DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 11' Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:21
VvgrovervV is on a distinguished road
Default New HIGH QUALITY!!!! HID kit for the dodge can-bus system.

just wanted to share this info with everyone out there. here is a HID kit for our tricky can-bus system. This is the only system on the market that uses separate relays for each ballast box. These are some of the best you can get your hands on. They also sell full retro fit parts. Before you buy some Ebay or DDM crap, do some research! I have installed over 10 sets of HIDs and used this company the last two times and i will never go back to any of the others again......
ordering another set as i am writing this to install on a 2013 Hyundai.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=18639

here is a link to there main page, they also have a forum just on HID lights so you can also do some reading through there if you want more resources.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2012, 01:47 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:14
LunchboxL1 is on a distinguished road

Have you installed any in a 2007 Dodge Ram? HAve you had any issues with them after the install?. Thanks for this info. I have been dying to put HID's in my truck but have had so much bad luck in the past with the flickering issue.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PRP Deep Cherry Red
Rep:75
CherryRam will become famous soon enough

Used their stuff before, awesome quality! Never had ballast issues with them either like the cheap brands do.

12' Ram 1500 Sport ~Moe's 87mm Throttle Body~Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust~Diablo Trinity Tuner~Vararam Intake~Custom Retro'd Headlights~And Plenty of Other Mods~
03' Acura RSX-S
07' Suzuki GSXR 750
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Ram
Trim Level: Base
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:11
dezertrunner is on a distinguished road

That kit is nothing new, it's rebranded Sanhua. Also, I've installed over 100 DDM ballasts and bulbs with two failures in 5 years, so I know very well that their products are fairly good. Also, that relay harness is garbage. It has a pair of relays on it in a crappily potted enclosure. Furthermore, using relays to switch relays is completely pointless.

Buyer beware, stay away.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: '12 RAM 1500 Crewcab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:10
yosh2000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertrunner View Post
That kit is nothing new, it's rebranded Sanhua. Also, I've installed over 100 DDM ballasts and bulbs with two failures in 5 years, so I know very well that their products are fairly good. Also, that relay harness is garbage. It has a pair of relays on it in a crappily potted enclosure. Furthermore, using relays to switch relays is completely pointless.

Buyer beware, stay away.
hhmmmm...work for DDM much?! I have read horror story after horror story of DDMs customer service and quality issues on many different forums. Guys carry around extra ballasts in their trucks "just incase"...doesnt sound like a solid product to me! Im sure DDMs are rebranded as well...whats your point with that?!

I personally have been very happy with all my purchases at TRS. I have done over a handful of retros using their FX-R projectors on 05+ tacomas and everyone one of my customers have loved them. i'll have to check out this kit, as i have a work truck, so no retros for me (and its killing me!!), but something that is PNP i might be able to pull off!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:37 AM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
hhmmmm...work for DDM much?! I have read horror story after horror story of DDMs customer service and quality issues on many different forums. Guys carry around extra ballasts in their trucks "just incase"...doesnt sound like a solid product to me! Im sure DDMs are rebranded as well...whats your point with that?!

I personally have been very happy with all my purchases at TRS. I have done over a handful of retros using their FX-R projectors on 05+ tacomas and everyone one of my customers have loved them. i'll have to check out this kit, as i have a work truck, so no retros for me (and its killing me!!), but something that is PNP i might be able to pull off!
I have put 8 different DDM kits on my truck, 2 on my dads 3rd gen and helped at least 30 people from forum members to friends to friends parents that needed better light with DDM kits. Have had one failure and it was because I didnt zip tie the ballast tight enough and it fell off and broke to shit... but thats not a problem on DDMs end just mine. What was cool is when I called them and needed to order another one their warrenty covered it even though it was my fault.

I only have had problems with one flickering, which about 20 minutes of relay harness install and wiring check fixed when we found we didnt have a solid connection on the battery.

HAve fun spending your 200$ on a set of HIDs. I would have $600 into lights if i bought through them... not 80 lol

EDIT: All that kit is is an HID kit with slim ballasts, a relay harness and prewires resistors! Go to DDM, buy your HID kit, get the error eliminators and an relay harness and youll have so close to the same things its stupid... and youll still be able to afford fog lights and some LEDs

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING

Last edited by SS4Luck; 08-02-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

^ you have installed over 40 PNP kits in halogen housings...zip tie ballasts... have a fog HID kit...you just proved to me that you have no idea about lighting or HIDs!!

i personally am an OEM guy...i will spend $80-100 on a set of matsushita ballasts, $50-70 on a set of 85122+ phillips bulbs and make my own 12g wire harness if i would ever do a kit to install in projector housings. i would never install a PNP kit into a halogen housing.

you are correct, after looking more into that kit last night, i realized it didnt come with projectors, so im out. I just got excited because i have read the trouble w/ some HIDs because of the can-bus system or whatever its called (havent done much research yet).

...and dont even get me started on the LEDs...!!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Mega Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:21
AlljackedupRam is on a distinguished road

I have seen mixed reviews on the DDM kits. I want to get a kit.. just dont know what Brand!! So darn many. LOL.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

please dont get a PNP kit, get a package that includes a good projector! TRS's MH1 kit is PNP, but it includes a projector so that you wont scatter light all over, and have nice output.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Ram
Trim Level: Base
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:11
dezertrunner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post

Why do all of your sentences end like this!?