DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a great radio & amp

I have not run a amp in about 20 years
one of the drivers from Landstar Inway has one & it sure can transmit!!!
It doesn't hear worth a hoot though, he keeps turning the volume knob down for phone calls & forgets to it back up
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

love it man can't wait to see it mounted.

frees up your general Lee for the ram
Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:415
gotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nice

Yea this shit is gonna look awesome. I got a remote box for the amp since that big box won't fit on the dash
Just got done talking with Allen and he said with that Stryker 655 pushing 100w, I should see damn near 1000w to the air! He has the exact same setup, I misunderstood what he said earlier.
He gets out to Cali on the skip running the exact same setup. But that's with a 34' foot antenna
I'm gonna raise mine up to 14'6" on the truck. Ill have to lower it when I go north though.

Also he's ordering me a Dosey watt/swr/modulation meter. And putting color changing LEDs in the meter and putting LEDs under the knobs

Its gonna look awesome when its all mounted up
Old 04-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it looks like tomorrow is going to be an interesting day

The Oversize Load needs a HIGH POLE in front & Chase truck in back
There is at least one location where the overhead wires are too low, so they also need a Utility Crew to lift the wires

I hope that i get a chance to take pix, if it is not a Military Load, my chances should be good
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-10-2013, 08:49 PM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

that would be cool to see gt, hope you can snag some pics
Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

It was an interesting day, only 3 hours with the load.
The load is only one piece of a power plant, this piece alone cost $10 million
At least 1 bridge was too low for the load to go under, ( the load was 16 feet 10 inches high ),
so we had to get off the highway & take Surface streets to bypass that bridge.
I didn't get any pix while we were on the road & none with the truck hooked up to the trailer

The surface street was fairly wide, maybe even 60' wide in places, but because of the wires that went from the telephone poles to each house at crazy elevation angles, we had to zig zag all the way along the roads, swing to the left now, quick swing to the right, etc

I saw at least one Power Company Bucket rig & several pilot cars, possibly 5 in all, 3 of them were just for directing traffic, i don't how many Red Lights we ran, but there were several

Taking pix of that detour, with all the construction going on, being a city bus route, & police were busting some people in a car, they were on the sidewalk & the cars doors were wide open, the load almost took one door out, MISSED BY THAT MUCH, as Agent Smart used to say.

The only way to get it all would have been with a Video Cam & i don't have one, YET !!
The Trucking Company owner said that he has at least 2 more of those runs to do,
From some Port in Houston, Texas to San Diego, California, then down into BAJA Mexico

I will post the PIX that i do have, a bit later

Last edited by GTyankee; 04-10-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:06 AM

definitely sounds like some good driving to me, that and a wild ride.

so that bit about red lights? why run them?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:415
gotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nicegotbrains230 is just really nice

Why? Who gives a damn. That's what all those flashing lights are for
And the heavier something is, the harder it is to stop
Just like the building I got now, weighs 55k, can't stop on a dime
If it just so happens to turn red RIGHR before I get to it, I'm not slamming on my brakes and sending this building into my truck
I've ran a countless number of red light cameras and never got a ticket. And that's because they know if your heavy and rolling, its usually safer to run the light than to slam on the breaks and cause a major cluster in the middle of a busy intersection
Old 04-11-2013, 08:47 PM

I figured something along those lines
Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

In the first image
notice the Pole on the other Pilot Vehicles front bumper, it is called a High Pole, it is used to see if the load will fit under things like bridges & overhead wires
When it is needed, it is raised to 3 inches or more higher then the highest point of the Load

the PVC pipe is fasten to the top of the load, so that hopefully any Telephone wires will just slide along over the top

Last edited by GTyankee; 04-11-2013 at 09:45 PM.