DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1995 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: sxt
Color: green/silver
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
desolit is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 1500 rebuild

Im starting my build. I have a 95 1500 2wd with the 5.9 in it. My old man is the original owner. Some of you may remember it because you gave me some shlack about a thread up about it. it was titled this is what a 260k ram looks like. i meant milage and people assumed $$ when they read it. Well, my old man put 255k (miles) on it between 95 and 04. In late 04 he bought a new 05 3500 and this one became a driveway ornament. in 07 I borrowed it to move some stuff. I had to get it running first and scare some squirrels out of it. Everytime i tried to give it back he told me "it runs and moves when you have it. Drive it around a bit longer." When i bought my first house he showed up on moving day, title in hand, and signed it over. he said "its not much but its a good old truck thats I could always rely on. Youre a homeowner now and need something you can rely on the same way." I sat there with him and thought about how i had been across the country a couple of times in it with my Dad.

Well you get the point. the truck means a lot to me. Im not a pro but i do know a bit more than your average joe. I dont have a lot of money to put into it so the process will be slow and creative. Im not looking to build a show truck or for Coddington perfectionism. Just a good looking truck that can earn some respect when it gets down the road. Ill update when i get some progress. Ill need to lean on my fellow Z-forumians when i run out of answers. Thanks in advance for that.

wish me luck.
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by desolit View Post
Im starting my build. I have a 95 1500 2wd with the 5.9 in it. My old man is the original owner. Some of you may remember it because you gave me some shlack about a thread up about it. it was titled this is what a 260k ram looks like. i meant milage and people assumed $$ when they read it. Well, my old man put 255k (miles) on it between 95 and 04. In late 04 he bought a new 05 3500 and this one became a driveway ornament. in 07 I borrowed it to move some stuff. I had to get it running first and scare some squirrels out of it. Everytime i tried to give it back he told me "it runs and moves when you have it. Drive it around a bit longer." When i bought my first house he showed up on moving day, title in hand, and signed it over. he said "its not much but its a good old truck thats I could always rely on. Youre a homeowner now and need something you can rely on the same way." I sat there with him and thought about how i had been across the country a couple of times in it with my Dad.

Well you get the point. the truck means a lot to me. Im not a pro but i do know a bit more than your average joe. I dont have a lot of money to put into it so the process will be slow and creative. Im not looking to build a show truck or for Coddington perfectionism. Just a good looking truck that can earn some respect when it gets down the road. Ill update when i get some progress. Ill need to lean on my fellow Z-forumians when i run out of answers. Thanks in advance for that.

wish me luck.
Well best of luck, if you need any help please feel free to PM me. I specialize in the torque flites for the 1st,2nd, and partially 3rd generation ram pickups and vans.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I appreciate the offer! thanks! the truck is (mechanically) fairly solid. Its on its 3rd transmission and this one only has 30k or so on it. I just replaced the AIC and TPS to get rid of the high idle yesterday. Man, she runs smooth now. The motor is strong. I have a light leak from the oil pan and some seepage from the valve covers. 99% of my work is going to be in repairing what 17 years of Chicago's salty winter does to a truck.
Thanks again!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:34 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:36
MadSoul87 is on a distinguished road

We are here to help so anything that you might need an answer to just post the question up and someone will chime in with an answer or a link to an answer for ya. Good luck man.

My Build Page
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102923
Old 05-06-2012, 04:47 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

^^^^^ for sure. I'm fighting the same age battle so let me know if you need anything. Let's see some pictures of what you got going.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks everyone for the support! I have gotten a little bit of time to work on it. I started stripping the logos, emblems, and pin stripes. I removed the cap and back bumper. I fitted a roll pan and did some cutting on it to allow for the hitch. It started running a bit rough so i replaced the tps and idle air valve (running like a champ again). I stripped, prepped, and primered a replacement door for the passeneger side.

I have been doing a bit of planning. Mostly interior BS because my wife is a fashion designer and she'll be extatic that she'll be able to help with something other than elbow grease.

The other planning comes in the form of suspension. For the rear I'm thinking i might do a fram notch and an axle flip. Latter when i get more scratch to throw at it ill change over to a four link with bags.

For the front i have to replace..... well, all of the links in the suspension cause their just old and beat to hell. I was thinking of cutting the springs (which i still might) or ill bag the front. I have a set of bags and the whole air setup that i bought before i got married for another project. i would only need to get the brackets for the ram.
Anyways I have a picture that im going to try to share of the roll pan. ill put up before pictures later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg role pan.jpg (124.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Well i got a little more work done. I finished de-striping and de-badging. I did some mud work to the tailgate and primed that and the replacement door. Can anyone point me in the direction of our forum air suspension-pro? I need to pick his brain a bit and figure out if I would want to go that route with this thing. here's another pic. this is after i took the cap off. You can see some of the cancer on the rear wheel well, the cab corner, and the door.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram1.jpg (120.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

i know, i know. dont crucify me. I'm using rusty metal primer. Yes rustoleum. No not the rattle can. Its turning out a bit more... burnt orange? than i remember it ever being. does anyone know if this is a sign that something went wrong or i got a bad gallon? ill post a picture later. Thanks everyone!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Im just leaving notes because i hate when people dont follow up on these things....

The burnt orange coloring i was getting from the rusty metal primer is coming from the flash point. It took three days to cure in 95 degree heat because i used acetone to thin it. Acetone has a long evaporation time so it took forever for the paint to harden itself. I wont use that again on the next round.

Rusoleum (the company) talks about using mineral spirits or something else that i cant think of off the top of my head. They do not recomend using mineral spirits though because of environmental concerns with making it airborn.

On an entertaining note: i set up my paint area in the garage with plastic sheeting. it looked like a kill room from Dexter (awesome). I got all excited and jumped in there spraying away. i got done with one full hopper and looked down realizing the only thing i was wearing was shoes, shorts, and my charcoal filter. I looked like i got a really really bad spray tan. orange from head to toe. i was crying orange, blowing orange, spitting orange. I couldnt run my hand through my hair. it was disgusting (and stupid) but hilarious later on.

heres a pic of the tailgate once it finally browned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tailgate.jpg (123.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-25-2012, 09:06 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao, you know there are people that would pay lots of money to get that look, and you got it for free. Hey how come no pick of Orange Man????