DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 AM
Victim of Sequestration

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:175
K9ENDY has a spectacular aura aboutK9ENDY has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone having problems with....

Their outdoor temperature sensor? Mine is usually anywhere from 7-12 degrees off the outside temperature. Last time I took it down to the dealership (for Line-X) I told them about it. When I came back they said that a "sensor bulb" was faulty and they replaced it and it should be "good to go". I think they were blowing a little sunshine up my tail because nothing has changed. Anyone know if this can be re-calibrated on my own or do I need to go back down there?

Also having issues with the center console not closing when I just drop it. I have to use some force to get it to click in, so I might have to take it down for that, too.

Found a mess up on the paint towards the front. I'm afraid I can see the fight brewing on that one and who says it's gonna look better once "fixed"? It looks like something was on the truck like a fleck of something and they just sprayed right over it and left it there.

I guess in the grand scheme of things these are all very minor issues and I am very happy with my purchase. I just don't like going back down there because I always feel like I'm the bad guy for bringing this crap up (not to mention I'm pretty busy as it is without dealing with them).
DeeZee Ultrablack Bull Bar/Fuel Maverick Wheels/Goodyear DuraTracs/Line-X Bedliner/TorzaTop Tonneau/Steelcraft Nerfbars/18" Magnaflow/K&N Drop-in/Hella Driving Lights/Prestige XS Flares/IPCW Tailgate Bar/Honeycomb Inserts/AVS Vent Visors & Bugflector/DeeZee Tailgate Assist/VHT Tails/Billet Tailgate Emblem/AMI Grille Emblem/Debadged/CrystalVision Fogs/Hardwired Cobra Radar Detector/Stubby Antenna/AMI Fuel Door/Blue Int. LEDs

Last edited by K9ENDY; 01-23-2013 at 03:54 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram SXT
Trim Level: SXT
Rep:12
RAMDJM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9ENDY View Post
Their outdoor temperature sensor? Mine is usually anywhere from 7-12 degrees off the outside temperature. Last time I took it down to the dealership (for Line-X) I told them about it. When I came back they said that a "sensor bulb" was faulty and they replaced it and it should be "good to go". I think they were blowing a little sunshine up my tail because nothing has changed. Anyone know if this can be re-calibrated on my own or do I need to go back down there?

Also having issues with the center console not closing when I just drop it. I have to use some force to get it to click in, so I might have to take it down for that, too.

Found a mess up on the paint towards the front. I'm afraid I can see the fight brewing on that one and who says it's gonna look better once "fixed"? It looks like something was on the truck like a fleck of something and they just sprayed right over it and left it there.

I guess in the grand scheme of things these are all very minor issues and I am very happy with my purchase. I just don't like going back down there because I always feel like I'm the bad guy for bringing this crap up (not to mention I'm pretty busy as it is without dealing with them).

my temp shows off too but its hard to tell if your comparing temp to the news they may get their readings from somewhere else, in a city spread out as much as the one im in it can snow in one part, and sunny in another. Or if you have ever rode a motorcycle you know how much temp changes just by riding around and feeling the air.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Victim of Sequestration

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMDJM View Post
my temp shows off too but its hard to tell if your comparing temp to the news they may get their readings from somewhere else, in a city spread out as much as the one im in it can snow in one part, and sunny in another. Or if you have ever rode a motorcycle you know how much temp changes just by riding around and feeling the air.
Yeah, I'm kind of a weather nerd and have a pretty expensive weather station set-up at my house and I also monitor other stations in my area.

If it was 1 or 2 degrees I wouldn't even sweat it but it's telling me it's 23 degrees sometimes when it's actually a couple degrees above freezing. Naturally, that slows me down a little until I figure out what the real temperature is.
DeeZee Ultrablack Bull Bar/Fuel Maverick Wheels/Goodyear DuraTracs/Line-X Bedliner/TorzaTop Tonneau/Steelcraft Nerfbars/18" Magnaflow/K&N Drop-in/Hella Driving Lights/Prestige XS Flares/IPCW Tailgate Bar/Honeycomb Inserts/AVS Vent Visors & Bugflector/DeeZee Tailgate Assist/VHT Tails/Billet Tailgate Emblem/AMI Grille Emblem/Debadged/CrystalVision Fogs/Hardwired Cobra Radar Detector/Stubby Antenna/AMI Fuel Door/Blue Int. LEDs
Old 01-23-2013, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 RCLB 4x4 3.92 Ls
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Mineral Gray Metalic
Rep:23
61Dodge is on a distinguished road

I have an issue with mine. It seems to read at least 5 to 7 degrees lower. I will be getting my 1st oil change next week, have them check it then.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:18
rjmlakota is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61Dodge View Post
I have an issue with mine. It seems to read at least 5 to 7 degrees lower. I will be getting my 1st oil change next week, have them check it then.
Same here. This morning my thermometer outside said 6 degrees. Started up the truck and it said -4.

Please keep us updated on what the dealership says, or does to correct it.

Thanks,

RJ
Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Snow White
Rep:160
Yo Nadz has a spectacular aura aboutYo Nadz has a spectacular aura about

No problems with the temp, but my console also requires a gentle nudge to latch closed.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500 big horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Pearl blue
Rep:10
smpdnky is on a distinguished road

Mine also is off about 5 degrees.. its colder than actual
Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:10
Newtruckhigh is on a distinguished road

It is not just you on the center console issue. I just finished test driving four or five 1500s and making my purchasing of a new 1500 yesterday. I did notice that some center consoles of my test drives did not close right if you just drop shut em. Like you, I had to put some heat on it going down and slap it shut. The truck I did buy, does not have that issue. So something on yours needs adjusted imo.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 AM
Victim of Sequestration

Wow, guess I'm not alone in these issues. Maybe they'll issue a recall notice at some point in the near future. Was hoping there was a way to back door the temp. calibration...
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram SXT
Trim Level: SXT
Rep:12
RAMDJM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9ENDY View Post
Wow, guess I'm not alone in these issues. Maybe they'll issue a recall notice at some point in the near future. Was hoping there was a way to back door the temp. calibration...
Ive never really paid that much attention to it, as long as my truck is warm i really don't care what the temp is. Guess im on the old theory of stick your arm outside, if its wet its raining, if its cold it cold, if its covered in snow its snowing and if its hot its hot