DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 8.0 Liter V10


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 8.0 Liter V10 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 07-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Swaggerville Ram's Avatar
Swaggerville Ram Swaggerville Ram is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 772
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep Power: 4
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
swaggerville,
you can book read all you want and so can hemi lonestar but it can never take the place of BEING THERE.
Being where? Because you were physically alive means you're a default expert on something? Have you ever actually had your hands on one? I have.
How about you, you know nothing about the modern hemi that's for sure. By your logic since youre alive while they are being produced you should be an expert. Theres a lot more to my knowledge than book reading, So who is more ignorant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
you see, to you, a phony hood scoop on a dodge ram looks great. to me... i'm from the era of REAL HOOD SCOOPS.
So you're an expert now on if and what type of hoodscoops I like?
Nice try but your overstepping your psychic ability

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
knowledge SOMETIMES comes from the experience in living in an era which you can only read about.
Sometimes is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
lonestar is 38. that means his memory basically starts from 1980 when he was 6. that means he missed the memory of the era, as did you. thats just reality man. i missed the awesome hot rods of the 50's. wish i could have been there. i wasn't. i can read about it all i want. but...... its not the same.

You can look at all the pics you want,B but I saw it. I remember when i was 12 years old and seeing 2 superbirds for sale for 5,000 dollars as a package on a used car lot on sunrise hwy, nassau new york.
i remember seeing the hemis at raceway park , n.j. and the new york auto show, just parked out there like a regular car.
i remember how id look into the six pack hood scoops with awe. guess what. they weren't sealed.
you don't. you can't. that's the difference.
You're right I can't remember a car in new York or new jersey for sale, because of that I know nothing, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
now, maybe you don't want to peel off any adhesive, but its you with the ridiculous rant when you are silent about the 426 gen 3 engine that is now avail from mopar with 540 hp that IS NOT IN OUR RAMS.
i never said bring back the orig 426 from top to bottom. but.... bring back the 426 with modern technology. which has been done. so why is it sitting on a shelf ?
I'm silent about a 540hp engine in our rams for a reason. It serves no purpose for me and 99% of the other truck owners. The 6.4 (392) is already in the srt 8 cars, makes lots of power. I think it's where it belongs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
i don't demand respect but when hemifever calls v10 rams old and plain cause they are old which also means your hemis are old too from early 2003, etc. i put him in his place.
You do demand respect. You have yet to show any respect to anyone on here
The v10's have not been produced in almost 10 years, and have seen zero in the way of innovation since they came out 10 years earlier than that. They are old by industry standards especially from an electrical standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
i never said a word to anyone here.
then... lonestar and his crony refer to me a tempermental faggot and you with your insults too.
i don't demand anything but expect to be treated with the same respect i have given all you guys.
i never said the hemi was bogus to any of you. i said it to hemifever. then you guys nailed me. am i supposed to be a tempermental faggot, lay down and get beat up ? i don't think so.
Well You are temperamental clearly since you got all bent out of shape about the v10 being old. As to what others said to you, that has nothing to do with me. As to what I said. Well it's true. The way you come across to others is what's causing your forum related problems. At least what I've seen. Maybe it's a problem of the keyboard persona as I like to call it, people don't always type the way they talk, and with no way of knowing expressions things can be misconstrued.


Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
did i go to your hemi forum and say the hemi was bogus ? no. sorry if what i said to hemifever offended anyone in respect to your hemis.
No you came HERE and said it, and the v10 were bogus

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
however, at least i was 100% correct that hemifever does not do the kind of tune you guys deserve. he does not take the time to get to know your exact vehicle and what conditions it is to be driven. i tried to bring this to everyones attention. maybe that could have been appreciated or respected.
You are not correct about hemifever. If you bothered to read( I know it's not your thing to read) posts you would see how wrong you are. Gives a tune, the logs data and adjusts to the data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
regarding this whole matter, when my intent was to help you guys, being insulted by an american veteran here, as is my own father was totally uncalled for and improper. im not a punching bag so if you have a problem with how i treated you or anyone else, remember how i was treated first.
kindly,
robert
You are a punching bag, the shit you say invites confrontation.
You assume you know people, and you know more than them
You know nothing about me, or about what I know. You assume you are the only one to have laid your hands on a 426 hemi ( if you even have)
Being that I spend 5 years working pits in a truck/tractor pulling league I without a doubt have seen and done a lot more with the hemis, KB stuff, both hemi and wedge stuff, Brodix mopar stuff than you will ever see.
You have yet to type anything that shows you have any knowledge about the gen 2 hemi and their cars you couldn't learn at the coffee shop.
You're old, big whoop. I supervise old timers like you, they are only experienced at finding ways to avoid work. Very seldom do I learn anything of value from them, just like how I feel in this thread. (hey if you can pass judgement so can I)
__________________


