DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-02-2013, 03:33 AM
Victim of Sequestration

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:175
K9ENDY has a spectacular aura aboutK9ENDY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Nadz View Post
I got a Magnaflow 14" put on mine about 2 weeks ago. It sounds INCREDIBLE at idle and cruising around town. Very deep and you definitely know its there, but its not obnoxious like a lot of the flowmaster stuff.

On the highway it does have a little bit of drone. More than I expected from the research I did before my purchase, but nothing to bad. I can live with it.

If I had to re-do my purchase I would probably go with the 18" in hopes of eliminating a little bit of drone, but keeping the deep tone driving around town.
Thanks, maybe I'll look into that. I like road trips on my down time and I don't wanna drive myself crazy(er).
DeeZee Ultrablack Bull Bar/Fuel Maverick Wheels/Goodyear DuraTracs/Line-X Bedliner/TorzaTop Tonneau/Steelcraft Nerfbars/18" Magnaflow/K&N Drop-in/Hella Driving Lights/Prestige XS Flares/IPCW Tailgate Bar/Honeycomb Inserts/AVS Vent Visors & Bugflector/DeeZee Tailgate Assist/VHT Tails/Billet Tailgate Emblem/AMI Grille Emblem/Debadged/CrystalVision Fogs/Hardwired Cobra Radar Detector/Stubby Antenna/AMI Fuel Door/Blue Int. LEDs
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Victim of Sequestration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Nadz View Post
I got a Magnaflow 14" put on mine about 2 weeks ago. It sounds INCREDIBLE at idle and cruising around town. Very deep and you definitely know its there, but its not obnoxious like a lot of the flowmaster stuff.

On the highway it does have a little bit of drone. More than I expected from the research I did before my purchase, but nothing to bad. I can live with it.

If I had to re-do my purchase I would probably go with the 18" in hopes of eliminating a little bit of drone, but keeping the deep tone driving around town.
Thanks for that!! I just ordered the 18" Magnaflow (part #12288, 3" in/dual 2.5" out, far as I can tell that's right for the Ram Sport). Wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes once installed.

Got this dang bullbar staring at me, too. I know a place that might do both installations at once and save me some trouble. Seems whenever I finally get a free minute, it's dark out...

Thanks again.
DeeZee Ultrablack Bull Bar/Fuel Maverick Wheels/Goodyear DuraTracs/Line-X Bedliner/TorzaTop Tonneau/Steelcraft Nerfbars/18" Magnaflow/K&N Drop-in/Hella Driving Lights/Prestige XS Flares/IPCW Tailgate Bar/Honeycomb Inserts/AVS Vent Visors & Bugflector/DeeZee Tailgate Assist/VHT Tails/Billet Tailgate Emblem/AMI Grille Emblem/Debadged/CrystalVision Fogs/Hardwired Cobra Radar Detector/Stubby Antenna/AMI Fuel Door/Blue Int. LEDs
Old 02-02-2013, 06:03 AM
Victim of Sequestration

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.C. Express View Post
You can't go wrong with the Magnaflows! Mine is built identical to Magnaflow, but costs 1/2 the price. Check out BSM Exhaust Vendor forum/thread on here for the Jones MaxFlow Mufflers. Mine is 18" long, very deep sounding exhaust that gets real nasty sounding above 2k rpms. The 14" is the loudest.
I happened across that during my jog around the web tonight. I think it was $54 and some were saying it was the best they had heard. Decided to go with something I had heard of just to be "safe". Whatever that means....
Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500 quadcab 4x4
Trim Level: bighorn
Color: white
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:20
boomer is on a distinguished road

so got the super 44 installed today. Justtook it for a ride sounded good, not much noise inside the cab and through town it echos off the buildings happy with it, wouldn't have hurt my feelings to be even louder
Old 03-21-2013, 03:17 AM

Vehicle: 13 Hemi Ram Sport
Rep:10
HeMi BosS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
so got the super 44 installed today. Justtook it for a ride sounded good, not much noise inside the cab and through town it echos off the buildings happy with it, wouldn't have hurt my feelings to be even louder
i have a 2013 ram hemi sport and i was going to get the super 44s but now i see alot of people saying the drone is really bad when mds kicks in. so how loud is the drone since you have the super 44 ?

also is it worth it to buy a magnaflow y pipe ?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMi BosS View Post
i have a 2013 ram hemi sport and i was going to get the super 44s but now i see alot of people saying the drone is really bad when mds kicks in. so how loud is the drone since you have the super 44 ?

I have single super 44's on my 08.. The only time the drone was ever bad was when I chopped the resonator and all pipes 4 inches after the muffler and let it dump under the box... full 8, you could hear me well before you saw me... and when MDS kicked in... it was baddd.. So i welded the pipe back on and I am loving the sound... The MDS droan is slightly noticable..but nothing serious.. I even like the sound of the MDS droan a bit
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 03-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Pearlescent Black
Sparrow89 is on a distinguished road

i went with an 11" magnaflow dual in dual out love it!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:34 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Userj8670 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMi BosS View Post

I to have the super 44 on my truck and alot of these people complain about the drone and how horrible it is - i really dont see what the problem is. Yes i have noise in the cab but its nothing you cant have a normal conversation over. Even when the mds kicks in i think it gives off a nice note but thats just me. People dont buy flowmasters because they want a little tone in their exhaust note - people buy them so you can announce to everyone your coming before they see you. What i dont understand is why people complain about the noise level on a flowmaster being to loud - hell your radio is usually louder than that!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:35 PM

Vehicle: 13 Hemi Ram Sport
HeMi BosS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
I have single super 44's on my 08.. The only time the drone was ever bad was when I chopped the resonator and all pipes 4 inches after the muffler and let it dump under the box... full 8, you could hear me well before you saw me... and when MDS kicked in... it was baddd.. So i welded the pipe back on and I am loving the sound... The MDS droan is slightly noticable..but nothing serious.. I even like the sound of the MDS droan a bit

does the exhaust sound weird then it goes to 4 cylinders ?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Userj8670 is on a distinguished road

Also before i forget yes the y pipe is worth it if your looking for performance. Anything to make your engine works less/breathe better = horsepower and in some cases fuel economy. Is it enough to make it noticeable, prolly not but all the little things you do add up to.

Cheers!