DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: ST Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
cl2222 is on a distinguished road
Default Upper Glove Box Issue

Hey Everyone,

Chris here...new to the forum, just purchased a 2012 ST Express to replace my '02 RAM...and I have a question regarding the conversions some have done on the upper glove boxes on the ST models.

I know there a a few threads open on this topic, and I have posted to those, but haven't received an answer as of yet.

I have tried to order the parts from WeRMopar and have received 3 covers for the glove box that all seem to be the wrong color.

The guys there say it only comes in 2 colors, Lt Gray and Dk brown, and he has no further part numbers for the 2-tone Beige and Gray dash that I have on the ST Express model.

I have seen pictures in this forum where the color seems to be correct, but when I order the specified part number from the post, I keep getting the wrong color.

SO...Does the Beige top door exist? and if the part number isn't 1NM00BD3AA, then what is it?

Thanks for your help....so wanting to get this done and really stuck with this color thing...and lots of doors

Chris
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i found this, it may or may not be correct

1NM001D3AA & 1NM002D3AA
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Reg Cab Express
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:29
Techno Tim is on a distinguished road

This is kind of a shot in the dark but the color scheme can be very deceptive if you look at parts out of context. The door by itself will look like a dark gray color but when you hold it up over the dash where it goes, it can suddenly look much lighter in contrast to the charcoal gray of the lower dash. If you haven't already, take the latest door you have gotten (hopefully you still have it) and hold it up over the open bin that is there now and compare it to the dash top. If it matches, you do indeed have the correct door.

HTH and I'll be looking for your next post on how to get the cover in place!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram express
Trim Level: express
Color: black
dsexpress is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
i found this, it may or may not be correct

1NM001D3AA & 1NM002D3AA
1NM002D3AA......no such animal. As stated earlier only gray, or brown.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

look at this website
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...NM00BD3AA.html
================================================== ==========
apparently there are 3 colors available
you can't go by the part numbers on this site

MP-1NM85GTVAA E7/F7 Upper Glove Box Door - 2009-2012 Dodge Ram 1500 & 2010-2012 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 - Beige $ 259.95
MP-1NM85XDVAA E7/F7 Upper Glove Box Door - 2009-2012 Dodge Ram 1500 & 2010-2012 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 - Dark Slate $ 259.95
MP-1NM00BD3AA E7/F7 Upper Glove Box Door - 2009-2012 Dodge Ram 1500 & 2010-2012 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 - Medium Slate $ 179.95
http://www.jimsautoparts.com/mopar_p...m_interior.htm

================================================== =================

this is from a dodge technician on this site

I did some checking with my parts guys and it appears this can be done. There are several part numbers for the box and door, presumably based on trim color. Tell the parts guys to check section 050 - Interior Trim 1705 - Instrument Panel and Structure for a picture and part numbers. They should be able to locate any applicable wiring in the electrical section.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is several pages about the upper glove box door & a few other things
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47705
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks guys,

I will go over the part numbers with WeR Mopar on Monday...I tried putting the doors up to the existing dash....the closet match is the med Gray. It's hard to tell the difference until it gets in the sun.

The ST dash, and alot of others I suspect is closer to taupe or beige, but maybe since this was never a factory option, this is as close as I can get.

I'm curious about the above part number

MP-1NM85GTVAA E7/F7 Upper Glove Box Door - 2009-2012 Dodge Ram 1500 & 2010-2012 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 - Beige $ 259.95

and wondering if that is the color I need. I tried to have the guys take it out of the box and look, but no luck so far..which is why I have 3 of them. I may try and hit the local Dodge dealer and see if they have this part on their books.

The strange this about this is that I thought I've seen it done in pictures here or at another ( sorry ) forum .

Anyway...Thanks for the advice so far and I'll keep trying.

Chris
Old 01-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: QC Express
Color: Black
cupcars is on a distinguished road

I've been wanting to change mine also but I can't figure out the color as have others. here's a link to another thread that has a glove box door that looks like my/your dash color. I sure would like to know what you end up with, keep us posted!!

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=113059
Old 01-13-2013, 02:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Hey cupcars....thanks for the post...and yes, that's the one. I'm off to message him and see what I can learn.

I appreciate the link.

Chris
Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

The upper glove box door color, is not necessarily the same as the lower one, it is suppose to match the top of your dash board
Old 01-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Reg Cab Express
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:29
Techno Tim is on a distinguished road

I believe that ALL 2012 Express models have the same interior color scheme: Medium Graystone visors, A-pillar covers, dash and bin (or upper GB door) over Dark Slate lower dash, steering wheel and doors. The HVAC trim/bezels are a gray that falls somewhere between the other two. The part number you have listed above (1NM00BD3AA) is the correct number for the Express (that's what I got and it matches the dash perfectly).

Having said that, in ALL the pictures I have seen, the Graystone APPEARS beige but is, in fact, a distinctly gray color. If your door is so close in shade that you need to take it into the sun to tell it's different, I'm going to say that you likely have the correct part. If it was beige or dark gray, it would be immediately obvious that it does not match the dash... Now if the color does not match exactly, that's a whole 'nother thread and comes down to how close it has to be that you can live with it.

I also believe that the other numbers (more expensive versions GT yankee listed above) have a "Laramie" or "Limited" or somesuch badge in the lower right corner.

Again, HTH and good luck getting it sorted.