DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 8.0 Liter V10

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 8.0 Liter V10 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 98 ram v10 4x4
Trim Level: laramie slt 4x4
Color: silver and black
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
robert malek is on a distinguished road

thank you for taking the time, sofa fast for your reply and advice.
i already have the crossover and hi flow, hooker max flo muffler. my cal. v10 has only one cat. i understand there were probs with the dual setup and the air pump. my v10 has no air pump. i had the cat off, inspected it, cleaned it and do not believe it is a restriction, nor do I believe the 3 inch exhaust after the cat on out is a restriction. i do believe though, that the dual cats may be a prob since dave from ramv10.com had a prob with his...
sorry to hear about the jet stage 2 but then again, you may need ram air, not just cold air to maximize its potential. i dont know. at least you didn't spend much money for it as you would have with hemifever. I recommend you relocate your air temp sensor off the intake to your intake plumbing. simply extend the wires and plug the connector where you want. either to the intake one or the extra one on the intake tubing SINCE THE SCAN TOOL READS ABOUT 50 DEGREES HOTTER THAN IT REALLY IS BECAUSE OF THIS. now... while computer adaptives compensate for rich mixtures, the computer does not take the readings from the o2 sensors at part and full throttle so here you can really benefit from the relocated air temp sensor.
In regards to computer adaptives, the computer is not god. simply adjust the voltage of the sensors and the computer is an idiot. if you were to adjust the air temp sensor voltage without the o2 sensors at idle, the computer will compensate for sure for the rich mixture. adjust the voltage from the o2 sensors as well. not you got something. you got to do the job right to fool the computer or it wont work. so much for the newbie with the gm engined bogus hemi telling me about computer adaptives. he should go back to auto school. at least i graduated from new york automotive school long ago and have been working on cars since the ago of 13.
NOW FOR THE REST OF THE MORONS......

ANYWAY..... NONE OF THIS REALLY MATTERS ANYWAY. I MEAN, ALL YOU NEED IS A HEMIFEVER TUNE AND YOU'RE ALL SET. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE DONE OR HAVEN'T DONE TO YOUR ENGINE. JUST GIVE HEMIFEVER THE BASICS AND THATS ALL HE NEEDS. IT DOESN'T MATTER THE TEMP OF THE AIR OR ALTITUDE WHERE YOU ARE USING YOUR TRUCK, WHAT YOU ARE USING YOUR TRUCK FOR, WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR TRUCK OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. HEMIFEVER HAS THE ANSWER FOR EVERYONE. I RECOMMEND YOU GIVE HIM BETWEEN 300-500 DOLLARS AND HE'LL FIX YOU UP REALLLL GOOD. I MEAN, IF YOU PUT IN A STEP COLDER PLUGS AND ARE RUNNNING IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, ITS THE SAME AS STOCK PLUGS WITH A STOCK THERMO IN 120 DEGREES INDIO, CA. SAME TIMING ADVANCE. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU CHANGED EVERY SENSOR AND ALL ENGINE ACCESSORIES OR REBUILT THE ENGINE. ALL YOUR TRUCKS ARE OLD ACCORDING TO HEMIFEVER. ALSO, ALL YOU GUYS NEED TO DO TO FIGURE OUT IF YOU'RE RUNNING RICH OR LEAN IS TO JUST CHECK THE PLUGS. THIS IS A HIGHLY ACCURATE MANNER TO CHECK SUCH ISSUES THAT WERE IN USE ABOUT 50 YEARS AGO. ITS STILL USED BY THE BEST TUNERS IN THE WORLD TODAY. AEM WIDEBAND FUEL GAUGES MUST BE FOR MORONS RIGHT GUYS ?
THAT'S RIGHT. HEMIFEVER IS YOUR ANSWER. HE IS YOUR GOD. ACTUALLY, THERE IS A BETTER ANSWER. DITCH YOUR TRUCK FOR A 5.7 LITER ( GM ENGINE FOR 27 YEARS THATS A 350 FOR ALL YOU GUYS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO CONVERT LITERS TO CID. WOW. YOU DODGE GUYS LEARNED SOMETHING TODAY. ) HEMI WHICH ISN'T REALLY A HEMI IN THE FIRST PLACE. THAT'S RIGHT A GM ENGINED HEMI BADGED COMPLETE LIE THAT MOPAR FED YOU YOUNG GUYS WHO DONT REMEMBER THE 426 AND YOU WERE SMART ENOUGH TO EAT the mopar marketing LIE. I GUESS YOU GUYS ALSO LOVED THE 4 DOOR CHARGER TOO ( DUH DUH DUH ) AND ARE WAITING FOR THE BARRACUDA STATION WAGON WITH ANOTHER GM ENGINE, THE 455 they're going to call the MAX WEDGE... just like the old 413 mopar max wedge engine all you college graduates weren't even born yet to remember... ) but be dumb enough to buy.
SO IN CLOSING, THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY HERE SOFAFAST. AND EVERY OTHER DUMB ASS CAN GO TO HELL. THIS IS MY LAST POST SO ALL YOU GUYS GOT THE LAST PUNCH. GO AHEAD. MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELVES.
WAIT !!! BEFORE YOU DO.... I CAN TUNE YOUR CARBURETOR ENGINES REAL GOOD. I CAN DO IT BLINDFOLDED. IM THE COUSIN OF HEMIFEVER. YOU SEE, I TURN YOUR STUPID DISTRIBUTOR ONE HALF INCH AND THROW IN A STEP LARGER JETS IN THE CARB AND VOILA ! YOUR CAR IS FASTER !! NOW PAY ME 300-500 DOLLARS ! ALL YOU MORONS JUST GET IN LINE.

IM OUTTA HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

has anyone bothered to check whether or not the new "hemi" really has hemi heads ?
duh. hey don't blame me. blame the genius (you) who got suckered into the mopar lie. thankfully, enough guys were smart enough not to get the bogus hemi ram and mopar went bankrupt.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
thank you for taking the time, sofa fast for your reply and advice.
i already have the crossover and hi flow, hooker max flo muffler. my cal. v10 has only one cat. i understand there were probs with the dual setup and the air pump. my v10 has no air pump. i had the cat off, inspected it, cleaned it and do not believe it is a restriction, nor do I believe the 3 inch exhaust after the cat on out is a restriction. i do believe though, that the dual cats may be a prob since dave from ramv10.com had a prob with his...
sorry to hear about the jet stage 2 but then again, you may need ram air, not just cold air to maximize its potential. i dont know. at least you didn't spend much money for it as you would have with hemifever. I recommend you relocate your air temp sensor off the intake to your intake plumbing. simply extend the wires and plug the connector where you want. either to the intake one or the extra one on the intake tubing SINCE THE SCAN TOOL READS ABOUT 50 DEGREES HOTTER THAN IT REALLY IS BECAUSE OF THIS. now... while computer adaptives compensate for rich mixtures, the computer does not take the readings from the o2 sensors at part and full throttle so here you can really benefit from the relocated air temp sensor.
In regards to computer adaptives, the computer is not god. simply adjust the voltage of the sensors and the computer is an idiot. if you were to adjust the air temp sensor voltage without the o2 sensors at idle, the computer will compensate for sure for the rich mixture. adjust the voltage from the o2 sensors as well. not you got something. you got to do the job right to fool the computer or it wont work. so much for the newbie with the gm engined bogus hemi telling me about computer adaptives. he should go back to auto school. at least i graduated from new york automotive school long ago and have been working on cars since the ago of 13.
NOW FOR THE REST OF THE MORONS......

ANYWAY..... NONE OF THIS REALLY MATTERS ANYWAY. I MEAN, ALL YOU NEED IS A HEMIFEVER TUNE AND YOU'RE ALL SET. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE DONE OR HAVEN'T DONE TO YOUR ENGINE. JUST GIVE HEMIFEVER THE BASICS AND THATS ALL HE NEEDS. IT DOESN'T MATTER THE TEMP OF THE AIR OR ALTITUDE WHERE YOU ARE USING YOUR TRUCK, WHAT YOU ARE USING YOUR TRUCK FOR, WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR TRUCK OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. HEMIFEVER HAS THE ANSWER FOR EVERYONE. I RECOMMEND YOU GIVE HIM BETWEEN 300-500 DOLLARS AND HE'LL FIX YOU UP REALLLL GOOD. I MEAN, IF YOU PUT IN A STEP COLDER PLUGS AND ARE RUNNNING IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, ITS THE SAME AS STOCK PLUGS WITH A STOCK THERMO IN 120 DEGREES INDIO, CA. SAME TIMING ADVANCE. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU CHANGED EVERY SENSOR AND ALL ENGINE ACCESSORIES OR REBUILT THE ENGINE. ALL YOUR TRUCKS ARE OLD ACCORDING TO HEMIFEVER. ALSO, ALL YOU GUYS NEED TO DO TO FIGURE OUT IF YOU'RE RUNNING RICH OR LEAN IS TO JUST CHECK THE PLUGS. THIS IS A HIGHLY ACCURATE MANNER TO CHECK SUCH ISSUES THAT WERE IN USE ABOUT 50 YEARS AGO. ITS STILL USED BY THE BEST TUNERS IN THE WORLD TODAY. AEM WIDEBAND FUEL GAUGES MUST BE FOR MORONS RIGHT GUYS ?
THAT'S RIGHT. HEMIFEVER IS YOUR ANSWER. HE IS YOUR GOD. ACTUALLY, THERE IS A BETTER ANSWER. DITCH YOUR TRUCK FOR A 5.7 LITER ( GM ENGINE FOR 27 YEARS THATS A 350 FOR ALL YOU GUYS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO CONVERT LITERS TO CID. WOW. YOU DODGE GUYS LEARNED SOMETHING TODAY. ) HEMI WHICH ISN'T REALLY A HEMI IN THE FIRST PLACE. THAT'S RIGHT A GM ENGINED HEMI BADGED COMPLETE LIE THAT MOPAR FED YOU YOUNG GUYS WHO DONT REMEMBER THE 426 AND YOU WERE SMART ENOUGH TO EAT the mopar marketing LIE. I GUESS YOU GUYS ALSO LOVED THE 4 DOOR CHARGER TOO ( DUH DUH DUH ) AND ARE WAITING FOR THE BARRACUDA STATION WAGON WITH ANOTHER GM ENGINE, THE 455 they're going to call the MAX WEDGE... just like the old 413 mopar max wedge engine all you college graduates weren't even born yet to remember... ) but be dumb enough to buy.
SO IN CLOSING, THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY HERE SOFAFAST. AND EVERY OTHER DUMB ASS CAN GO TO HELL. THIS IS MY LAST POST SO ALL YOU GUYS GOT THE LAST PUNCH. GO AHEAD. MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELVES.
WAIT !!! BEFORE YOU DO.... I CAN TUNE YOUR CARBURETOR ENGINES REAL GOOD. I CAN DO IT BLINDFOLDED. IM THE COUSIN OF HEMIFEVER. YOU SEE, I TURN YOUR STUPID DISTRIBUTOR ONE HALF INCH AND THROW IN A STEP LARGER JETS IN THE CARB AND VOILA ! YOUR CAR IS FASTER !! NOW PAY ME 300-500 DOLLARS ! ALL YOU MORONS JUST GET IN LINE.

IM OUTTA HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
What, you think you're the only person on here that remembers 'real' hemi engines and carbs? Get off your high horse. The vaunted 426 'technically' was not a true hemi. Definitely closer than the newer engines, but not as close as the old 50's versions. It was to cash in on a name, everyone knows that. What everyone else also knows (except for your ignorant stone age ass) is that the layout and design of the 'new hemi' head is basically the same and adapted from the previous version. When the Chrysler engineers were designing this 5.7 (which if you calculate the bore and stroke in millimeters like you're supposed to, it comes out to 345 cu in, which is a classic Mopar displacement, obviously nothing to do with GM there...) they went to Tom Hoover for advice and recommendations. You probably don't know who Tom Hoover is (no surprise there). He's known as father of the 426 hemi. Without going to into specifics, they set out to create a more fuel efficient smaller displacement engine with one helluva set of heads. They succeeded. It's a different world now than it was then. You want to live in the past? By all means, but don't be a dick to everyone else who doesn't. Are you really that butt hurt and mad because someone said your truck was old? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert malek View Post
has anyone bothered to check whether or not the new "hemi" really has hemi heads ?
duh. hey don't blame me. blame the genius (you) who got suckered into the mopar lie. thankfully, enough guys were smart enough not to get the bogus hemi ram and mopar went bankrupt.
Techincally, no. But the 1950's Chrysler hemi was originally marketed as the dual rocker shaft engine. Waitasec...straightline ports in and out, dual rocker shafts for intake and exhaust AND a spark plug in the middle?? That sounds hauntingly familiar...wait, that's how hemi heads are laid out!! Eureka!! The only difference here is the newer engine CANNOT have a TRUE hemispherical combustion chamber as it would NEVER pass any kind of emissions. Actually LOTS of guys got the 'bogus hemi' Ram, as it has been proven that alot of people bought the vehicle just to get that engine.

