DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking for a CAI and Duel cat-back exhaust

Hey everyone, I have a 08 ram sxt 4x4 with the 5.7L hemi in it. The truck is still bone stock and I am looking to do some slight modifications to it. The items I am most interested in doing is installing a Cold Air Intake and a duel cat-back exhaust.

I was wondering what would be the best/ affordable CAI for my truck, which could add some slight hp, better mpg and/or sound.

Also I wanted to know what would be the best sounding Duel cat-back exhaust that I could get, personally I want to make the truck sound nice and loud like the 5.7 should, because it sounds way to quiet currently.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Also, if anyone has any advice about chipping the truck, please feel free to share about recommended chips.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

I have a cat back Maggie and the Volant cai on my truck and love it. My one beef is the fit off the Volant is very crappy. In hindsight I wish I had waited the varraram. For a tuner you can't go. Wrong with diablo!
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Rep:10
Userj8670 is on a distinguished road

I have an 08 Big horn and just recently put on a K&N and i love it. When you mash your foot to the floor the truck sounds PISSED! The best intake is called a BFI but sadly they dont make them anymore and those that have them will not sell them - totally understandable. Alot of people on here run magnaflow mufflers. I spent probably 6 months listening to different mufflers and tones and decided a flowmaster super 44 is what works for me. The magnaflow is great but i like noise and drone and others dont. I magnaflow y-pipe and a 180 degree thermostat and a diablo tuner is the way to go - or so I have been told. Good luck!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Userj.. Did you get your flowmasters online or from a store?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Color: Electric Blue Pearlcoat
Rep:10
Userj8670 is on a distinguished road

I got them from ebay actually. I had an ebay gift card so it only made sense. All said and done I paid $30 or em. Be sure to get the stainless mufflers not the aluminized ones. I know magnaflow gives you more performance but im not looking for gobs of power - at the end of the day its a pickup - not a drag car lol. The magnaflow was not loud enough and the flowmaster super 40's made it sound to much like a muscle car which it isnt. The super 44's had the right sound for the look of a pickup so i got em. Love them and wouldnt go back. If your shopping online by all means take a good day or so with google and amazon.com and shop around. You would be suprised how much you can save.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
Rep:12
pwrman is on a distinguished road

JMO but put a high flow filter in the stock intake, the MDS likes that big plenum. My intake messes with my throttle response so I am going back stock. As for exhaust I like the Gibson extreme duals. Exit by the tire instead of out the back, sound good and I got a smoking deal on a stainless cat back kit by surfing Nextag. You put in your target price and they email you when someone gets close. I only paid 400 shipped. Install was a snap, getting the old one off, now that was a pita. Not going to tune it, runs fine and MPG is great.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Black
Rep:15
acs0424 is on a distinguished road

I just put a K&N Cold Air Intake on my 07 Hemi Big Horn. At WOT the thing sounds godly. Haven't noticed much performance gains but a slight increase in MPG is there. Frankly it was worth the $220 for the sound alone.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

I know a few people with the k&n's in their trucks and they do seem to enjoy them, I am just wondering if there is any better options for a CAI.
And Userj, would this be a similar exhaust set up to yours.. and anyone know if that is over-priced or not.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/05-08-Dodge-R...#ht_1737wt_700
Old 01-09-2013, 03:11 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC 6spd
Trim Level: SRT10 RC
Color: Brilliant black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:145
05ram will become famous soon enough05ram will become famous soon enough

S&B for the CAI, exhaust MBRP or Magnaflow, tuner Superchips SC3865 with trans tuning option. Later on shorty headers and throttle body, then efan and underdrive pully......
2004 SRT10 RC in black, with 500+HP, B&G Stage2 PCM, K&N drop in, JMB Catless mids, JTSVP Gen1 shifter, all synthetic fluids, lots of underhood billet with a Snakeskin radiator cover from JTSHydro, LED tails, BedRug, colormatched tonneau!!!!!!!!