DODGE RAM FORUM banner

McGaughy's 4/6

11K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  CdnoilRAM 
#1 ·
I was thinking about their 2/4.5 kit but now im thinking about the 4/6. It comes with everything to do a 2/4.5 and then just added things to do the 4/6 so I figured because the price wasnt THAT much more I might as well try the bigger one and if I dont like it just keep the 2/4.5 and then sell the other parts to some one with a 2/4.5 that wants a 4/6. I say all that to ask, who all on here has a 4/6 drop and what do you think about it? too low? perfect? do you have pictures? I really dont even have an idea of how low that will make my truck haha.

FYI - I have a 2007 quad cab with the factory 17's

#2 ·
I have that kit, and did it about 3-4 weeks ago. I love it, handles way better, rides great too. My only issue is I have a 21' bass boat I pull and the hitch is 3" off the ground when the boat is behind it now. Since raising it up is against all I stand for, I am gonna do the Mc Gaugheys helper bag kit they make just for this drop and this truck. This way it can be a truck as needed, and slammed when not needed.
If I had to do it again, I'd buy it and do it....its just too good of a look!

Attachments

#4 ·
Wish they made it for the 09s. I have their 2/4 now.

#9 ·
sorry to disappoint anyone but i think im going for the 2/4 drop instead :-( its cheaper and I dont have money for new tires or shocks and i still need to be able to hop curbs and stuff (im in college and sometimes parking isnt always pristine haha)

thanks a ton for all of your help and advice.

#14 ·
only difference in the kits is the spindles right? I bought the 2/4 deluxe kit years ago and all I had to do when I decided to go 4/6 was change to stock shackles in rear and drop coil up front (cut stock coil)...so I basically paid nuthin to go to a bigger drop..

#21 · (Edited)
I´m from germany and I like to know if someone could help me.
RAM 1500 QUAD CAB 5.7L 4x4 YEAR 09.
I like to drop down 2/4 or better 4/6 but I like to use the wheel size:
295/25/22
Is it possible without rubing and changes to the fenders??

Ok forget it McGaughy´s told me now lowering on 4x4 !!!

#26 ·
never seen that on here to the best of my knowledge. I'd think somewhere on their site you should find one...or maybe they could send you a pic or link to one. Did you try google?

#28 ·
If McGaugheys builds it, its top notch and rubbing issues will me minimized. The main thing is stay w/ similar sizes as test vehicles...
Good luck!

#32 ·
Since most of the peple that have done the 4/6 McG drop seeom to be watching this thread. I felt it would be most appropriate to post here instead of creating _another_ McG 4/6 drop thread. :)

As shown, I've got a 95 1500 SLT 5.9 2wd. I'd like to put a MgGaughy's 4/6 drop kit on it because it looks so nice on trucks here.

My questions for the experienced:
Is one available?
Can I use the kit they show on the website for the 02-05?
Minimal or extensive mods?
Can I bag it so I can have a few extra inches of clearance when I want/need it?

My goal is to put in the 4/6, then mold a Gf/x kit for the bumpers and skirts to get ground clearance to about 2-2.5". I'd need the bags to lift it enough to go over speed bumps, steep driveways, etc. So probably a 2-3 " bag kit.

Any secrets to the install? Things you wish you knew before you started?

Thanks for any input, and to all the folks who have installed this kit, your trucks look awesome. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.