DODGE RAM FORUM banner

what do you have on your RAM

Does your Ram have a tonneau cover?

162K views 594 replies 452 participants last post by  IN2H2O 
#1 ·
do you have a tonneau cover

do you prefer an open bed, a tonneau cover, a hard cover, or a bed cap :smileup:

#189 ·
I plan to add a tonneau cover on this truck. I had the Lund hard tonneau on my 04, open bed on my 2010 2500 and now oepn bed on my 2012 1500. Im gonna go with a roll up since i need to haul stuff to camp and such. I have not found the right one yet tho.

#190 ·
Hard cover that flips open...Love it!

#194 ·
I just got the tri-fold tonneau cover from Tonneau Pro. Install was a breeze and looks great. Too soon to tell if I am getting any better gas mileage but I didn't really get it for that. I wanted some styling and security. Anyways here are the pics of the cover on my 2008.

Dont mind the pollen. It is out of control here in NC right now.

Good luck on your hunt for a cover.

#197 ·
Ill toss on some pics when i clean the truck (had rain here the last 2 days) but i just put on the Truxedo Low Pro QT last week. so far pretty nice...not as low as i had thought, but definatley looks nice on the 4th gen box...

#198 ·
I just traded my 05 ST for a 2011 SLT, the 05 had a leer 100R shell on it. Really liked the shell but it was tough duty when washing the truck and more windows to keep clean. If I get another shell it will go off and on depending when I need it. Otherwise prefer an open bed.

#201 ·
I went with soft cover. I want it to be closed most of the time, but when I need it to be opened, I just roll it up. It came in very handy when we took our trip to Mississippi. All our luggage and stuff,lol went back there and it did not get wet from the rain.:smiley_thumbs_up:

#210 ·
I put the Pace Edwards Bedlocker on my new R/T. I had one before on a Dakota and loved it. My last Dakota I put the Fold-N-Lock on and hated it. The only reason I used the Fold-N-Lock was because the bed on my quad cab Dakota was so short I couldn't get my telescope in there with a Bedlocker.

Living in the desert you don't want to touch that black cover if you can avoid it. The Bedlocker gave me the best possible solution; opens with a touch of a button and watertight and secure when it's closed.

#224 ·
Flex...You like?

I see you mentioned you have the Undercover Flex, have you generall been happy with it. How did you find the fit and finish of the panels, raisl etc? Any install issues? Finally, any chance you could post some pics of it open and closed? I cant find anyone who has one locally to even look at it.

#212 ·
In the past I have had them but never noticed any real gain in MPG

I clicked yes to having one it's not on the truck yet but it has been ordered and is on the way I went with the Bakflip G2 it's hard it's flush it folds up and only takes 4-5 inches of space and it's lockable by far the best feature about it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.