DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:41
rex450se is on a distinguished road

The newer Type R's are only 6 3/8" mounting depth. If I'm not mistaken, Fox's website does mention that it has to be the newer Type R's and the old one's are too deep to work. So I don't think yours will work.

Victor
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2012, 12:20 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:31
Rise Captain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODtruck View Post
I would like to see a pic! I am looking into options on upgrading. I am finding the stock sub to be lacking in "umph" and have been considering adding another under the driver side rear seat or taking the stock one out and add 2 new ones.

Rise Captain, what else did you have to change to add the subs? I am guessing you had to add or upgrade the amp, please some details!!

Thanks
If you want more umph like I did I suggest taking out the stock 8'' like I did also becuz the factory amp can only handle 1 sub so you would need another amp anyways. I kept my stock REN radio becuz I love it. In order to do that with the stock radio and add subs you also will need the "subs, amp, and Hi-Low converter (which allows low frequency to the subs from the speakers instead of the radio) stock radio only tho)

Here are some pictures of my setup

Amp located behind driver side rear seat

Hi/Low Converter box (very small little box) located on passenger side rear wall)

20% Tints, SS 409 Custom Exhaust, Stubby Antenna, 6K 55w DDM HID's in HI's Lows & Fogs, LED Interior & Exterior Lights, Recon Tails, Red Painted Emblems, Plasti-Dipped Grille, Mopar Racing Stripes, 22" Rockstars - 305/45/22 Nitto 420's, Two 12'' Alpine Type R's Under Rear Seat in a FoxBox
Old 02-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Heavy Duty
Color: Gun Metal Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Knuckles is on a distinguished road

Yates, Thanks for all the info!

Rise Captain, that box looks sweet! did you have to rise your seats at all?

EODTruck, I'll be sure to post a few pics after the box is done.

For now I'm going to make a box and rise my seats up a little. But after I'm just going to buy the shallow type R and buy the fox box.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
Yates, Thanks for all the info!

Rise Captain, that box looks sweet! did you have to rise your seats at all?

EODTruck, I'll be sure to post a few pics after the box is done.

For now I'm going to make a box and rise my seats up a little. But after I'm just going to buy the shallow type R and buy the fox box.
The seats needed to be raised 5/8" and they come with the box. They are just pieces of wood painted black with drill holes in them for the bolts from the seats very simple. They are 5/8" thick. Total of 4 are needed

20% Tints, SS 409 Custom Exhaust, Stubby Antenna, 6K 55w DDM HID's in HI's Lows & Fogs, LED Interior & Exterior Lights, Recon Tails, Red Painted Emblems, Plasti-Dipped Grille, Mopar Racing Stripes, 22" Rockstars - 305/45/22 Nitto 420's, Two 12'' Alpine Type R's Under Rear Seat in a FoxBox
Old 02-10-2012, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Captain View Post
The seats needed to be raised 5/8" and they come with the box. They are just pieces of wood painted black with drill holes in them for the bolts from the seats very simple. They are 5/8" thick. Total of 4 are needed
Is that the PdXM-12 amp that you are running? That is the same set up that I am going to use. Just waiting on stuff from amazon. How does it sound? How much bass do they put out? Is that the ported box or sealed? I have the ported box.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostR1der View Post
Is that the PdXM-12 amp that you are running? That is the same set up that I am going to use. Just waiting on stuff from amazon. How does it sound? How much bass do they put out? Is that the ported box or sealed? I have the ported box.
My amp is a Kenwood 9105D Mono block - 1800W

It slams ! If you put all the sub tunes on 0 and the radio on 0 it will move your shirt standing outside of the rear door open. I have the tunes set to negative and my radio turned way down for sub and its all equal now with clean pure bass and my amp barely works and stays cool which was one of my primary concerns being being the seat like that

The box IS ported. The firing hole is in the rear at the middle

Old 02-11-2012, 11:52 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Color: White
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Captain View Post
This is not impossible ! I have two Type R 12's under my rear seat. They are in a fox box. The Fox Box is actually made to play with type R's. They fit perfectly and the cubic feet is just perfect for them. If you speak with Joe Fox (the owner) he will tell you that he has tried many different set ups and the type R's sound the best in the box under the seat in our rams he actually owns one himself.. Any questions or pics wanted just ask !
The fox box is made to play with the NEW Type R's. I have the older type Type R's and they won't fit at all man. The newer ones are made shallower with a touch smaller magnet. Believe me I contacted Fox Box myself and they said the same thing.

The new Type R's fit no problem, just if you have the older style They wont!
Here is how I got mine set up right now.

Rise captain I love your setup btw... one day when I have the cash to upgrade. Lift is now the main mod for savings for me ha

Old 02-11-2012, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

Bordin, have you thought about removing the pilliar tape? I think all white looks good. Sorry for the thread jack.

On the other note I wonder if the PDXm12 will push those subs hard enough? It pushes about 1300 true watts usually. I can't wait to get all my stuff installed. It sure does add up $$$ fast when your starting completely over.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Color: White
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostR1der View Post
Bordin, have you thought about removing the pilliar tape? I think all white looks good. Sorry for the thread jack.

On the other note I wonder if the PDXm12 will push those subs hard enough? It pushes about 1300 true watts usually. I can't wait to get all my stuff installed. It sure does add up $$$ fast when your starting completely over.
The pillar tape has been on my mind for a bit, but I think itll stay on.

I like how it blends the front and rear windows into one, I have saw some other white sports with it removed. Just didn't excite me too much.

I recently saw a set of "cerwins" talked about, haven't heard of anyone installing them in a ram yet. Any opinions?
Old 02-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:10
MeetMeAtThePark is on a distinguished road

You might have seen me mention the cerwin vega vmax's. I had 2 of them in my 06 Z71 tahoe and they were great. They had a very nice low bass sound to them and to my ear they had great sound quality. You could definitely hear them coming and they didn't have any problem playing other types of music. I play a lot of country and the vmax's made it sound even better. I'm confident you can't go wrong with them I just haven't heard them in the FoxBox.