DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-04-2013, 05:15 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

How much would it cost to have my tires flipped or turned where the white lettering would then be mostly hidden on the underside of the truck?

Are there any issues that would keep someone from doing this? Like tire wear or something?
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Currently waiting on my return home is the following:
#845 wax
Microfiber towel
Bosch EV6 Male connectors
Pflege rubber cleaner/sealant
Sprayway interior glass cleaner
Passenger front door cup holder
Mopar wiring harnesses
Glass Scruber for exterior glass
.. and probably some other stuffs.. I can only keep track of so many things.. lol!

So, over the next few weeks, I will have all necessary items to do a complete winter prep of my Ram, inside and out and I will now have every component to get my 2013 Laramie Tails wired up and installed.

This is going to be a good few weeks (as long as the weather takes pity on me and my open car port!).
Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Here's to the weather gawds taking pity on you and your open car port, and the mod gawds giving you their blessing with swift and smooth installs.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Kai, I have just spent I don't know how long looking through your build form the beginning (don't know how I haven't seen it until now), and I have to say AWESOME!!!!

You have done so much, and I am super impressed!

Sooooo.........wanna trade for a bit and you can work on mine?? LOL.....

My two favs are the LED lights at the back, and the LED lights on the step rail.

For me the LED's on the back would be great to solve my crappy backup camera problem at night and not being able to see a foot behind me, and the step rail lights just downright look cool!

I may have a few mods in my near future, and a few questions for you!

I'd give you rep points for sure for your build, but I have to wait a bit as it won't let me!

Again, brilliant job!
Old 11-14-2013, 01:52 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
Kai, I have just spent I don't know how long looking through your build form the beginning (don't know how I haven't seen it until now), and I have to say AWESOME!!!!

My two favs are the LED lights at the back, and the LED lights on the step rail.

For me the LED's on the back would be great to solve my crappy backup camera problem at night and not being able to see a foot behind me, and the step rail lights just downright look cool!

I'd give you rep points for sure for your build, but I have to wait a bit as it won't let me!

Again, brilliant job!
Hey, ah, get in line son.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:32 PM

RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post
LOL........Kai has done a great job, I'm surprised that there isn't a line up at her door asking her to do their mods!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:52 PM

Hi Kai,

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but how about this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kai Interior.jpg (81.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Ram Ham

Quote:

Again, brilliant job!
Many thanks! I do love my lights!

I will make a mental note to try to take a picture of my radio face in the cab at night while in reverse to demonstrate just how bright the reverse lights on the Recon Xtreme bar are. They *really* light up my back up camera view!

As for trading... uhmm.. how about this.. if you come to Gatty next June and bring all the necessary tools, I will get down and dirty in the hotel parking lot and help you install both the Recon Xtreme tail gate bar and the Recon Big Rig running board light bars. Easy peasy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRamJet View Post

Didn't know there was a line! But I am more than happy to help in any way I can! I have a deep admiration.. okay, an obsession.. with lights and I would love the chance to spread that love to other Rams in the Z family!

Quote:
LOL........Kai has done a great job, I'm surprised that there isn't a line up at her door asking her to do their mods!
Ha! Again, was unaware of such a line! As for helping with mods.. I will do what I can to help! But I must admit I am only a self-proclaimed expert on the Xtreme tail gate bars since I've installed and removed the blasted things five times now. LOL!

Quote:
Hi Kai,

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but how about this?
Nice job!! That looks great! Thanks for taking the time to do that, truly! I am still hesitant to cover the wood as I don't want to deal with the wood inserts in all four door panels.. it doesn't look very easy to remove or cover. But, I really do appreciate your mock up pic.. helps me visualize the finished product. Decisions, decisions...
Old 11-15-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
Many thanks! I do love my lights!

I will make a mental note to try to take a picture of my radio face in the cab at night while in reverse to demonstrate just how bright the reverse lights on the Recon Xtreme bar are. They *really* light up my back up camera view!

As for trading... uhmm.. how about this.. if you come to Gatty next June and bring all the necessary tools, I will get down and dirty in the hotel parking lot and help you install both the Recon Xtreme tail gate bar and the Recon Big Rig running board light bars. Easy peasy!

Didn't know there was a line! But I am more than happy to help in any way I can! I have a deep admiration.. okay, an obsession.. with lights and I would love the chance to spread that love to other Rams in the Z family!

Ha! Again, was unaware of such a line! As for helping with mods.. I will do what I can to help! But I must admit I am only a self-proclaimed expert on the Xtreme tail gate bars since I've installed and removed the blasted things five times now. LOL!

Nice job!! That looks great! Thanks for taking the time to do that, truly! I am still hesitant to cover the wood as I don't want to deal with the wood inserts in all four door panels.. it doesn't look very easy to remove or cover. But, I really do appreciate your mock up pic.. helps me visualize the finished product. Decisions, decisions...

That would be great if you get the chance to take a picture at night, but no worries if you can't. I am going to the dealership next week and complain about the camera anyhow (though I suspect they won't do a thing), and then I will look for the LED's.

Ummmmm, I don't even know where to begin with this one! OKAY!! LOL.....

No problem. I had time to kill whilst on a conference call, and knowing that I had no interest in what was going on I figured I would play with this for a bit. Not great by any means, but it does the job.

I don't blame you for not wanting to take on the project. To me that's a load of work on a guess. And if you screw it up, it could get quite costly to fix.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Ram Ham

Well, I am home now.. finally. Been a very long twelve days.

Opened all my packages and seems I will be doing nothing but staring at my products this weekend. Old Man Winter has decided to visit lowly little Price, Utah this weekend with a predicted 60% chance of snow starting in a few hours. Ah well. I can only hope we have a temp spike in the next few weeks (usually does happen) so I can get down with this cool wax everyone gleams about.

Quote:
That would be great if you get the chance to take a picture at night, but no worries if you can't. I am going to the dealership next week and complain about the camera anyhow (though I suspect they won't do a thing), and then I will look for the LED's.

Ummmmm, I don't even know where to begin with this one! OKAY!! LOL.....

No problem. I had time to kill whilst on a conference call, and knowing that I had no interest in what was going on I figured I would play with this for a bit. Not great by any means, but it does the job.

I don't blame you for not wanting to take on the project. To me that's a load of work on a guess. And if you screw it up, it could get quite costly to fix.
Will get that pic for you tomorrow night (way too tired now and couldn't stand getting into another vehicle right now, lol).

On the CF, it wouldn't cost me anything beyond the cost of the CF itself. If I screw it up worse case scenario would be the effort of pulling it all off and throwing it away. Not a big issue to fix. Your pic is really helpful.. even has The Hubby raising his brows in interest. I'm still not sure I want to go that route and cover the wood. I do like it. This project/idea started out with just wanting to remove the OMG glare form the A/C vents and center bezels. I *will* be using CF on those pieces but as for the center wood grain..? Meh. Still undecided.