DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Luxury Laramie Edition

90K views 745 replies 57 participants last post by  Arth 
#1 ·
Hello all! Welcome to my build page (well, building page). LOL

My goal with my new rig is to chrome it out to be the best damn looking Laramie in the Basin (live just south of SLC).

This is her window sticker:
Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Mineral Gray Metallic
Dark Slate Gray
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
Floor-Mounted Shift Lever
Heated Second Row Seats

5.7L V8 HEMI (Love this part!!)
6 Speed Automatic

Standard Equipment
Power Adjustable Pedals w/Memory
Security Alarm
Trailer Tow Wiring w/4 pin Connector
7-Pin Harness
HD Engine Cooling
Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
Supplemental Side-Curtain Front & Rear Airbags
TPMS Display
Remote Entry
Electric Shift on Demand Transfer Case
Parkview Back up Camera

Interior
Second-Row In-Floor Storage
AC w/Dual Zone Control
730N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
Alpine Surround w/9 Speakers & Subwoof
Heated Front Seats
10-way Pwr Driver w/Memory & 6-Way Pwr Pass
Front Center Seat Cushion Storage
Memory for Radio, Driver's Seat, Mirrors & Pedals
Heated Steering Wheel (very nice feature! no more gloves!)
Wood Grain Instrument Panel Accent
Deluxe Door Trim Panel
SiriusXM Travel Link/1Yr Sub
SiriusXM Sat Radio/1Yr Sub
Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth
40GB Hard Drive with 20GB Available
Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls (a must have)
Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat (This is NOT true.. they only flip up.. they DO NOT fold down! :4-angermax:)
Power Lumbar Adjust
115V Aux Power Outlet
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Sun Visors w/Illuminated Mirrors
Rear Power Sliding Window

Exterior
20inx9in Aluminum Chrome-Clad Wheels
Dual Rear Exhaust
Lower Two Tone Paint
Bright Grille
Body Color/Chrome Door Handles
Accent Fender Flares
Halogen Quad Headlamps
Fog Lamps
Chrome Exterior Mirrors
Power Multi-Function Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away
Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
P275/60R20 BSW All Season Tires

Optional Equipment (the fun starts here!)
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
Floor-Mounted Auto Shift Lever
Heated Second-Row Seats
Ventilated Front Seats (woo baby.. up the neder regions! :SHOCKED:)
Customer Preferred Package 25H
Protection Group
Tow Hooks
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
Front Suspension Skid Plate
Monotone Paint (had to have this.. trade in was two tone..not a fan anymore)
Body-Color Fender Flares
Front and Rear Rubber/Slush Floor Mats
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Power Chrome Trailer Tow Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away
Power Sunroof
Chrome Tubular Side Steps by Mopar
P275/60R20 OWL All Season Tires
Remote Start System (omg.. the best!)
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Trailer Brake Control

More pictures to come!

Attachments

See less See more
#48 ·
That is something that has confused me. According to Utah Law, I found on the Sheriff's website that 43% of light must make it through the windows. What exactly does that mean as far as tint?

Also, how do I find out what the current tint is on all the windows? (The rear ones are def darker than the front and windshield)

#51 ·
So you should be okay if you match the rears. It's the way it should have come from the factory IMO. Here in Ontario the law is vague. It must be possible for the cops to see that you are wearing your seatbelt. Or something like that. :4-dontknow: I have mine at 20% and have never been pulled over for it.

#52 ·
Yes, the seatbelt topic. Lord how they love to over play that one.
So, since I haven't done anything to the tint at all.. my front windows have no tint right now from the factory and the rear windows are tinted at the factory at 20%?

#56 ·
Reverse! The lower the number the darker :smileup:

Basically....
20% = 20% of the light enters/passes through the tint
40% = similar to above, 40% of the light will pass through.

So basically the lower % you go, the darker the tint is.
You should see what 5% looks like.
Almost seems like you painted your window black :LOL:

#62 ·
Haha im going limo all the way around... except front. I might get 40% on my front

#65 ·
yea... i love limo. pure privacy :sexe:

you getting a short antenna?

#67 ·
Okiedokie! Got the passenger side done today, so now she matches on both sides :D

Some pictures for y'all..

Driver's side done last night, but a much better after pic

The passenger side BEFORE:

With front door done...

And all done!

#70 ·
That looks great! you like that better than the plastic look??

#78 ·
That is definitely a mod! You just added a more personal touch to your truck :smileup: therefore, in my book, thats a mod lol

#80 ·
Thanks guys!
I travel a lot and like to pick up the not so usual souvenirs.. I found this in Germany two months ago and they had a variety of colors to choose from.. had no idea why I was drawn to the silver one (as my Tahoe was green and brown two-toned and it would have looked stupid).. perhaps now I do. LOL It was made for this rig!

#81 ·
Not to sound to cliche... even though this is. but everything happens for a reason ;)

#82 ·
Second Mod! Euro Antenna!

Got it in the mail today! Was excited.. at first.. but after I got it on the truck.. not so much..
It does not sit flush with the antenna mounting on the truck.. (see last pic)
Not so noticeable unless you are up close, but still.. I still know it's like that..
May look into getting a 3" stubby instead..
Anyone have experience/pics of these on their trucks? Interested in learning more about them (especially if they install flush!)

Attachments

#83 ·
Before you go spending more money on another antenna, go to your local home depot and check to see if you can find a rubber grommet or something that could get placed between the antenna and the mount, a small stainless ring or something. Aluminum maybe. you might just get your hands on something that you can put there. The stubby antenna is what I have on my truck, I like it, and its works well in the city and good in the suburbs where there are no tall buildings and your close to the stations antenna's, other than that, don't expect good signal as you go out of town, you will be better off with what you have now if your a radio person and not close to any main cities.

The stubby is more for looks than function.:smileup:

#84 ·
The use of the radio antenna is not much of a concern for me as I listen more to the music loaded to the HD and Sirius (which I have learned has its own antenna mounted on the cab). So, I am open to all options - as long as satellite radio and navigation is not sacrificed.
I am no where near a Home Depot, is this grommet/ring something a local auto parts store may carry?

#86 ·
#90 ·
I'm not gonna lie. I'm not a fan of the pillar tape removal, but I'm convinced it's impossible for a mineral grey ram with chrome trim to look bad. It's such a sharp looking combination.

If you like a clean look, you should consider debadging. I don't have a pic, but lots of us have removed the RAM 1500 and Hemi badges and I pulled the 4X4 off the tailgate. Looks much nicer. Very sharp and clean.

Also, I'm curious. Is your sticker/avatar a family crest? I have visions of custom badges from billet replacing the Ram's head badges...

Yes, I'm stoking your fire:gy:. Sorry. :icon1:

Welcome to the Z.

Reactions: KA1OTE
#91 ·
Well, I'm glad you like the look or I would've had to kill you :gun: LOL
I really like the debadged look, but hubby does not agree at all. He says that we bought the badges along with the truck.. says they are badges of honor, or whatever. I even showed him the pic below that I found.. he still won't budge.. lol.. I suppose he is debudged! LOL I crack myself up.

The sticker I bought in Lunen, Germany in August.. it is the crest of the village. I have visited billet badges and have ideas of some badges with the Rebellion symbol.. as my truck seems to have named herself the Millennium Falcon ;)

Attachments

#94 ·
Handy hubby was able to cut a piece from another piece that came with the Antenna X and create a filler for me :D
Pic to come tomorrow as it is, once again, really dark and really cold outside..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.