless something really went bat-shit crazy and is causing false codes to pop up. What this code is esentially saying is that power to the TCM portion of the PCM went off and came back on while the truck was rolling down the road.

Last edited by RamTech; 02-24-2013 at 01:37 PM.