DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

The 730N currently doesn't support MAP. This is the profile that is needed in order for SMS texting to work. The 430N did support it. The other issue is that the BT specs are not tightly regulated so people try to do things differently. The Uconnect system SW in the 430N is written to the BTSIG specs, not everyone follows those specs. So some phones will list supporting MAP in their specs but it's how they do it that determines if it'll work or not.
The strange thing is that a phone company will have a phone that works properly and then come out with a new model that won't work. Such as the GIII, it will receive a message and send Uconnect the BT message that there is a new SMS and then Uconnect will say a notification as well as be able to read it. But when you try to send a message, sending the message fails. Odd, why wouldn't they just use the GII as a model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
I've got the GS3 as well. Works great except that it won't audiblize text messages like my GS2 did. My radio is a 730N RHR that was changed from a 430N (long story). Bottom line the GS2 and 430N handled texts perfectly but the GS3 and the 730N doesn't.
The GS3 has been out nearly a year and has sold 20 million world wide. Can't understand why there's no upgrade to fix this.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jessenola is on a distinguished road

Greetings,
I am a new member and first time Dodge owner. I found this thread via web search and must say I am impressed by what appears to be limited knowlege of this subject on the web. that being said I have a few questions:
My radio is a 430N RHB on a 2012 Ram 1550 bought in 12/11
App: 30.01.11
Audio CPU 030411
Grace Note D9F

First, I attempted to check the software version as stated earlier in the thread. What woudl occur is it woudl say please insert USB then update failed and never showed any software version similar to what was displayed previously on thread. What did I do wrong?
Second based on the info above, can you tell me if this is the latest versions availible for my truck?
Third I have a Droid Razr. For a while it seemed to connect/disconnect randomly during calls streaming and so on. Now it appears to have stopped (at least for two calls I tried it on) Streaming audio seems to be buggy as far as playblack and pausing intermittantly. Is it safe to assume the update linked above is supposed to fix this or do I already have it?

I thank you in advance for any info.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I remember something about making sure the USB thumb drive is completely erased, Format & all
before you d/l anything to it
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM

1) Being an early build 2012 vehicle, you won't get the SW information for the Uconnect module untill after the update is performed.
2) The SW info that you provided is for the radio itself, the Uconnect is a separate module with your radio. I believe that there is a radio update available, I'd give the dealer a call and ask about it.
3) On the Droid, I have seen some issues resolved by rebooting the phone. (remove the battery for a couple minutes then reinsert it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenola View Post
Greetings,
I am a new member and first time Dodge owner. I found this thread via web search and must say I am impressed by what appears to be limited knowlege of this subject on the web. that being said I have a few questions:
My radio is a 430N RHB on a 2012 Ram 1550 bought in 12/11
App: 30.01.11
Audio CPU 030411
Grace Note D9F

First, I attempted to check the software version as stated earlier in the thread. What woudl occur is it woudl say please insert USB then update failed and never showed any software version similar to what was displayed previously on thread. What did I do wrong?
Second based on the info above, can you tell me if this is the latest versions availible for my truck?
Third I have a Droid Razr. For a while it seemed to connect/disconnect randomly during calls streaming and so on. Now it appears to have stopped (at least for two calls I tried it on) Streaming audio seems to be buggy as far as playblack and pausing intermittantly. Is it safe to assume the update linked above is supposed to fix this or do I already have it?

I thank you in advance for any info.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
IBeCarl is on a distinguished road

Just Checking i have a RHR
2012 bought early january application 2.116 ? would this update work on it or no?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
jessenola is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
1) Being an early build 2012 vehicle, you won't get the SW information for the Uconnect module untill after the update is performed.
2) The SW info that you provided is for the radio itself, the Uconnect is a separate module with your radio. I believe that there is a radio update available, I'd give the dealer a call and ask about it.
3) On the Droid, I have seen some issues resolved by rebooting the phone. (remove the battery for a couple minutes then reinsert it)
Thanks for responding. I am still learning the ways of the forum and did not see this until now. I went to the dealer the next day and supposively (after quoting you extensively) they looked up the update and will install it tomorrow. I wish we could get the software from somewhere and post it online. I really hate going to deal with these guys for such a simple task. they act like they are doing software updates for a supercomputer or something.
Since this seems to be the right thread, any idea if sirius traffic will work on my radio after the update? I currently have travel link and after almost a year I am starting to actually use it.
Oh yeah and I have the Driod Razr, no accesible battery (yea me!)
Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 AM

I hate to say that it won't work on the 730N or the 730. This update is only for the RES, REQ, RHB & RBZ radios.
I do believe that I saw a thread on this forum about an update CD that someone got in the mail. You may want to check with the dealer about getting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeCarl View Post
Just Checking i have a RHR
2012 bought early january application 2.116 ? would this update work on it or no?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 AM

I do have the Uconnect module update listed in a couple threads on this forum. It's done using a flash drive. Simple
Now some of the other vehicle modules need to be updated using the techs scantool. So those do need to be done by the dealler.
The radio is usually updated by using an update disc. The Sirius updates are done thru the disc and also usually get the Sirius Traffic system working. It's not part of the Uconnect system (module).
On the RAZR, I found this link for a reboot:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/c....html?id=50092

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenola View Post
Thanks for responding. I am still learning the ways of the forum and did not see this until now. I went to the dealer the next day and supposively (after quoting you extensively) they looked up the update and will install it tomorrow. I wish we could get the software from somewhere and post it online. I really hate going to deal with these guys for such a simple task. they act like they are doing software updates for a supercomputer or something.
Since this seems to be the right thread, any idea if sirius traffic will work on my radio after the update? I currently have travel link and after almost a year I am starting to actually use it.
Oh yeah and I have the Driod Razr, no accesible battery (yea me!)
Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
IBeCarl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
I hate to say that it won't work on the 730N or the 730. This update is only for the RES, REQ, RHB & RBZ radios.
I do believe that I saw a thread on this forum about an update CD that someone got in the mail. You may want to check with the dealer about getting one.
ok thanks will do just that
Old 06-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 Laramie Crewcab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/Gold
RAMeister is on a distinguished road
Question

Just stumbled across this thread. It appears the mediafire.com links mentioned in post #41 are no longer...or perhaps its only down temporarily??

Any other sources?

TIA