Personally, I'm glad you're gone. I hope you don't come back and that the mods delete all your imbecilic moronic threads.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition (Mods list in profile)
2006 Charger R/T
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Old 07-26-2012, 12:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

while i said i would never post again here at least i am a man that if i am wrong, i admit it lonestar, unlike you.
you went back to the 1950's. my knowledge goes back to the 60's. on. you got me. apparently according to my quick research on the 345 that you are indeed correct.
however though, you never had anything to say about the tuning issue because i am definitely correct there and you aren't man enough to admit it. prove me wrong that hemifever is NOT a tuna can tuner.
you make excuses for him cause you apparently got scammed and can't live with yourself to admist it.
anyone can go to a sct online training school and learn how to boost timing and fuel. it takes a true tuner to find out exactly what your vehicle has, its condition and the driving conditions and do it right.
rather than insult me, which you and everyone else did while i was just trying to help you guys, why don't you just admit you and everyone else were a dik to me for no reason right from the getgo when i was just trying to help you guys out to find a tuner that gives you honest work for your honest dollar.
from what you said about the hemi, i retract my statement that it is bogus but to me the 5.7 is the gm engine cause i know little about cars from the 1950s and before. i was born in the 60's.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

that said, the fact still remains that hemi and 426 are one. the whole hemi legacy was built off the 426 and quite possibly the keith black engines as well which have awesome drag race legacy.
for chrysler to come back with the whole hemi thing and put it on an engine from the 1950's is WRONG. How many people know what you know sir ? most people got suckered in because they saw hemi and heard that was a great engine. well, that's bullshit. its wrong.. for chrysler to put the same hemi badge on the magnum as the orig charger..... for chrysler to come out with a stupid daytona ram with a 3 foot spoiler..... for chrysler to come out with a superbee ram is simply pathetic or bogus in my opinion. now... considering what you said in your post, ill back off a bit and give your statements credit where properly due, due to your knowledge of the 1950's where admittedly was before my time. BUT.... the rest of what i say is NOT before my time and i know of what i speak. a four door charger ? a ram with a daytona wing ? a 345 cid engine from the 1950's ? okay sir. maybe it isn't bogus but it sure does suck in my book and i would never be caught driving one just like you wouldn't see me driving the first year pontiac reincarnation gto with single exhaust, no ram air and it was made in australia to boot. what was gm thinking ?!
give me a 426 hemi ram and id be proud. any other hemi is marketing hype to scam younger biuyers into the showroom and puts the legacy of the real hemi badge to shame.
i know i know, now you're prob going to drop the smog bs on me and how chry just cant build a 426 to pass smogg. well, if they are doing it with the 392, do u really think they can't with a 426 ?
anyway, if you want respect, you have to give respect and for an older guy to make reference to me as a tempermental faggot along with his crony friend on this board when i have never met you or spoken to you before in my life just shows the kind of person you are, your friend is and the moderator and members of this board. i thought this was some type of club, not a prison gang community board.
now, with that said....... now im leaving.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

Lol Robert, if you're as old as you claim you sure don't act like it. You're on a board of people many of which are hardcore mopar people. To come here talking trash about them will not be tolerated. Who cares if the modern hemi is not a "true hemi" according to you. I didn't buy my truck because of the hemi badge.

In my case there were a few reasons that brought me to this truck
In 09 when I bought my ram I looked at others.

Nissan. No local dealers to me at the time so that's an automatic no go. 3 hours drive to the dealer is out of the question

Toyota. Pretty pricey and there was 2 of them in the shop with the trans out. Both were the newest style.

