DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Uconnect only downloadinig partial phonebook.

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  xsdbs 
#1 ·
Hi all. First post, first Dodge, great truck, only 1 problem so far.... Uconnect. I tried finding the answer prior to posting, but my problem seems to be a little unique.

Problem: When the Uconnect system downloads the phonebook off my Droid, it only gets some of the contacts, not all of them.

For example:
Adam
Alex (missing from Uconnect)
Bill
Charlie (missing from Uconnect)
David (missing from Uconnect)
Roger
Steve (missing from Uconnect)

My manual states it can load up to 1000 contacts, but I'm only working with about 100 contacts in my phone.

Radio: Media Center 130 (RES + RSC) (non-touchscreen)
Phone: Motorola Droid X

Any ideas?

See less See more
#3 ·
I did use the VR, and my radio displayed all the names that were downloaded. It's just that I'm missing one of the most important names in my phone....my wife's. I'm missing others too, but that's the main one I noticed. Also, sometimes I've found that it has weird numbers associated with each. I tried to call someone that was actually listed, and then it tried to dial 5300 instead of the normal ###-###-####.

#7 ·
Uconnect can only display and call what is sent to it to store.. I have seen where contacts were stored with non alpha & digit characters which caused an issue.
Some times it can be the way we speak the name and how a computer reads and speaks it. For instance, my wife's name is Kala (pronounced KA-la) Uconnect (as well as other systems) pronounce it as Calla. So in order for the system to dial it, I have to say "call Calla".
You said that you had Uconnect list (read) your contact list to you and your wife's wasn't there, correct.
You can also manually store it in the Uconnects own PB as well. Press the UC button and say "phonebook" and follow the prompts for entering her name (and others that you want to add). Uconnect can store up to 32 contacts and up to (4) number locations for eah contact.
When you tried to call the contact that you knew was in the list and it came back as "5300", did Uconec say "Calling (name) correctly and then the strange digits?

#4 · (Edited)
I have a different radio, but i had the same issue
I downloaded the latest software for my radio & now everything seems to work, before it was just reading the phones memory & ignored the SIM card

You are using a Smart Phone, you need to make sure that you have the latest software for your Droid
Then check to see what software Version you have on your radio
Droid also has this: http://www.starttalking.com/index.php

MYGIG radios
MyGIG Radios are manufactured by companies, Mitsubishi & Harman Becker. & Alpine, there may be even more

The MYGIGs navigation is either NAVTEQ or GARMIN

If you can't get it to work, look into a radio add on from another company
http://www.parrot.com/usa/
http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits

#5 ·
Does anyone know how to update the fimrware on the Media Center 130 RES (non-touchscreen) radios? I looked on Uconnect's support page, and all I could find were system updates for the 8.4's and the 730's. Nothing for the 130's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.