DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Media Zone > Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos

Notices

Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos Post pictures of your Dodge Ram here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express Package
Color: Mineral Gray Matalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:320
JimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Hemi Pride - I know every job has it's good points and bad. I think your co-workers are just plain flat out chicken to drive the new Ram. I know trucks like that can be a pain in parking lots, but I would think the owners of the RV dealership would hate to see money just sitting around wasting away.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2778
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsRamTruck2012 View Post
Canadian Hemi Pride - I know every job has it's good points and bad. I think your co-workers are just plain flat out chicken to drive the new Ram. I know trucks like that can be a pain in parking lots, but I would think the owners of the RV dealership would hate to see money just sitting around wasting away.
Well my dad is the controller . He doesnt mind it right now as the truck isnt really needed yet for a few more weeks and our other trucks are both long boxes. We are still waiting on the 5" fifth wheel rails to come in because they are on backorder. We also have to get another alloy adjustable drop hitch but a 2.5" instead of 2" for the bigger hitch. Or we may just use the sleeve, but still need to grab another adjustable. We are just taking our time getting it all ready for the season. Just had the ford in the shop getting maintenance done after a rough winter of plowing. The hemi is in the shop now getting all its stuff fixed up for renewal of its commecial vehicle sticker. Are stuck waiting on a rear door handle latch. So its been there for 5 days for a latch lol. The 2014 so far has had 6" runnin boards added, hood bug guard, bed line-x'd and a fifth wheel hitch put on. The stock tailgate is now wrapped in bubble wrap and stored in the tech washroom lmao.
Tow mirrors up for all the haters
Old 04-07-2014, 09:40 AM

JimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
Well my dad is the controller . He doesnt mind it right now as the truck isnt really needed yet for a few more weeks and our other trucks are both long boxes. We are still waiting on the 5" fifth wheel rails to come in because they are on backorder. We also have to get another alloy adjustable drop hitch but a 2.5" instead of 2" for the bigger hitch. Or we may just use the sleeve, but still need to grab another adjustable. We are just taking our time getting it all ready for the season. Just had the ford in the shop getting maintenance done after a rough winter of plowing. The hemi is in the shop now getting all its stuff fixed up for renewal of its commecial vehicle sticker. Are stuck waiting on a rear door handle latch. So its been there for 5 days for a latch lol. The 2014 so far has had 6" runnin boards added, hood bug guard, bed line-x'd and a fifth wheel hitch put on. The stock tailgate is now wrapped in bubble wrap and stored in the tech washroom lmao.
Your dad and I do the same work. Different companies of course.

Oh Man! You guys have an F truck. On that!

Do you need a CDL to drive one of those trucks? I'm just wondering.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Stickers add Horsepower

Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your dad and I do the same work. Different companies of course.

Oh Man! You guys have an F truck. On that!

Do you need a CDL to drive one of those trucks? I'm just wondering.
No we dont need a CDL. I don't think you need a CDL until the vehicle is over a certain size. The vehicles needs the Commercial vehicle permits though.
The F350 is there because Ford sells their trucks dirt cheap to try and keep their "top selling truck" BS award. My dad is a GM man, and Ford was a swear word in my household growing up

And bad news with the Cummins, it has already got a boo boo. The 2 trucks were parked close together to protect them from getting hit by a forklift or anything. The service manager goes to take the Ford out, and never noticed the dodge mirror, both trucks mirrors collided together. The Cummins tow mirrors has part of the black plastic crack.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2013 2500 CTD Laramie Mega 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black Gold Pearlcoat
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:14
katokahn99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I would love a stick shift cummins. Wierd how they make less power and torque then both auto trannies though.
That's just because clutch technology hasn't caught up with the power making technology.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1969
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokahn99 View Post
That's just because clutch technology hasn't caught up with the power making technology.
Well technically that isn't true... it's because Ram doesn't want to fork out the cash for a good clutch. Swapping a good Suncoast dual disk clutch in and it will handle the power no problem.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:481
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokahn99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Well technically that isn't true... it's because Ram doesn't want to fork out the cash for a good clutch. Swapping a good Suncoast dual disk clutch in and it will handle the power no problem.
There probably isn't enough demand to justify investing the extra cost in developing, adapting, or acquiring a better manual trans for the Ram. Hell, apparently there's only enough demand for 1 truck manufacturer to offer a standard, and even then there's only one engine option and you can only get it on the HDs. So, since its availability is so limited then it appears as though there is even less demand for manual transmissions which means that Ram is going to be less likely to want to invest money in them. Coupled with the fact that those who get the manual get reduced power creates a sort of catch 22 by lowering demand for manuals beyond what it would be if the trucks had equal availability and the same power regardless of the transmission.

The technology exists, they could even get a heavy equipment manufacturer (like they did with the Aisin auto) to make a manual transmission for the Cummins that lets you have the full 850lb-ft. Or develop it themselves. Either way I think they lack the incentive to do it

I think its kind of weird that they don't offer a manual trans for the HD gas engines, because you'd think people would want one in the Power Wagon similar to how hardcore Jeep guys like manuals for offroading. Then there'd be no reason it couldn't be put in the other HD gassers.

Just my thoughts.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
No we dont need a CDL. I don't think you need a CDL until the vehicle is over a certain size. The vehicles needs the Commercial vehicle permits though.
The F350 is there because Ford sells their trucks dirt cheap to try and keep their "top selling truck" BS award. My dad is a GM man, and Ford was a swear word in my household growing up

And bad news with the Cummins, it has already got a boo boo. The 2 trucks were parked close together to protect them from getting hit by a forklift or anything. The service manager goes to take the Ford out, and never noticed the dodge mirror, both trucks mirrors collided together. The Cummins tow mirrors has part of the black plastic crack.
That's what I know and I think it varies from state to state.

Oh man! And hardly anyone drove the Ram. Sorry to hear about that. Mirrors brand new vary in price pending upon what features the mirror has.

From what I have seen mirrors can run from $170.00 to just over $300.00.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Stickers add Horsepower

Quote:
That's what I know and I think it varies from state to state.

Oh man! And hardly anyone drove the Ram. Sorry to hear about that. Mirrors brand new vary in price pending upon what features the mirror has.

From what I have seen mirrors can run from $170.00 to just over $300.00.
Well it's a tow mirror so it's quite a bit more, but it doesn't need to be replaced, just has a crack on the plastic. It hit 1000KM today
Old 04-09-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Well it's a tow mirror so it's quite a bit more, but it doesn't need to be replaced, just has a crack on the plastic. It hit 1000KM today
Oh okay. Can the crack be filled so it doesn't allow any moister or dirt to get on the electrical?