"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"

Last edited by Swaggerville Ram; 07-28-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #22  
Old 07-29-2012, 08:20 AM
HemiLonestar's Avatar
HemiLonestar HemiLonestar is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MD
Age: 41
Posts: 2,070
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 6
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
while i said i would never post again here at least i am a man that if i am wrong, i admit it lonestar, unlike you.
you went back to the 1950's. my knowledge goes back to the 60's. on. you got me. apparently according to my quick research on the 345 that you are indeed correct.
however though, you never had anything to say about the tuning issue because i am definitely correct there and you aren't man enough to admit it. prove me wrong that hemifever is NOT a tuna can tuner.
you make excuses for him cause you apparently got scammed and can't live with yourself to admist it.
anyone can go to a sct online training school and learn how to boost timing and fuel. it takes a true tuner to find out exactly what your vehicle has, its condition and the driving conditions and do it right.
rather than insult me, which you and everyone else did while i was just trying to help you guys, why don't you just admit you and everyone else were a dik to me for no reason right from the getgo when i was just trying to help you guys out to find a tuner that gives you honest work for your honest dollar.
from what you said about the hemi, i retract my statement that it is bogus but to me the 5.7 is the gm engine cause i know little about cars from the 1950s and before. i was born in the 60's.
I don't have to admit I was wrong, because I know how he works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
that said, the fact still remains that hemi and 426 are one. the whole hemi legacy was built off the 426 and quite possibly the keith black engines as well which have awesome drag race legacy.
for chrysler to come back with the whole hemi thing and put it on an engine from the 1950's is WRONG. How many people know what you know sir ? most people got suckered in because they saw hemi and heard that was a great engine. well, that's bullshit. its wrong.. for chrysler to put the same hemi badge on the magnum as the orig charger..... for chrysler to come out with a stupid daytona ram with a 3 foot spoiler..... for chrysler to come out with a superbee ram is simply pathetic or bogus in my opinion. now... considering what you said in your post, ill back off a bit and give your statements credit where properly due, due to your knowledge of the 1950's where admittedly was before my time. BUT.... the rest of what i say is NOT before my time and i know of what i speak. a four door charger ? a ram with a daytona wing ? a 345 cid engine from the 1950's ? okay sir. maybe it isn't bogus but it sure does suck in my book and i would never be caught driving one just like you wouldn't see me driving the first year pontiac reincarnation gto with single exhaust, no ram air and it was made in australia to boot. what was gm thinking ?!
give me a 426 hemi ram and id be proud. any other hemi is marketing hype to scam younger biuyers into the showroom and puts the legacy of the real hemi badge to shame.
i know i know, now you're prob going to drop the smog bs on me and how chry just cant build a 426 to pass smogg. well, if they are doing it with the 392, do u really think they can't with a 426 ?
anyway, if you want respect, you have to give respect and for an older guy to make reference to me as a tempermental faggot along with his crony friend on this board when i have never met you or spoken to you before in my life just shows the kind of person you are, your friend is and the moderator and members of this board. i thought this was some type of club, not a prison gang community board.
now, with that said....... now im leaving.
Doesn't matter if you LIVED in an era to know tings about certain engines and/or cars. I was lucky enough to live in a Mopar family, and I have pretty much had my hands on (yeah, since my memory started at 6, glad you can read an age number, bozo badge for you) damn near every Chrysler engine made since the 1950's. This includes slant 6's, poly 318's, LA 318, 340's, 360's, 361, 383, 400, 413, 440, 426 hemi, 354 and 392 hemi. All of these vehciles were older than me except for a few and a few of them were mine. The 426 started out as a wedge engine before they took the 50's hemi head and adapted it to the block. This was done for NASCAR. Shortly after it was found to be a damn good drag engine as well.

You don't seem to grasp the concept that engines from 40 years ago just aren't as viable and efficient for vehicles in today's environment. Yes, they can get a 392 to pass emissions. That 392 is based on the 5.7 design (not GM). The 6.1 'bogus' hemi stock makes more power than the 426 did stock. That's a 370 that makes 425 net hp, whereas the 426 stock was gross rated at 425 and was probably closer to 450-460 (which is about 400-420 net).