GM. Bashed my knee on the dash getting in, sat in the backseat of a crew cab, and got my foot wedged in between the seat base and pillar getting out, almost did a face plant. Cabs are small. Interiors are plain, and the icing on the cake was chrome flaking off the door handle and stabbing me in the finger.

Ford. I've never liked the 5.4. Gutless. Dealer was the biggest problem. Damn near had to beg them to look at the trucks.

I had a Dakota thats lease was up. I considered buying it out as it suited our needs at the time. The buyout was simply too much for what it was worth IMO.
It was already hard to find new Dakotas on the lot in 09 and thy were priced as high as the rams. By buying another dodge product upon lease return a page full of paperwork that they use to go through your lease return and ding you for misc. damage disappears. That's a plus. The new ram was also 0% financing and 12 grand off the sticker price. The power of the ram is second to none especially in 09, the only one close was the tundra. The interior on these 4th gens is nice. Comfortable, stylish, yet still utilitarian. It was really an easy choice.

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Old 07-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

"Lol Robert, if you're as old as you claim you sure don't act like it. You're on a board of people many of which are hardcore mopar people. To come here talking trash about them will not be tolerated."

well, then explain to me how when i tried to help you guys out by giving my opinion on hemifever, i was referred to as a tempermental faggot by two members and everyone else said nothing. so much for non tolerance about talking trash. if you want respect you have to give it sir. hemifever called all v10s OLD. i guess its okay for him to insult you guys, cause you're afraid to say anything against him in case you want a tune, right ? maybe you guys should realize that since the v10 was avail right up to 2002-2003 and then the hemi came in, he is calling the hemis old too. but...... that's just fine with you guys cause you don't have the guts to pick a fight with the "big guy" do you ? ALL OUR TRUCKS OLD ? IM SURE THERE ARE A LOT OF GUYS WHO HAVE A HECK OF A LOT OF NEW PARTS IN THEIR TRUCKS LIKE I DO. THERE ISN'T ONE SENSOR OR ACCESSORY SUCH AS WATER PUMP, AC COMPRESSOR, ETC. ON MY TRUCK THAT ISN'T BRAND NEW.

Who cares if the modern hemi is not a "true hemi" according to you. I didn't buy my truck because of the hemi badge.

you miss the whole point. coming from a 32 year old who missed the whole era, FIGURES.

Nissan. No local dealers to me at the time so that's an automatic no go. 3 hours drive to the dealer is out of the question.

yep. 3 hour drive to make a 30 k investment is not wise in your book. would anyone agree ?

you are missing the point, sir. the fact is and still remains that you obviously keep that hemi badge on there, don't you !? in fact it does matter to you. you LIKE that hemi image don't you ? comon guys. take off that badge. know what ? you won't. you want to live the lie. you want to live the hemi rep built by 426 and keith black.

AS FAR AS THE 5.7 ENGINE BEING A MOPAR ENGINE, I'LL GIVE THAT TO HEMI LONESTAR ON A TECHNICALITY. HOWEVER, TRY GOING TO ROCKAUTO.COM OR EVEN AUTOZONE.COM... !!!! THE 5.7 ENGINE IS THE 350 GM ENGINE AS BOTH WEBSITES SAY AND HAS BEEN FROM 1970-1996. HOW MANY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE MOPAR ENGINE OF THE 1950'S ! THE NEXT THING IM GOING TO HEAR IS THE 5.7 IS A MERCEDES ENGINE FROM 1922 ! LOOK. THE 5.7 ENGINE FROM MOPAR IS LIKE TAKING OUT A DUSTY OLD BOOK FROM A ATTIC AND SAYING, LOOK, ITS MINE !!!! WELL, I DON'T THINK SO. NOW, IF SOMEONE CAN SHOW ME THAT THE 5.7 WAS AROUND FOR 20 YEARS, THEN ILL CHANGE MY OPINION ON IT. HOWEVER, ASK ANY GUY WALKING AND THE 5.0 IS THE FORD, THE 5.7 IS THE GM, THE 460 IS THE FORD, THE 426, 440, 340 IS THE MOPAR.
INSTEAD OF FAULT ME, WHY DIDNT YOU GUYS DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND NOT BUY THE TRUCK AND WRITE TO MOPAR. ALL THE MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD... WHY DON'T YOU DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND DO IT RIGHT NOW AND DEMAND THE 426 IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE THE HEMI BADGE.
THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, THE HEMI BADGE SUCKS THE LEGACY OF THE 426 AND DIMINISHES IT. MAYBE IT DOESN'T MATTER TO A 32 YEAR OLD BUT IM CERTAIN IT MATTERS TO A 52 YEAR OLD.
TO MAKE A DAYTONA RAM A RUMBLE BEE RAM A 4 DOOR CHARGER IS ALL PATHETIC AND INSULTING TO THE HERITAGE OF MOPAR. a daytona ram ?! this is sickening ? that's what you get when you got guys working that are 35 years old and below. they simply dont remember.

