DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all
Default Painted 3rd Brake Light

Pyroboy was kind enough to remind me that I hadn't posted about my painted 3rd Brake light. A little background info for those that don't know, I had my tail lights painted Deep Water Blue to match the truck and they turned out great, but the 3rd Light stuck out like a sore thumb so naturally I had that painted as well. All the work was done by Jeremy at the Retro Shop, after he did my headlights I trusted him to do the others. The light output for a DWB tails is very bad in the afternoon but at night they look great in all honesty. Jeremy from the Retro Shop did his own afterwards in Mineral Grey and the light output is still really good in the daytime. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Now enough talking, here's some pics!!

Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2012, 11:20 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Intense Blue Pearl
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:37
Pyroboy5000 is on a distinguished road

that looks awesome! i like how they turned out. i would never do this to mine though cause i like light output, but it looks great.

btw youre welcome
Old 11-17-2013, 07:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:584
yamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to all

I know this is a really old thread, but those lights look awesome. Is that just regular paint put on over your taillights and third light. I also have the same great coloured truck and really like the look of this and am considering doing something similar.

Kick the tires and light the fires!!!
14" Magnaflow, Extang Tonneau cover, Vararam CAI, Line X bed liner,Vent visors, Shorty antenna,fuel door cover, Tinted tail and 3rd brake light, rally stripes, LEDs inside and out.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:45 PM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Thanks bud! Definitely an old thread and threw me off when I saw it lol It's regular body paint sprayed over both with about 3 layers, then cleared. I have them mainly for shows and use the regular tail lights for daily driving after I got 2 tickets lol I'm planning on doing another set a little differently down the road though.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

You could get the spyder lights like I have and spray the black dwb. The leds would still show up and be legal!

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 11-20-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparornocar72 View Post
You could get the spyder lights like I have and spray the black dwb. The leds would still show up and be legal!
That was actually my plan lol I want to crack open a set and paint the inside of them DWB. I know it'll look almost black gom a distance like my headlight do, but when the sun hits them they'll look just right.