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
"Lol Robert, if you're as old as you claim you sure don't act like it. You're on a board of people many of which are hardcore mopar people. To come here talking trash about them will not be tolerated."

well, then explain to me how when i tried to help you guys out by giving my opinion on hemifever, i was referred to as a tempermental faggot by two members and everyone else said nothing. so much for non tolerance about talking trash. if you want respect you have to give it sir. hemifever called all v10s OLD. i guess its okay for him to insult you guys, cause you're afraid to say anything against him in case you want a tune, right ? maybe you guys should realize that since the v10 was avail right up to 2002-2003 and then the hemi came in, he is calling the hemis old too. but...... that's just fine with you guys cause you don't have the guts to pick a fight with the "big guy" do you ? ALL OUR TRUCKS OLD ? IM SURE THERE ARE A LOT OF GUYS WHO HAVE A HECK OF A LOT OF NEW PARTS IN THEIR TRUCKS LIKE I DO. THERE ISN'T ONE SENSOR OR ACCESSORY SUCH AS WATER PUMP, AC COMPRESSOR, ETC. ON MY TRUCK THAT ISN'T BRAND NEW.


Who cares if the modern hemi is not a "true hemi" according to you. I didn't buy my truck because of the hemi badge.

you miss the whole point. coming from a 32 year old who missed the whole era, FIGURES.

Nissan. No local dealers to me at the time so that's an automatic no go. 3 hours drive to the dealer is out of the question.

yep. 3 hour drive to make a 30 k investment is not wise in your book. would anyone agree ?

you are missing the point, sir. the fact is and still remains that you obviously keep that hemi badge on there, don't you !? in fact it does matter to you. you LIKE that hemi image don't you ? comon guys. take off that badge. know what ? you won't. you want to live the lie. you want to live the hemi rep built by 426 and keith black.

AS FAR AS THE 5.7 ENGINE BEING A MOPAR ENGINE, I'LL GIVE THAT TO HEMI LONESTAR ON A TECHNICALITY. HOWEVER, TRY GOING TO ROCKAUTO.COM OR EVEN AUTOZONE.COM... !!!! THE 5.7 ENGINE IS THE 350 GM ENGINE AS BOTH WEBSITES SAY AND HAS BEEN FROM 1970-1996. HOW MANY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE MOPAR ENGINE OF THE 1950'S ! THE NEXT THING IM GOING TO HEAR IS THE 5.7 IS A MERCEDES ENGINE FROM 1922 ! LOOK. THE 5.7 ENGINE FROM MOPAR IS LIKE TAKING OUT A DUSTY OLD BOOK FROM A ATTIC AND SAYING, LOOK, ITS MINE !!!! WELL, I DON'T THINK SO. NOW, IF SOMEONE CAN SHOW ME THAT THE 5.7 WAS AROUND FOR 20 YEARS, THEN ILL CHANGE MY OPINION ON IT. HOWEVER, ASK ANY GUY WALKING AND THE 5.0 IS THE FORD, THE 5.7 IS THE GM, THE 460 IS THE FORD, THE 426, 440, 340 IS THE MOPAR.
INSTEAD OF FAULT ME, WHY DIDNT YOU GUYS DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND NOT BUY THE TRUCK AND WRITE TO MOPAR. ALL THE MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD... WHY DON'T YOU DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND DO IT RIGHT NOW AND DEMAND THE 426 IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE THE HEMI BADGE.
THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, THE HEMI BADGE SUCKS THE LEGACY OF THE 426 AND DIMINISHES IT. MAYBE IT DOESN'T MATTER TO A 32 YEAR OLD BUT IM CERTAIN IT MATTERS TO A 52 YEAR OLD.
TO MAKE A DAYTONA RAM A RUMBLE BEE RAM A 4 DOOR CHARGER IS ALL PATHETIC AND INSULTING TO THE HERITAGE OF MOPAR. a daytona ram ?! this is sickening ? that's what you get when you got guys working that are 35 years old and below. they simply dont remember.

RATHER THAN YOU GUYS FIGHT WITH ME FOR FUN, WHY DON'T YOU GET TOUGH AND DEMAND THAT MOPAR FINALLY DROP THE 426 HEMI GEN 3 ENGINE INTO THE RAMS ALREADY ? WHY DO YOU ACCEPT mediocrity FROM HEMIFEVER AND MOPAR ? WHY DO RAM GUYS HAVE TO BE SECOND RATE?!?!!?

IF MOPAR CAN HAVE AVAIL A RETROFIT KIT TO PUT A HEMI INTO A JEEP NOW, WHY NOT A 426 HEMI GEN 3 WITH COMPUTER ( IT DOESN'T COME WITH COMPUTER AS OF 6 MONTHS AGO WHEN I CHECKED. IT'S NOT A COMPLETE PACKAGE).

