DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Power Wagon

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I have no extra accessories, however, want to do this mod so bad!!!! lol

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

So bumping this to the top because I just got all the parts for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, all the factory parts that is. I am going to emulate the OPs but will keep mine as a completely separate circuit and harness. Now just to get a weekend off and be able to put this together!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:22 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge PowerWagon
Rep:41
Txhillbilly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlerattle View Post
So bumping this to the top because I just got all the parts for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, all the factory parts that is. I am going to emulate the OPs but will keep mine as a completely separate circuit and harness. Now just to get a weekend off and be able to put this together!
I'm waiting to see it done on your truck also.
Let me know if you need help with the wiring diagrams.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
I'm waiting to see it done on your truck also.
Let me know if you need help with the wiring diagrams.

I will definitely take any pointers or diagrams you already have.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Rep:10
cbiels is on a distinguished road
Default harness specs

I was about to do this mod myself and was looking to see if anyone already had. Would you mind sharing the harness setup with me? You'll probably save me a headache. Thank you
Old 08-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbiels View Post
I was about to do this mod myself and was looking to see if anyone already had. Would you mind sharing the harness setup with me? You'll probably save me a headache. Thank you

Work is pretty busy with me right now. Once I have time to sit down and wire everything up I will detail it all. I know the OP has some diagrams and photos he can share as well.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:24 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge PowerWagon
Rep:41
Txhillbilly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlerattle View Post
I will definitely take any pointers or diagrams you already have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbiels View Post
OK guys,Here's a couple wiring diagrams for the Aux switch set up.
This first one is for the switch panel wiring.

If you look at the back of the Aux switch panel where the plug goes in,you will see on the right side there is a blank gap between the top pin and the second pin. Leave the hole in the wiring plug empty for this one.

The top left (1) and top right (7) are your 12v hot input wires. I just tied into the positive side of the drivers side 12v accessory plug on the dash panel for this connection.It's only hot when the ignition is on,so your switches only work when the ignition is on.
(2) is the ground wire,there is a grounding point behind the dash panel on the glove box side of the dash to wire the ground to.
Wires 3-6 are your output wires that go to the relays,and will be hooked up to the 85 side of the relay.

There's plenty of room behind the dash for all of the relays,and I just taped all of them together,and wired them up together.

Here's how to wire up the relays-

The Aux switch outputs go to the 85 side of the relay.
The Positive wire for your lights,etc. go on the 87 side of the relay.
The hot wire from the battery will go to the 86 side of the relay,and then make a jumper to the 30 side of the relay,and continue doing this for all of the relays and you will only have one wire coming from the battery.

I made a complete wiring harness with 5 different colored wires first,and noted what each color wire was for (switch 1-2-3-4,and battery).
There's a plastic block off plate on the firewall where the clutch pedal would go if it was a manual tranny.If you take that plate off,you can drill a hole in it to run your wiring harness through,and just seal it with some silicon when you get it all installed.
Wire the positive side of your lights to the switch harness,and I just ran the ground from the lights to the negative post of the battery.

Good luck,it's pretty simple to do this. If I can do it,anyone can!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Alrighty, so my switch panel is in. I got lucky I guess, on the back of the RAM insert was a blank socket with a three wire harness running to it (heated seat harness maybe?). It had two hot 12v and a ground, the plug fit excactly the switch pannel but the leads were in the wrong pin holes. I used the two hots for my two 12v sources and used the harness ground on the passenger side. I then built a 10' harness and ran out the blockoff for the clutch pedal and ran along the inside of the fender with the factory harness to the TIPM module. Right now the harness is terminated there. I am deciding on wether or not to build my own 4 relay block or just buy an sPod and use that.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Firsttruck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
OK guys,Here's a couple wiring diagrams for the Aux switch set up.
This first one is for the switch panel wiring.

If you look at the back of the Aux switch panel where the plug goes in,you will see on the right side there is a blank gap between the top pin and the second pin. Leave the hole in the wiring plug empty for this one.

The top left (1) and top right (7) are your 12v hot input wires. I just tied into the positive side of the drivers side 12v accessory plug on the dash panel for this connection.It's only hot when the ignition is on,so your switches only work when the ignition is on.
(2) is the ground wire,there is a grounding point behind the dash panel on the glove box side of the dash to wire the ground to.
Wires 3-6 are your output wires that go to the relays,and will be hooked up to the 85 side of the relay.

There's plenty of room behind the dash for all of the relays,and I just taped all of them together,and wired them up together.

Here's how to wire up the relays-

The Aux switch outputs go to the 85 side of the relay.
The Positive wire for your lights,etc. go on the 87 side of the relay.
The hot wire from the battery will go to the 86 side of the relay,and then make a jumper to the 30 side of the relay,and continue doing this for all of the relays and you will only have one wire coming from the battery.

I made a complete wiring harness with 5 different colored wires first,and noted what each color wire was for (switch 1-2-3-4,and battery).
There's a plastic block off plate on the firewall where the clutch pedal would go if it was a manual tranny.If you take that plate off,you can drill a hole in it to run your wiring harness through,and just seal it with some silicon when you get it all installed.
Wire the positive side of your lights to the switch harness,and I just ran the ground from the lights to the negative post of the battery.

Good luck,it's pretty simple to do this. If I can do it,anyone can!
Thanks man you have no idea how much this helps with my install
Old 05-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 2500 PW SLT
Color: Flame Red two tone
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
adeluca73 is on a distinguished road
Default 2014 PW aux switch panel quesiton

First, I read through this entire thread, and I have to say, it never ceases to amaze me how creative and enterprising people are with stuff like this.

Second, I ordered a 2014 PW SLT, and during the ordering, had to make a choice between the 9-spkr premium audio system and the aux panel switches. I have no idea why Ram doesn't allow you to choose both of those options, but you can't. It's one or the other (both were about $325 add-ons), and all I can think of is it's either a power managemnet issue, or a space behind the radio head issue. I ordered the 8.4AN radio head and went with the 9-speaker audio option since the audio would be used far more than the upfitter switches, and I figured adding a homemade mod for the aux switches would be easier and more feasible than trying to add the speaker upgrades later. I do want to install aux switches, does anyone know if it is possible to install them, and if so, what is required?

Thanks.