DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dome and map light LED swap on 3rd gen??

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SS4Luck 
#1 ·
Just like the title says...I want to put LEDs into the dome and map lights on my 2006 quad cab. It's just the two map lights in the overhead console and the one dome light mounted near the center of the roof.

I have searched and read but most everything seems to be about the 4th gen trucks. What little I have found on the 3rd gen trucks has been about folks having flicker or constant-on issues when switching these to LEDs.

Anyone know the best way to do this without having issues? Thanks!

#2 ·
No two trucks are the same, ESPECIALLY with electrical issues unfortunately. LEDs are on the cheap side, might just try and order some and see what happens.

What color are you looking to replace them with?

#3 ·
I think I want to go with a really pure, bright white. I been wondering if any of the local parts places carry any replacement LED bulbs. I'm sure the quality would be fairly low but it could give me an idea of what it will be like. Might go buy and check Autozone or Advance Auto after work.

#4 ·
i was using loads of searches but i couldn't find the type of the map light bulbs.

But im heading out for the 4th gen.

Does anyone knows the type of bulb or LED?

#5 ·
Face, there is a sticky for 4th gens at the top of this section :)

PM me what color you would like and I will get you part numbers

Starquest, youll have a PM in about 3 minutes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.