DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

That's great. Glad that I could help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaboater1 View Post
I updated my BT and can stream audio great with my Galaxy s2 and also have my ipod plugged in...Wouldn't know about iphone...Have the 430N
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2012, 10:23 AM

just a little update on the 2011 streaming audio sound quality in vehicles with the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB).
The update is being worked on and there is an iPod issue that is being worked on also. The iPod issue is where a song starts to play, then there is about a 1 second pause, then play continues. If both issues can be fixed with the amount of memory left in the module, this will be great. I'll let you know more when I hear anything.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 AM

OK, so here's the update for the Bluetooth Streaming audio on 2011 vehicles with 1 of the following radios ONLY:
RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB
For 2011 vehicles built prior to 6-1-2011 that have already had either 1 of these TSBs performed (#08-036-11, 08-036-11 rev A, 08-019-12). Your vehicle must have 1 of these TSBs performed.If your vehicle has not had the TSB performed, please let me know and I’ll help walk you thru what you need to do.
1)This is an update for the Bluetooth streaming audio sound quality.
2)There was not enough memory left to safely do anything for the iPod stutter at the beginning of the next track.

Here's the file and instructions for the 2011 Uconnect Bitpool update.
***Important note: Please make sure that the vehicle battery power is not interrupted. This could cause damage to the update and the module. The best procedure is to have the vehicle running during the process. *****
You will need a thumb drive of at least 1GB. If you have files on the thumb drive, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean
Download it to the thumb drive that has no other files on it. Once it is downloaded to the thumb drive, please rename it so the file is uconnect.upd (basically delete everything up to Uconnect.upd).
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console or glove box USB connector on vehicles with the factory installed unit. If you have the Mopar kit installed, the USB connector may be in the glove box. This cable is an optional cable <PN 82212160> and may not have been installed if the kit was installed at the Dealer.
Press and release the Uconnect button and say “set up, software update”. You should hear "update started". This process should take about 10 - 15 minutes; there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display.

High Speed CAN BUS vehicles use the link below for downloading the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ovyaa0n1cbuhs97
Low Speed CAN BUS vehicles use the link below for downloading the file:
<I have added the Low Speed CAN BUS file here also because people from other forums and with other vehicles will possibly find this thread and if I didn't have it listed, I would have to start a new thread for it. So I'm just saving some time (perhaps just being lazy) for others ans well as myself>
http://www.mediafire.com/?6are7vroedrjdoz
Please reply back with your results. I have tested it myself and have also had a couple of friends test it for me.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:40 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: hunter green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
sylster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sylster

2011 Sport Crew Cab, 430RBZ and yes the quality is pretty poor....enough that I don't use it.

S.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Ossrop is on a distinguished road
Default UConnect BT Streaming Audio - Skips

The bluetooth audio streaming from my iPhone 4S.. to my 130S system skips like a record player or a cd player when you bump it.... but just randomly... not constantly... but enough to make it annoying.

I have been reading many posts on issues with the BT streaming here and have tried to apply three different updates. None have successfully installed.

I can see my current software version is 63.02.48 V: HS: d2.

When I try to install an update it just says please insert an update in the control module and try again.. I am using a clean FAT32 flash drive in the control module located in the glove box.

Is there any solution to this problem?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 AM

You have the most current SW version in your system. That's why you can't apply the update. I would try rebooting the phone itself. This is dne by holding the power and home buttons till the apple appears, then release them. The phone will now reboot.
The issue that others are having with the streaming audio is the sound quality and not the type of skipping that you are describing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossrop View Post
The bluetooth audio streaming from my iPhone 4S.. to my 130S system skips like a record player or a cd player when you bump it.... but just randomly... not constantly... but enough to make it annoying.

I have been reading many posts on issues with the BT streaming here and have tried to apply three different updates. None have successfully installed.

I can see my current software version is 63.02.48 V: HS: d2.

When I try to install an update it just says please insert an update in the control module and try again.. I am using a clean FAT32 flash drive in the control module located in the glove box.

Is there any solution to this problem?
Old 10-19-2012, 09:37 AM

bum to get this thread back to page 1
Old 10-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram - 1971 Superbee
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab 4X4
Color: Deep Water
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
bee1971 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
bum to get this thread back to page 1
So the TSB that i downloaded from you in the IPHONE U-Connect Thread , that worked great by the way , now i just download this recent TSB and should bee good to go

Thanx Scott

2011 Dodge Ram
Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 AM

Correct Scott. This will get you the better sound when streaming audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1971 View Post
So the TSB that i downloaded from you in the IPHONE U-Connect Thread , that worked great by the way , now i just download this recent TSB and should bee good to go

Thanx Scott

2011 Dodge Ram
Old 11-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Still looking
Rep:13
moto178 is on a distinguished road

The iPhone UCONNECT update from the other thread installed ok, and fixed a bunch of issues that I had with using my iPhone in my truck. THANK YOU!!

However, this particular update does not seem to be taking. FAT32 formatted a USB flash drive, copied the uconnect.upd file onto it after DLing and renaming from this thread. I inserted the drive into the glovebox USB port. I then tried the voice commands that you mention in your instructions, but I get the "not recognized command." so i went back to the previous UCONNECT thread and saw that you pressed and held the uconnect button to initiate the upload. I tried that method, and still got nothing.

Has anyone been able to successfully update their system with this TSB? If so, did it resolve the crappy streaming sound?