RATHER THAN YOU GUYS FIGHT WITH ME FOR FUN, WHY DON'T YOU GET TOUGH AND DEMAND THAT MOPAR FINALLY DROP THE 426 HEMI GEN 3 ENGINE INTO THE RAMS ALREADY ? WHY DO YOU ACCEPT mediocrity FROM HEMIFEVER AND MOPAR ? WHY DO RAM GUYS HAVE TO BE SECOND RATE?!?!!?

IF MOPAR CAN HAVE AVAIL A RETROFIT KIT TO PUT A HEMI INTO A JEEP NOW, WHY NOT A 426 HEMI GEN 3 WITH COMPUTER ( IT DOESN'T COME WITH COMPUTER AS OF 6 MONTHS AGO WHEN I CHECKED. IT'S NOT A COMPLETE PACKAGE).

IF ALL YOU GUYS WOULD HAVE SAID NO TO THIS "HEMI" AND SIMPLY WROTE MOPAR LETTERS, YOU WOULD HAVE TRUCKS WORTH BEING PROUD OF, DESTINED TO BE COLLECTORS AND TRUCKS YOU'D KEEP FOREVER.

INSTEAD AS HEMILONESTAR SAYS, THE 5.7 HEMI WAS BASICALLY ABANDONED BY THE AFTERMARKET.....CHECK HIS COMMENTS ABOUT THE FACTORY AND AFTERMARKET.

I WONDER WHY.

THINK ABOUT IT.

ITS CAUSE ITS JUST ANOTHER ENGINE, DESTINED TO GO INTO THE JUNKPILE JUST LIKE OUR V10'S. WELL, THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT IN MY BOOK.

DO IT RIGHT AND STAY WITH IT. INVEST IN YOUR PRODUCT AND YOUR CUSTOMERS. DON'T ABANDON THEM. THEY ABANDONED US CAUSE WE LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT. WE KEPT SILENT WITH OPINIONS LIKE YOURS SIR WHERE IT DOESN'T MATTER. IF THE 426 WAS PUT INTO OUR TRUCKS, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN INVESTED IN BY EVERYONE PERMANENTLY. THE FACTORY, THE AFTERMARKET, EVERYONE.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

HERE YOU GO GUYS. I CHALLENGE YOU TO STOP ACCEPTING MEDIOCRITY AND BULLSHYT, STOP LIVING THE LIE OF HEMI HEMI HEMI AND DEMAND THE REAL 426 IN OUR RAMS... THIS EMAIL BELOW, AS OBTAINED FROM DUN AND BRADSTREET IS THE DIRECT EMAIL TO RAM DIVISION PRESIDENT FRED DIAZ.....

fred.diaz@chrysler.com
Old 07-28-2012, 01:27 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Blue
Rep:127
Swaggerville Ram will become famous soon enoughSwaggerville Ram will become famous soon enough

Yes you're right I left the hemi badge on. Just like the Eco boost fords still have their badge. Dura max/Allison badges still on GM trucks, cummins badge on the diesel rams. I don't care to go through the work of removing the adhesive afterwards.
As for the numerical denomination, it's just the size. There's only so many different sizes they can pick, especially since the norm is to round to the nearest liter. Toyota also shares the 5.7 badge as well.
Fords new base v8 is a 5.0l and that's no coincidence even though it shares nothing in common with the Windsor version. It's all gamesmanship.
My age has nothing to do with my knowledge, either does yours.

Why would I demand a "real" hemi in your eyes which is actually a 2nd gen hemi, being that it evolved from the actual "real" Chrysler hemi.
The truth is the current hemi stomps the original. That's no joke. The true hemi has no quench pad area, which makes it detenation prone on our super duper modern pump gas. The dual quench pads and dual plugs make an engine very efficient at making power.

However I do agree in part that a larger cubic inch option would be nice, like a 6.1 or 6.4 in the trucks. If not the 1500 then in the HD trucks. The EPA regulations are killing the diesels. Engines cost twice as much, last half as long and get worse fuel economy.
I think there is room for a larger cubic inch gasser, with some "modern" technology thrown at it like DI or 4 valves. The competitors do offer the larger displacement but still don't use much in the way of new methods. In fact I had my fingers in one of the ford 6.2 heads and they really reminded me of Cleveland stuff in many ways. Maybe they'll start badging it a cleveland lol

You keep coming on here demanding respect, talking about others not earning your respect because why? I'm only 32? I can't possibly know anything? I think I've been more than tolerant with some of the ridiculous rants you put forth. Not all of it is B.S, you do have validity with some of what I think you're trying to say. Yes the auto manufacturers are using marketing ploys to sell their product. Some of it is riding coat tails of previous successes, some of it is making up new nomenclature in the first place. Hemi and Boss are perfect examples of both. They were originally just catchy terms to identify their stuff, and have both been used since.
It is what it is.

I like engines. Engines don't care who's name is on the valve cover, who's idea the style of heads are on it, or what size they are. They have strengths and shortcomings.
I like the v10. It was a big time gamble targeting the smallest (and shrinking) market with such an "outside the box" idea. It spawned fords 6.8 which saw some success, and from GM which developed but did not market it.

"I don't care to hear what your ideas are, mine are better"
Old 07-28-2012, 03:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

swaggerville,
you can book read all you want and so can hemi lonestar but it can never take the place of BEING THERE.
you see, to you, a phony hood scoop on a dodge ram looks great. to me... i'm from the era of REAL HOOD SCOOPS.
knowledge sometimes comes from the experience in living in an era which you can only read about.
lonestar is 38. that means his memory basically starts from 1980 when he was 6. that means he missed the memory of the era, as did you. thats just reality man. i missed the awesome hot rods of the 50's. wish i could have been there. i wasn't. i can read about it all i want. but...... its not the same.

You can look at all the pics you want, but I saw it. I remember when i was 12 years old and seeing 2 superbirds for sale for 5,000 dollars as a package on a used car lot on sunrise hwy, nassau new york.
i remember seeing the hemis at raceway park , n.j. and the new york auto show, just parked out there like a regular car.
i remember how id look into the six pack hood scoops with awe. guess what. they weren't sealed.
you don't. you can't. that's the difference.
now, maybe you don't want to peel off any adhesive, but its you with the ridiculous rant when you are silent about the 426 gen 3 engine that is now avail from mopar with 540 hp that IS NOT IN OUR RAMS.
i never said bring back the orig 426 from top to bottom. but.... bring back the 426 with modern technology. which has been done. so why is it sitting on a shelf ?

i don't demand respect but when hemifever calls v10 rams old and plain cause they are old which also means your hemis are old too from early 2003, etc. i put him in his place.
i never said a word to anyone here.
then... lonestar and his crony refer to me a tempermental faggot and you with your insults too.
i don't demand anything but expect to be treated with the same respect i have given all you guys.
i never said the hemi was bogus to any of you. i said it to hemifever. then you guys nailed me. am i supposed to be a tempermental faggot, lay down and get beat up ? i don't think so.
. did i go to your hemi forum and say the hemi was bogus ? no. sorry if what i said to hemifever offended anyone in respect to your hemis. however, at least i was 100% correct that hemifever does not do the kind of tune you guys deserve. he does not take the time to get to know your exact vehicle and what conditions it is to be driven. i tried to bring this to everyones attention. maybe that could have been appreciated or respected.
regarding this whole matter, when my intent was to help you guys, being insulted by an american veteran here, as is my own father was totally uncalled for and improper. im not a punching bag so if you have a problem with how i treated you or anyone else, remember how i was treated first.
kindly,
robert