IF ALL YOU GUYS WOULD HAVE SAID NO TO THIS "HEMI" AND SIMPLY WROTE MOPAR LETTERS, YOU WOULD HAVE TRUCKS WORTH BEING PROUD OF, DESTINED TO BE COLLECTORS AND TRUCKS YOU'D KEEP FOREVER.

INSTEAD AS HEMILONESTAR SAYS, THE 5.7 HEMI WAS BASICALLY ABANDONED BY THE AFTERMARKET.....CHECK HIS COMMENTS ABOUT THE FACTORY AND AFTERMARKET.

I WONDER WHY.

THINK ABOUT IT.

ITS CAUSE ITS JUST ANOTHER ENGINE, DESTINED TO GO INTO THE JUNKPILE JUST LIKE OUR V10'S. WELL, THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT IN MY BOOK.

DO IT RIGHT AND STAY WITH IT. INVEST IN YOUR PRODUCT AND YOUR CUSTOMERS. DON'T ABANDON THEM. THEY ABANDONED US CAUSE WE LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT. WE KEPT SILENT WITH OPINIONS LIKE YOURS SIR WHERE IT DOESN'T MATTER. IF THE 426 WAS PUT INTO OUR TRUCKS, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN INVESTED IN BY EVERYONE PERMANENTLY. THE FACTORY, THE AFTERMARKET, EVERYONE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggerville Ram View Post
Yes you're right I left the hemi badge on. Just like the Eco boost fords still have their badge. Dura max/Allison badges still on GM trucks, cummins badge on the diesel rams. I don't care to go through the work of removing the adhesive afterwards.
As for the numerical denomination, it's just the size. There's only so many different sizes they can pick, especially since the norm is to round to the nearest liter. Toyota also shares the 5.7 badge as well.
Fords new base v8 is a 5.0l and that's no coincidence even though it shares nothing in common with the Windsor version. It's all gamesmanship.
My age has nothing to do with my knowledge, either does yours.

Why would I demand a "real" hemi in your eyes which is actually a 2nd gen hemi, being that it evolved from the actual "real" Chrysler hemi.
The truth is the current hemi stomps the original. That's no joke. The true hemi has no quench pad area, which makes it detenation prone on our super duper modern pump gas. The dual quench pads and dual plugs make an engine very efficient at making power.

However I do agree in part that a larger cubic inch option would be nice, like a 6.1 or 6.4 in the trucks. If not the 1500 then in the HD trucks. The EPA regulations are killing the diesels. Engines cost twice as much, last half as long and get worse fuel economy.
I think there is room for a larger cubic inch gasser, with some "modern" technology thrown at it like DI or 4 valves. The competitors do offer the larger displacement but still don't use much in the way of new methods. In fact I had my fingers in one of the ford 6.2 heads and they really reminded me of Cleveland stuff in many ways. Maybe they'll start badging it a cleveland lol

You keep coming on here demanding respect, talking about others not earning your respect because why? I'm only 32? I can't possibly know anything? I think I've been more than tolerant with some of the ridiculous rants you put forth. Not all of it is B.S, you do have validity with some of what I think you're trying to say. Yes the auto manufacturers are using marketing ploys to sell their product. Some of it is riding coat tails of previous successes, some of it is making up new nomenclature in the first place. Hemi and Boss are perfect examples of both. They were originally just catchy terms to identify their stuff, and have both been used since.
It is what it is.

I like engines. Engines don't care who's name is on the valve cover, who's idea the style of heads are on it, or what size they are. They have strengths and shortcomings.
I like the v10. It was a big time gamble targeting the smallest (and shrinking) market with such an "outside the box" idea. It spawned fords 6.8 which saw some success, and from GM which developed but did not market it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
swaggerville,
you can book read all you want and so can hemi lonestar but it can never take the place of BEING THERE.
you see, to you, a phony hood scoop on a dodge ram looks great. to me... i'm from the era of REAL HOOD SCOOPS.
knowledge sometimes comes from the experience in living in an era which you can only read about.
lonestar is 38. that means his memory basically starts from 1980 when he was 6. that means he missed the memory of the era, as did you. thats just reality man. i missed the awesome hot rods of the 50's. wish i could have been there. i wasn't. i can read about it all i want. but...... its not the same.

