DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black on Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
gusman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1965 View Post
will call jeramy.its getting even more confusing for me. i just spoke with a local hid installer and he said be carefull with those 89.00 dollar kits . he said you need to make sure you also have a cambust with kit . he said a cambust tricks your trucks computer without the cambust your truck would show a bulb out. he said to me that he could put a hid kit in my truck for 450.00 and it will be a very good one ?
Of course he did. He wants to make money off you. Just trying to help you save some money because 450 is an outrageous amount of money for HID's.. But it's your money, just offering alternate solutions.. I was also told about the bulb out warning, especially with my sisters 07 Volvo S60, but the plug and play ddm didn't throw any codes and she loves them..
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Quad Cab 1500
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:25
mikeski is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mikeski

Blast, I was hoping to be able to tell you how my setup works later this weekend. But I did not get my projectors today :-(

me....

Morimoto Mini H1 Projector's w/ Digital 55watt 6000k HID's, 35W 10k HID Fog Lights, Blue LED's throughout the interior, Bed and Reverse LED's, Oil Catch Can, 4" vent to stock air box and two beady red eyes. Where will the madness end????
Old 03-17-2012, 02:02 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Express 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: exspress
Color: cherry pearl red
Rep:27
nitro1965 is on a distinguished road

when you buy these hid conversion kits do they always have the lo beam being hid, and the hi beam being the normal hologen beam . can you get both hi/lo beams in hid or you can only get the low beam in hid? can you please fill me in on this . thank you
Old 03-17-2012, 02:58 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusman View Post
Ive literally done a dozen DDM installs on everything from an STI subaru to a 2012 f350. Some were done as long as 4 years ago and no problems to this day. One ballast went bad, they sent me a new one right away. I guess its like anything, sometimes life hands you lemons...
Sorry but there product is crap and there return policy is even worse or it went bad send it back you pay shipping we will take 4 months to test it if we even answer your emails.

Had them in my stang they lasted 2 months had in stratus got 4 months and i said never again you might like them but census on here agrees bad stuff but hey glad you had good luck with them.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:00 AM

dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
when you buy these hid conversion kits do they always have the lo beam being hid, and the hi beam being the normal hologen beam . can you get both hi/lo beams in hid or you can only get the low beam in hid? can you please fill me in on this . thank you
Well high and low are separate need a different kit for both but you really only need low beams i have them in my fogs and lows and really all i drive around with is the fogs lol
Old 03-17-2012, 03:01 AM

Retrosolutions hands down man yoyr best bet
Old 03-17-2012, 11:50 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Black
Rep:31
Rise Captain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
Retrosolutions hands down man yoyr best bet
How long have your lasted in the headlights so far ?.. I had DDM brand in headlights and fogs but began to have problems with the headlight set and decided to take them out now they are only in the fogs but have been in for months.. I would love to find a pair for the headlights that remain to have no problems

20% Tints, SS 409 Custom Exhaust, Stubby Antenna, 6K 55w DDM HID's in HI's Lows & Fogs, LED Interior & Exterior Lights, Recon Tails, Red Painted Emblems, Plasti-Dipped Grille, Mopar Racing Stripes, 22" Rockstars - 305/45/22 Nitto 420's, Two 12'' Alpine Type R's Under Rear Seat in a FoxBox
Old 03-17-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Captain View Post
How long have your lasted in the headlights so far ?.. I had DDM brand in headlights and fogs but began to have problems with the headlight set and decided to take them out now they are only in the fogs but have been in for months.. I would love to find a pair for the headlights that remain to have no problems
Had them in g/f's 4 runner over 2 years lows and fogs and in my truck over a year fogs and lows 0 problems
Old 03-18-2012, 12:51 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Express 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: exspress
Color: cherry pearl red
Rep:27
nitro1965 is on a distinguished road

wow , its getting me even more confused on these hid conversion kits. is it just ddm hid kits that have a problem or is it all hid kits that cost under 100.00 for hid kit.are you better off putting the hid lights in the fog lights or the main truck lights
Old 03-18-2012, 03:39 AM

Quote:
wow , its getting me even more confused on these hid conversion kits. is it just ddm hid kits that have a problem or is it all hid kits that cost under 100.00 for hid kit.are you better off putting the hid lights in the fog lights or the main truck lights
Most kits are 80-150 ddms are cheaper and its just ddm that sucks