DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion All about Off-Road in here! From prep to execution! Let us know how you roll Off Road in your Dodge Ram Truck!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 dodge ram 1500
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
06 ram is on a distinguished road
Post 6" lift and 35s?... stock rims??

Im new to ramforumz, got a couple questions on my new ram! I have an 06 ram 1500 4x4 slt with stock 20s. Im looking at 6" lift kits right now and i am pretty set on the rough country due to my budget. i have heard that i cannot use my stock wheels with this lift along with 35 mud grips.(12.5 wide) is this true or can i keep my rims?? i would rather not replace them.

Also stuck between open country or trail grapplers? any experience with them? they will be on my everyday driver but it does see some pretty nasty mud around here. Prices are close but what are some pros and cons (mudding, wear, noise ect...)

also preferences and experience between rough country and skyjacker 6"???

thanks
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

as far as RCX goes it is a good kit, however is not my first coice, Skyjacker makes a couple of GREAT kits for you model year truck, as well as ProComp, and BDS, however if your on a budget RCX and SkyJacker are probably going to be you best bet. Now before i get you part numbers and such do you have a regular cab, quad cab, or crew cab?

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

thanks, i have a quad cab
Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

SkyJacker has many kits for yout truck (6 to be exact), ill post up part numbers and retail prices for a few kits from other respectable manufacturers as well, now keep in mind these are retail prices, these are not our everyday low prices, most of our prices are so low we can not advertise them below a certain point, so if you are interested in a certain kit i strongly encourage you to research it, compare it to others, and make a decision not just based on price, but based on what you are going to be using your truck for and on reliability. And again if interested in a certain kit just let me know via pm and I can get you our price on it(even if it is not one that I have listed, we carry many different kits from a wide range of manufacturers, and I would be more than happy to get you a price on it as well)

SkyJacker

D660SSK-H Retail: $1462
Kit Includes:
- D646A
- D646B
- D660C
- H7036

D660SSK-M Retail: $1628
Kit Includes:
- D646A
- D646B
- D660C
- M9536
- M9536D

D660SSK-N Retail: $1478
Kit Includes:
- D646A
- D646B
- D660C
- N8036

D660SSKS-H Retail: $2077
Kit Includes:
- D646A
- D646B
- D660CS
- DR250S
- H7036

D660SSKS-M Retail: $2150
Kit Includes:
- D646A
- D646B
- D660CS
- DR250S
- M9536

D660SSKS-N Retail: $2093
Kit Includes:
- D646A
- D646B
- D660CS
- DR250S
- N8036

Pro Comp Suspension 56007BMX retail $1600
Suspension Lift Kit
6 in Lift.
Upgrade

6 INCH CROSSMEMBER/KNUCKLE LIFT KIT WITH ES3000 SHOCKS Retail : $1682
PART NUMBER: K2062B
Lift Height: 6 Inches
Front Lift:Spindles/Knuckles
Front/Rear Crossmembers
Compression Struts
Front Sway Bar Spacers
Bump Stop Extensions.
Steering Correction: Not Needed
Extended Length Brake Lines
Rear Lift: Block/U-Bolt Kit
Shocks: Rear ES9000 Shocks
Shock Boots Not Included

6 INCH CROSSMEMBER/KNUCKLE LIFT KIT WITH MX-6 SHOCKS retail $2694

6 INCH CROSSMEMBER/KNUCKLE LIFT KIT WITH FRONT MX2.75 COILOVERS & MX-6 SHOCKS retail $1491

6 INCH CROSSMEMBER/KNUCKLE LIFT KIT WITH MX-6 SHOCKS retail $1721

6 INCH CROSSMEMBER/KNUCKLE LIFT KIT WITH PRO RUNNER SHOCKS retail $1754

Hope this maybe helps you in your search, alot of info here to read up on and a good base retail price, however as stated above these are not our prices, our prices are lower so if interested in a system let us know and id be more than happy to see what i can get it to you for

Thanks
Jeremiah

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

which kits of these are generally best for my 2006? as far as strength, ride ect.. in the lower price range of course
Old 01-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Rep:141
newfiebullet will become famous soon enoughnewfiebullet will become famous soon enough

lower in price range is probably gonna be rough country, they are getting a pretty good name around here....its 999$ for a 6" for your truck
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

If I had an 06 i would likely go with a ProComp kit, I have personally ran ProComp for a long time on a few different trucks, and never had 1 bit of issue with them, SkyJacker also makes a great product however is sometimes hard to get as alot of the time is back ordered, however we do have a few skyjacker lifts in stock so if you like one I'd be more than happy to check availability, also we have every ProComp lift above in stock ready to ship , RCX also makes a nice product however they are not my favorite but they are great for the budget kit nothing that I would take out and abuse though.

by lower price range what kind of dollar range are you trying to stay in and I will see what I have in that range for you

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Peformance

Old 01-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 08 lonestar hemi ram qc
Trim Level: slt
Color: white/gold
Rep:13
liljohn30 is on a distinguished road
Default 08 quad cab

what kits do you have for my truck..im leveled now with 20 x9 neg 12 4.5 fuels hostages..this spring i'm gonna do 35 12.5 20 nitto trail grapplers..I'm not sure i need a lift but its good to have the info..
Old 01-19-2013, 04:00 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn30 View Post
what kits do you have for my truck..im leveled now with 20 x9 neg 12 4.5 fuels hostages..this spring i'm gonna do 35 12.5 20 nitto trail grapplers..I'm not sure i need a lift but its good to have the info..
We have quite a few lifts for you truck as well from 4-6" lifts and then even a few combos we could put together to get you an 8" lift, if all your looking to do is fit 35's you could likely do it with your level with minor trimming and the correct wheel offset and tire. Let me know what you might be looking for as far as height goes and i could narrow it down a bit

Thanks
Jeremiah

Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
macandjeeps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 ram View Post
i have heard that i cannot use my stock wheels with this lift along with 35 mud grips.(12.5 wide) is this true or can i keep my rims?? i would rather not replace them.
I apologize if someone else has already answered and i missed it. Generally speaking you want to keep the rim of the tire closer to the width of the tire. I think generally within an inch or two? So for example the default tires are 10 inch tires on a 7.5 inch rim (actually i thought the default rims where 8.5s?) Either way, if your going to a 12.5 you'll want a wider rim.

also, and here is the kicker - if you don't get one with a more negative offset, the 35s will rub on the inside of the tirewell and the componants. Basically in laymens terms, wider the tire, the further from the truck the mounting point of the rim needs to be so that the wider tire has room to fit.

To sum up - if your going to drop 3k on a lift kit and tires - don't skip on good rims

tires info
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...S|b|6698650813&

Offset Explained:
http://kgm.tiwing.com/calcs/offsetcalc.htm
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101