DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical


Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:36 PM
gysnst2's Avatar
gysnst2 gysnst2 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montgomery IL
Age: 39
Posts: 641
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep Power: 0
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road
Default

I did last years update seem to fix a bunch of things. The only problem I have, the terrible skip in between songs. I feel it's going to blow by system up.
__________________
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #52  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 PM
xsdbs xsdbs is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over Here, Hi
Age: 54
Posts: 800
Gender: Male
Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep Power: 0
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough
Default

Thats great news, glad to have been of help. I see that you have already added your name to my other thread on the streaming audio quality. I'm working hard ongetting something done for it that will complete the quality.


Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneezer View Post
THANK YOU!!

I had serious issues streaming audio via my bluetooth in my truck until I performed this update. Of course, I assumed initially that the problem was with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S i9000m), and was attempting all varieties of custom ROM in an attempt to get this feature to work. It was driving me nuts!!

It wasn't until a co-worker with the same model of phone mentioned that his worked fine with his Mazda, and it had the same problem with my truck that I realized that it was an issue with the truck.

I performed the update during my daily drive home from work--it took about 15 minutes (and the steady ping... ping... ping... just about had me developing a facial tic) and by the time I got home... fixed!!

Again, THANK YOU!!!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-08-2012, 10:52 AM
pcmills70's Avatar
pcmills70 pcmills70 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cleveland, TX
Age: 44
Posts: 16
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 1500 Lone Star 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Deep Cherry Red Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
pcmills70 is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm having 3 issues:
  1. PAUSE within apps during Bluetooth use doesn't work. Within Audible, Amazon MP3 or Google Music, all apps will pause briefly then start right back up. This only happens when in BT mode. If I'm connected through the AUX jack, the PAUSE feature on my phone works fine.
  2. My PHONEBOOK does download, but its not the contacts I'm expecting. I'm getting a huge list of names, but the most important ones, my wife and my sister, don't appear at all even though they are on my phone, and included in my "favorites" list. And as far as I know, I'm only using Google Contacts. NOTE: all of my contacts were added through Google, and then synced to phone.
  3. Can't locate Uconnect software version. I tried holding the PHONE button down for 15 seconds and waiting for the "connect USB thumb drive" message, but I never did get the version information on the screen.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Manufactured 08/11
Radio: RES Media Center 130
Cell Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon Network



Also of note, my previous phone, Droid X (Verizon), had all the same Bluetooth issues.


Any help would sure be appreciated. This is driving me crazy!
__________________
Mopar side steps, bed mat, Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, hardwired V1 radar detector and phone charger.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-08-2012, 01:20 PM
xsdbs xsdbs is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over Here, Hi
Age: 54
Posts: 800
Gender: Male
Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep Power: 0
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough
Default

First thing, lets start with the update. You have the V1 SW in your system. Please see post #13 and perform that update, then lets see where you're at, ok. Thanks







Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmills70 View Post
I'm having 3 issues:
  1. PAUSE within apps during Bluetooth use doesn't work. Within Audible, Amazon MP3 or Google Music, all apps will pause briefly then start right back up. This only happens when in BT mode. If I'm connected through the AUX jack, the PAUSE feature on my phone works fine.
  2. My PHONEBOOK does download, but its not the contacts I'm expecting. I'm getting a huge list of names, but the most important ones, my wife and my sister, don't appear at all even though they are on my phone, and included in my "favorites" list. And as far as I know, I'm only using Google Contacts. NOTE: all of my contacts were added through Google, and then synced to phone.
  3. Can't locate Uconnect software version. I tried holding the PHONE button down for 15 seconds and waiting for the "connect USB thumb drive" message, but I never did get the version information on the screen.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Manufactured 08/11
Radio: RES Media Center 130
Cell Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon Network



Also of note, my previous phone, Droid X (Verizon), had all the same Bluetooth issues.


Any help would sure be appreciated. This is driving me crazy!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-08-2012, 03:25 PM
pcmills70's Avatar
pcmills70 pcmills70 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cleveland, TX
Age: 44
Posts: 16
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 1500 Lone Star 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Deep Cherry Red Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
pcmills70 is on a distinguished road
Default

  1. PAUSE PROBLEM SOLVED. The Uconnect software update fixed my Pause problem in all apps. There is a slight delay when you hit pause or play, but at least it's working.
  2. PHONEBOOK STILL PROBLEMATIC. First I'm getting a few names I don't recognize "daryl" "leggett" etc, then I'm getting the #BAL, ,#DATA, #MIN and #PMT contacts. Then I get a big list of FIRST NAME and LAST NAME contacts, but my sister and wife are still excluded.
I'm curious as to where Uconnect is getting the data from. I have my list of Google Contacts, and from that list, I've set up a group of contacts called "My Phone". On my phone, I have the Contacts setup to display the Google > My Phone contacts. Is it possible to setup the phone to feed Uconnect only this list of contacts?
__________________
Mopar side steps, bed mat, Bakflip G2 tonneau cover, hardwired V1 radar detector and phone charger.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 AM
xsdbs xsdbs is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over Here, Hi
Age: 54
Posts: 800
Gender: Male
Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep Power: 0
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough
Default

Well, that's a good start then.
The PB contacts are downloaded directly from the phone, however you can also add up to 32 contacts with up to 4 phone #'s for each contact in the local PB in the Uconnect memory. These would be contacts that have been manually entered. These names that you don't recognize may have been entered during a vehicle test drive from a potential customer.
Press the Uconnect button and say "phonebook, delete". You'll be asked for the name to delete or say list names. Say "list names", does she start reading a couple names (the ones that you dont recognize)? If so, then press the Uconnect button to exit thatt menu.
Now press the Uconnect button and say "phonebook, delete". When you're asked for the name, say "all". (don't worry here about if you're going to delete the contacts from the phone, you can only delete the ones that are in the local PB). The names that are stored in the local PB will now be deleted.
The other unknown #'s <BAL, DATA, MIN, PMT, etc> are #'s that are embedded into the phone by the network.
Hope this helps a little.



Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmills70 View Post
  1. PAUSE PROBLEM SOLVED. The Uconnect software update fixed my Pause problem in all apps. There is a slight delay when you hit pause or play, but at least it's working.
  2. PHONEBOOK STILL PROBLEMATIC. First I'm getting a few names I don't recognize "daryl" "leggett" etc, then I'm getting the #BAL, ,#DATA, #MIN and #PMT contacts. Then I get a big list of FIRST NAME and LAST NAME contacts, but my sister and wife are still excluded.
I'm curious as to where Uconnect is getting the data from. I have my list of Google Contacts, and from that list, I've set up a group of contacts called "My Phone". On my phone, I have the Contacts setup to display the Google > My Phone contacts. Is it possible to setup the phone to feed Uconnect only this list of contacts?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Pearl2012's Avatar
Pearl2012 Pearl2012 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Elizabeth, Colorado
Age: 62
Posts: 30
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
Pearl2012 is on a distinguished road
Default

[QUOTE=pcmills70;884024]I'm having 3 issues:
  1. Can't locate Uconnect software version. I tried holding the PHONE button down for 15 seconds and waiting for the "connect USB thumb drive" message, but I never did get the version information on the screen.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Manufactured 08/11
Radio: RES Media Center 130
Cell Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon Network

Well my build date is 10/11 (Ram 2500 with RES radio). It starts the update, then about 5 minutes in tells me the update is not compatible with my system. I too am unable to bring up the Uconnect software version as it does say to attach usb..., but then goes right back into the radio.

UHMM..
__________________
2012 Ram 2500 ST HEMI from Colorado and a few mods
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:16 PM
xsdbs xsdbs is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over Here, Hi
Age: 54
Posts: 800
Gender: Male
Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep Power: 0
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough
Default

I'm willing to say that you have a module whose PN ends in "AB". This would be why you can't get the Uconnect PN from the radio. This is a feature that was implemented on the 2012 V2 module SW.
Please drop the glovebox down toward the floor and look inside the dash cavity to the right. You'll see a black module about 4"x6" mounted to the dash structure. Can you take a picture of it and post the picture.I'm sure that we can get this worked out for you.




[QUOTE=Pearl2012;887739]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmills70 View Post
I'm having 3 issues:

  1. Can't locate Uconnect software version. I tried holding the PHONE button down for 15 seconds and waiting for the "connect USB thumb drive" message, but I never did get the version information on the screen.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Manufactured 08/11
Radio: RES Media Center 130
Cell Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon Network

Well my build date is 10/11 (Ram 2500 with RES radio). It starts the update, then about 5 minutes in tells me the update is not compatible with my system. I too am unable to bring up the Uconnect software version as it does say to attach usb..., but then goes right back into the radio.

UHMM..

Last edited by xsdbs; 09-14-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Pearl2012's Avatar
Pearl2012 Pearl2012 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Elizabeth, Colorado
Age: 62
Posts: 30
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
Pearl2012 is on a distinguished road
Default

[QUOTE=xsdbs;888015]I'm willing to say that you have a module whose PN ends in "AK". This would be why you can't get the Uconnect PN from the radio. This is a feature that was implemented on the 2012 V2 module SW.
Please drop the glovebox down toward the floor and look inside the dash cavity to the right. You'll see a black module about 4"x6" mounted to the dash structure. Can you take a picture of it and post the picture.I'm sure that we can get this worked out for you.




Sure. Here it is I hope!!!

http://www.ramforumz.com/attachment....1&d=1347581040
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ram Uconnect Box.jpg (73.8 KB, 37 views)
__________________
2012 Ram 2500 ST HEMI from Colorado and a few mods
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-14-2012, 02:27 PM
xsdbs xsdbs is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over Here, Hi
Age: 54
Posts: 800
Gender: Male
Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep Power: 0
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough
Default

Ok, So that is the V1 module. That's why you can't pull the SW version.
The instructions are the same but I think that you may been using the wrong file. The one you need is in the link below:http://www.mediafire.com/?vedk6f30v84e95r





[QUOTE=Pearl2012;888051]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
I'm willing to say that you have a module whose PN ends in "AB". This would be why you can't get the Uconnect PN from the radio. This is a feature that was implemented on the 2012 V2 module SW.
Please drop the glovebox down toward the floor and look inside the dash cavity to the right. You'll see a black module about 4"x6" mounted to the dash structure. Can you take a picture of it and post the picture.I'm sure that we can get this worked out for you.






Sure. Here it is I hope!!!

http://www.ramforumz.com/attachment....1&d=1347581040
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum