DODGE RAM FORUM banner

anyone have pics of lights behind grille?

12K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  2011 ASSAULT 800 
#1 ·
looking for more stuff to do to my truck that doesnt cost too much, was thinking it needs more light and my buddy said what about behind the grille lighting? I looked on youtube and didnt find much other than emergency lighting. Does anyone have any pics of (preferably) an 02-08 ram with light behind the grille. The other idea I am really tossing around is an n-fab pre runner bar with some lights, or their light bar with lights. Only problem i have with the pre runner bar is on some trucks it seems to look pretty chincy. But on a chincy budget I guess I cant be too picky.
Any help would be great! Also if Im posting in the wrong area let me know, I knew to this forum!

Thanks, Dan

G
#2 ·
Dan,

I moved this over to the custom lighting in the mods section. In this section you'll find a LOT of pics of behind the grille lighting and even some How To's on the installation.

I have the NFAB standard light bar with a couple of Hella lights on it. I'm gonna add two more lights and have my eye on a set of Hella HID lights for the two outside positions.

Here's the bar mounted without the lights:

And here's the lights:

#10 ·
Sorry took so long to find this thread

Here are a few pictures of my 6" PIAAs behind the grille. They honeycombs do not create any shadows are cancel out any light (to me anyways)

your pics look great! Thanks for posting! just saw where your from, My gf has an Aunt that lives in the same town as you! Love the stories behind old mining towns as I work in a mine!

#9 ·
hey guys thanks for all the photos! I now need to decide whether to do the light bar or behind the grill. I like the look of the front of my truck so I dont want a light bar up there too much. Time to go price HID's for headlights, fog lights and these grill lights!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.