DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram – 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
Miami Son is on a distinguished road

As I said, I'm on AT$T. When I first paired the phone with the truck there was a process for downloading the PB that when I tried to follow it I was given a "Phone not compatible" error message. That's when I checked the website and saw my phone was not on the list. Strange thing is yesterday I tried to access the PB in the truck and it worked just fine, so I guess it is actually working as it should. One issue I do have is that if I have a contact with a Home Fax or Work Fax entry and I say "call so-and-so at Home or Work" it will dial the Home or Work Fax number instead of the Home or Work number.

Since the 430N is capable of displaying album artwork for CDs and digital music files should it not also display photos on incoming calls for contacts that have them? That would be a nice feature!
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

OK, I missed the ATT part. So the way this works is that the PB will be downloaded each time that you get into the vehicle. Uconnect does this in case you have deleted or added contacts while away from the vehicle. It will then compare the stored file with the new file and if there are changes, then UC will toss the old and store the new.
Now, I am still a bit confused about where you say that the process for DLing the PB. Did you press the VR button and say "set up, phone book, download" and then the error message was said by the UC? If so then this would be a correct statement. The phone does not support down loading the PB from the SIM card.
The way it works with a SIM card phone (ATT & t Mobile) is that when you do the initial pairing of the phone and then the request to DL your PB shows on the phone, you select "always" & "accept or OK" then Uconnect will look at the local phonebook on the phone. If there is less than 20 contacts on the local PB, then Uconnect will look at the SIM card for contacts. If there are contacts on the SIM, then those will be downloaded only (the local contacts will not be DLed).
If there are no contacts on the SIM card, then Uconnect will DL what ever is on the local PB.
Now lets say that you have 12 contacts on the local PB and 25 on the SIM card, only the SIM will be DLed. In order to have the local contacts DLed, then you need to copy them to the SIM card.

Now for the contacts with the FAX #'s, I would look into the phones contact list to see how the numbers are stored into the phone.
Also the album artwork comes from a stored Grace notes library on the radio. Uconnect does not support incoming pictures or email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Son View Post
As I said, I'm on AT$T. When I first paired the phone with the truck there was a process for downloading the PB that when I tried to follow it I was given a "Phone not compatible" error message. That's when I checked the website and saw my phone was not on the list. Strange thing is yesterday I tried to access the PB in the truck and it worked just fine, so I guess it is actually working as it should. One issue I do have is that if I have a contact with a Home Fax or Work Fax entry and I say "call so-and-so at Home or Work" it will dial the Home or Work Fax number instead of the Home or Work number.

Since the 430N is capable of displaying album artwork for CDs and digital music files should it not also display photos on incoming calls for contacts that have them? That would be a nice feature!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Here's the link for the 2012 Uconnect SW update for vehicles built prior to 1-1-2012 and have either of the following radios:
RES, REQ, RBZ or the RHB

http://www.mediafire.com/?vedk6f30v84e95r

and the instructions are:

Download this file that I have on Mediafire onto a thumb drive and : Place this thumb drive in the USB connector mounted either in the glove box or the center console. Press & release the uconnect phone button and say “set up, software update”. You will start to hear some beeps. This process will take about 20 – 25 minutes. It’s a good size file. During the beeps, the radio screen will in an update mode, when the beeps are done and the screen goes back to the radio then the process should be complete. Just wait for a few seconds after the radio starts to play before removing the thumb drive. Turn the key off, open & close the driver’s door. Wait about 30 seconds then turn the key on. After radio powers up wait about 15 seconds, then press and hold the uconnect phone button for about 15 seconds, the radio will start to say a few options and then something like please attach usb….. And then there will be a software version that comes up on the screen. Should be 63.02.48 V: HS: d2 (or D1). When you see this, release the button, press and release it again. The radio will show the radio screen now.
You will also need to delete the current pairing of the phone to Uconnect and the Uconnect to the phone, then start the new pairing session.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: QC
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:10
DRamrod is on a distinguished road

question for this update. If you update the software, will the back-up camera display the lines on the screen?
As you know, the 2011s don't have it, but the 2012s do
Old 04-06-2012, 04:13 PM

This update is ONLY for the external Uconnect module. It has nothing to do with the radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRamrod View Post
question for this update. If you update the software, will the back-up camera display the lines on the screen?
As you know, the 2011s don't have it, but the 2012s do
Old 04-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:26
Miami Son is on a distinguished road

Is there a way to display the current software version? My truck was in the shop on Monday and I specifically asked them to check the radio for updates and they said I had the latest firmware. I don't really trust them to tell me the truth, though.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 AM

To see the SW version of the Uconnect system:
After radio powers up wait about 15 seconds, then press and hold the uconnect phone button for about 15 seconds, the radio will start to say a few options and then something like please attach usb….. And then there will be a software version that comes up on the screen. Should be 63.02.48 V: HS: d2 (or D1). When you see this, release the button, press and release it again. The radio will show the radio screen now.

If you have the RHB or the RBZ radio then you can verify the SW version by:
pressing the menu button, select system set up then system information, I believe that the current sw version is like 30.xx.xx
As long as it's in the 30 ish range, then its current.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Son View Post
Is there a way to display the current software version? My truck was in the shop on Monday and I specifically asked them to check the radio for updates and they said I had the latest firmware. I don't really trust them to tell me the truth, though.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Charcoal Grey
Rep:10
nhawes226 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone done this update and did it work? I have the RBZ radio and wanted to know if the streaming bluetooth audio quality improved.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I apologize for not looking at this thread for a while
I should have clarified my post about the upgrade that i had done, it was a different radio & the newest upgrade for it. It was also for a phone book omission.

I will tell you, do NOT interrupt any d/l, you could lock up your radio, i did

When you start your d/l, have both keys or FOBs near to you, if not on your person. 20 or 30 minutes doesn't seem like a long time to stay close to your vehicle during a d/l. I had to go inside my apartment during the process, my RAM was on the street with the FOB in the ignition & where i live people walk by quite often, 2 stores are just around the corner. Leaving the ignition on is like handing someone the key & saying it is all yours.
Any way i left the CD in the player, took out the key & i returned about 10 minutes later. I turned the key back on & intended to resume the d/l, the radio was in lockup, i tried getting the CD to eject. I tried playing with the key, pushing every button on the radio, opening the doors, closing the doors, same with the windows. nothing worked until i put the Climate Control into the mix, i played with the key, turned on the blower fan, hit some buttons & the CD ejected !!!
I restarted the d/l, with the spare Fob in my pocket, using the spare FOB i locked the doors & let it run its course. Live & Learn .....................
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 04-17-2012, 01:55 PM

The update that is being talked about here is for 2012 vehicles only and will not work on a 2011. As of right now there is not an update that will make streaming audio quality better. However this does depend on the issues that you are having. Does the streaming audio work currently? Have you had the update for the 2011 vehicles done (I am assuming yours is a 2011 because that what is listed in your information box, top left of your post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhawes226 View Post
Has anyone done this update and did it work? I have the RBZ radio and wanted to know if the streaming bluetooth audio quality improved.