DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2011 Hid Install

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dodgert 
#1 ·
Ok guys , on the 2011 Ram , has anyone had any problems with a not air tight fitment? The hids i had installed, they had to tape around the back of the head lamp because it wasnt completely sealed because if not , i had water in the head lights after washing the truck. I know the back cap of the light is a dome cap . Does anyone know of a GOOD kit so i dont have to tape the back of the headlight? Anyone has DIY install pics?

Thanks

#2 ·
So you installed HIDs and didnt put the dome on? Your suposed to drill a hole in the dome and feed the wires through it with a grommet to keep it water tight.

Do you have any pics of what your talking about? Usually once you get water in your lights its nearly impossible to keep them from fogging.

#3 ·
So you installed HIDs and didnt put the dome on? Your suposed to drill a hole in the dome and feed the wires through it with a grommet to keep it water tight.

Do you have any pics of what your talking about? Usually once you get water in your lights its nearly impossible to keep them from fogging.

I dont have images , the ram i just had i returned it and got a brand new truck , so this time i want to do it right

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.