DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 4X4 RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
HemiRhoid is on a distinguished road

I'm looking for 5" chrome tips for the dual exhaust. I understand that Mufflex has them but the're well over $200.
Extang Full Tilt Tonneau Cover; Herculiner Bed Liner; Husky Mud Flaps; Sylvania Silverstar zXe Headlight Bulbs; Westin Platinum Series Tube Steps; CIPA 36600 Rearview Mirror w/ map lights, compass, & auto-dim; Tow Hooks; AMI 6" Stubby Antenna and K&N Drop-In Air Filter
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetroni View Post
Does the Y-pipe make that much of a performance difference, will regret not getting the pipe replaced if I just go with a Magnaflo muffler. I also have the 2012 Express and I like the way the tips look, do I need to replace them if I do the muffler?

Thanks for the advise
You will not see any real performance gains out of it, replacing the factory ypipe just frees up some restriction on the exhaust and gives you the option to reroute the exhaust piping from the cats to the y pipe. If you like the tips you have already no you do not need to replace them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetroni View Post
I was thinking the 18" by what I have read so thanks for confirming. The FM's were cool when I wanted to piss my neighbors off but I too am suffering from the gettin older situation.
The 18" muffler by magnaflow is by far one of the most popular mufflers to go with it is a very good choice for someone who wants a happy median between loud and not real quite.

Here are the links again I will add the y pipe replacement as well incase any one is interested in it too.

MAGNAFLOW STEEL Y-PIPE 3" INLET 2.5" OUTLET $31

Magnaflow 14" Muffler $134.61

Magnaflow 18" Muffler $155.99

Magnaflow 22" Muffler $124.01

These are shipped prices to the lower 48 states.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:45 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiRhoid View Post
I'm looking for 5" chrome tips for the dual exhaust. I understand that Mufflex has them but the're well over $200.
Are you after the 5" magnaflow tips or would you be open to MBRP 5" chrome tips?

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CTD 2500 4X4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White/Silver
Rep:119
Wizza will become famous soon enoughWizza will become famous soon enough

I had changed my OEM muffler can to a Magnaflow (long time customer) and chose not to take the resonator off of my 06 MC. Wondered how much better it would have sounded with that out f the way. I often could not tell the difference between the stock and aftermarket when I drove.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

What's the difference in price between the Magnaflow and the MBRP 5" chrome tips?
Extang Full Tilt Tonneau Cover; Herculiner Bed Liner; Husky Mud Flaps; Sylvania Silverstar zXe Headlight Bulbs; Westin Platinum Series Tube Steps; CIPA 36600 Rearview Mirror w/ map lights, compass, & auto-dim; Tow Hooks; AMI 6" Stubby Antenna and K&N Drop-In Air Filter
Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Magnaflow has 2, 5" tips they are listed below

Magnaflow 35213 3-1/2 Inch Inside Diameter Inlet; 5 Inch Outlet
$111.09 each

Magnaflow 35214 4 Inch Inside Diameter Inlet; 5 Inch Outlet
$104.09 each

MBRP

T5050
Exhaust Tail Pipe Tip; Pro Series; 4 Inch Inlet Diameter; 5 Inch Outlet Diameter; Stainless Steel; Round; Straight Cut; Rolled Edge; 12 Inch Length
$49.99 each

T5049
Exhaust Tail Pipe Tip; Pro Series; 4 Inch Inlet Diameter; 5 Inch Outlet Diameter; Stainless Steel; Round; Straight Cut; Beveled Edge; 12 Inch Length
$54.99 Each

T5051
Exhaust Tail Pipe Tip; Pro Series; 4 Inch Inlet Diameter; 5 Inch Outlet Diameter; Stainless Steel; Round; Angled Cut; Rolled Edge; 12 Inch Length
$49.99 Each

T5052
Exhaust Tail Pipe Tip; Pro Series; 4 Inch Inlet Diameter; 5 Inch Outlet Diameter; Stainless Steel; Round; Angled Cut; Straight Edge; 12 Inch Length
$49.99 Each

T5053
Exhaust Tail Pipe Tip; Pro Series; 4 Inch Inlet Diameter; 5 Inch Outlet Diameter; Stainless Steel; Round; Angled Cut; Beveled Edge; 12 Inch Length
$54.99 Each

Thanks
Jeremiah

Old 01-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:22 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiRhoid View Post
Thank you very much for your assistance.
No problem at all if you'd like to place an order feel free to contact me, maybe we can shave even a little more off on purchases of 2 or more items

Thanks
Jeremiah