DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

im about to give up on h.i.d's i keep blowing ballast and i have the retro solutions kit
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver/Gray
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:37
Coastiejoe is on a distinguished road

Ive gotten 3 PNP kits from VVME.COM. I havent had any problems with any of them and thats in both projector and open halagon housings
Old 08-04-2012, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
im about to give up on h.i.d's i keep blowing ballast and i have the retro solutions kit
Next time your in Edmonton go over to Buzz Boxliner and pick up a set of Beamers. They fired right up at -40 and I've had zero issues with them since they replaced two of the DDM ballasts. Then again my remaining DDM ballasts are also working without issue?

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:41 AM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
^ you have installed over 40 PNP kits in halogen housings...zip tie ballasts... have a fog HID kit...you just proved to me that you have no idea about lighting or HIDs!!

i personally am an OEM guy...i will spend $80-100 on a set of matsushita ballasts, $50-70 on a set of 85122+ phillips bulbs and make my own 12g wire harness if i would ever do a kit to install in projector housings. i would never install a PNP kit into a halogen housing.

you are correct, after looking more into that kit last night, i realized it didnt come with projectors, so im out. I just got excited because i have read the trouble w/ some HIDs because of the can-bus system or whatever its called (havent done much research yet).

...and dont even get me started on the LEDs...!!

What does installing the plug n play kits into HID housings have to do with knowing HIDs? I have HIDs in my fogs/low/high beams, and i dont see a problem with.

If you want to critisize everything mr freaking high and mighty how do you mount your ballasts? You say YOU would never install HIDs into a projector housing, well welcome to a club called the minority. Most of the people around here have HIDs because our stock lighting sucks. I personally dont have $500 to spend on projector retrofits, and do not believe I have the skills to install them correctly myself. I also do not like the cheaper spyder etc style projectors.

yes I am well aware that HID are SUPPOSED to be put in projector housings, is it mandatory, no, is it technically illegal to have them in hallogen housings, yes. Oh well its a risk im willing to take. Guess what, my exhaust is also illegal, infact, last time i checked the laws, its a federal offense. My stereo is in the same boat too.

You want to do your HID setup like that and spend the big money? Good for you, I chose to do it my way because I would have rather had HIDs everywhere to keep it so that I can see when there is a deer on the side of the road rather than drop 180+ for low beam HIDs and jsut be able to see a little better.

Quite frankly I dont care if my lights are annoying to other drivers. My stereo hits hard enough to shake the cars next to me mirrors loose when I want to, I think thats worse.

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING

Last edited by SS4Luck; 08-06-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
doug713 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
Did you ever figure out why the ballasts kept blowing? I want to get the Kit(s) from retro soultions, BUT if they aren't any better than the rest then I might just say F it... thanks