DODGE RAM FORUM banner

HID Information, How-To's and FAQ

34K views 39 replies 30 participants last post by  PdPuNOme 
#1 ·
There are so many posts here with good information that it's time to capture them here in a single thread.

We had started this section once before but due to a technical glitch (I'm not technical, therefore a glitch occurred :doh:) we get to start over.

So if you find some relevant information, a How-To or have some insight on Frequently Asked Questions and their answers, PM me a link to what you have found here or one you've previously posted. And if you are creating some information on HID's, let me know.

This thread is closed to posting.

#38 ·
Probably a FAQ but didn't see it here. Picked up the truck with HIDs installed. After freaking cause the lights didn't work, found someone removed the fuse in the power wire when installing a new battery. I threw a fuse in there but can anyone recommend what size I should run? I'll try to get in there and determine what manufacturer it is if I get the wife to park the thing long enough.

#39 ·
True Plug and Play HID Kit

I highly recommend Diode Dynamics' 35W HID kit for our Ram trucks. I recently installed their 5000K low beam kit on my 2015 Ram 2500. I have installed several different HID kits on trucks that I have owned, but this one was the easiest. It was a clean installation with no issues. We all know how the wiring for the 4th Gen Rams can be tricky, throwing warning lights and such. It didn't require a relay wiring harness, just their anti flicker modules. Their kit is truly plug and play into the factory harness. Diode Dynamics' customer service is top notch and they stand behind their product. I also installed their LED bulbs (plus the anti flicker modules) in my fog lights and again, they were play and play with no issues. I will most likely be upgrading my high beams next, because it was so easy and clean.

If you decide to get one of their kits, feel free to hit me up for tips and suggestions on installation. I hid the small anti flicker module in the headlight housing and cut a 1/4" slit where the access cover mounts to housing for the ballast wiring, instead of putting an 1" hole in the access cover.

I hope this post helps..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.