You can look at all the pics you want, but I saw it. I remember when i was 12 years old and seeing 2 superbirds for sale for 5,000 dollars as a package on a used car lot on sunrise hwy, nassau new york.
i remember seeing the hemis at raceway park , n.j. and the new york auto show, just parked out there like a regular car.
i remember how id look into the six pack hood scoops with awe. guess what. they weren't sealed.
you don't. you can't. that's the difference.
now, maybe you don't want to peel off any adhesive, but its you with the ridiculous rant when you are silent about the 426 gen 3 engine that is now avail from mopar with 540 hp that IS NOT IN OUR RAMS.
i never said bring back the orig 426 from top to bottom. but.... bring back the 426 with modern technology. which has been done. so why is it sitting on a shelf ?

i don't demand respect but when hemifever calls v10 rams old and plain cause they are old which also means your hemis are old too from early 2003, etc. i put him in his place.
i never said a word to anyone here.
then... lonestar and his crony refer to me a tempermental faggot and you with your insults too.
i don't demand anything but expect to be treated with the same respect i have given all you guys.
i never said the hemi was bogus to any of you. i said it to hemifever. then you guys nailed me. am i supposed to be a tempermental faggot, lay down and get beat up ? i don't think so.
. did i go to your hemi forum and say the hemi was bogus ? no. sorry if what i said to hemifever offended anyone in respect to your hemis. however, at least i was 100% correct that hemifever does not do the kind of tune you guys deserve. he does not take the time to get to know your exact vehicle and what conditions it is to be driven. i tried to bring this to everyones attention. maybe that could have been appreciated or respected.
regarding this whole matter, when my intent was to help you guys, being insulted by an american veteran here, as is my own father was totally uncalled for and improper. im not a punching bag so if you have a problem with how i treated you or anyone else, remember how i was treated first.
kindly,
robert
You might want to actually reread this thread with your reading glasses ON. Maybe get one of the nurses at whatever asylum or retirement home you're in to read it to you. I said 2003 hemi owners (I can quote it if you wish) got crapped on by factory and aftermarket. This is because of the computer setup. There is a THRIVING aftermarket for the later years and for the cars. I'm also pretty sure nowhere in this thread did I or anyone else call you a "temperamental faggot". Perhaps this is a subconscious thing for you or maybe a Freudian slip. I really don't care about your personal life.

I was actually on watch, deployed underway defending your right to be an ignorant schmuck when I read this. I laughed so hard my watch team wanted to see what I was reading. Those young'ns had some choice terms that I won't share here (some of them having to do with certain feminine hygiene products). I now feel dumber having participated in this thread and am realizing this is time from my life I will never get back.
__________________

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition
Mods list in profile
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Swaggerville Ram's Avatar
Swaggerville Ram Swaggerville Ram is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 772
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep Power: 4
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough
Default

One word comes to mind...........Pwned
__________________


"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-26-2013, 01:04 PM
shortbox81 shortbox81 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Red Deer
Age: 44
Posts: 14
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
shortbox81 is on a distinguished road
Default

well Robert if you were a true mopar guy you would know that Chrysler had the first 350ci back in the fiftys so to say that its a gm motor is not true.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-27-2013, 06:24 AM
HemiLonestar's Avatar
HemiLonestar HemiLonestar is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MD
Age: 41
Posts: 2,070
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 6
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar
Default

Holy thread resurrection Batman!
__________________

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition
Mods list in profile
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-26-2013, 06:30 PM
grandpav10 grandpav10 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boise, Idaho
Age: 25
Posts: 31
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1995 V10 Ram 2500 47rh
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white& silver
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:35
grandpav10 is on a distinguished road
Default

Ok guys, The PCM on my 94/95 OBD1 dodge is still in place. On the dyno before i made any upgrades, i saw 230rwhp, 345ftlbs of torque. By adding JBA headers that fit well, managed to finally find the 52mm Fastman throttle body. and a t4 turbo with 8lbs of boost. (methanol injection). figures went to 653 rwftlbs and 446 hp. I will be installing a cam and 1.7 ratio rockers soon.
No PCM mods are required. Delete the smog pump
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-07-2013, 11:22 PM
06srt10 06srt10 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 50
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10
Trim Level: SRT-10
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:35
06srt10 is on a distinguished road
Default

I've got to come here more often. This is better than As The World Turns. Thought we had some crazy's on the SRT-10 forum. Thanks for the good time.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-08-2013, 12:34 PM
grandpav10 grandpav10 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boise, Idaho
Age: 25
Posts: 31
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1995 V10 Ram 2500 47rh
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white& silver
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:35
grandpav10 is on a distinguished road
Default

i ignore the touchy and little on the crazy side one. and rock on
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-25-2014, 08:01 AM
fluffybunny fluffybunny is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: N TX
Posts: 1
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
fluffybunny is on a distinguished road
Default

I just bought a Ram V10 and have been surfing the net to learn about the motor when I was lucky enough to find this thread. That was pure entertainment. Thank you Robert; you can reply if you're no longer in a straitjacket.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum