DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Recon Tails & 3rd Brake Light & Black Honeycomb Grill Installed!!Projectors are on Backorder..

8K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  1sickram 
#1 ·
Recon Tails & 3rd Brake Light & Black Honeycomb Grill Installed!!Projectors are on Backorder..

Well just got on my days off, had a parcel at the mail for me.
I was pretty damn excited ha

My Recon Parcel has came in, went there picked it up. Box seemed a touch small.
Opened it all up everything was there but my projector headlights. Recon tails, LED back up lights, & 3rd brake light.

So spent my morning installing that & also my new honeycomb grill. Well second hand.
A big thanks to a fellow ramforumz member Wayne from Nova Scotia. Thanks again for hooking me up with this grill. Now only need the projectors to finish her all off.

Called recon, they said they were sent out yesterday and were terribly sorry. So next week I shall have them!

What do ya guys think?? The black grill instead of the chrome is a HUGE difference. It was totally worth it. Just need my headlights & a levelling kit to cap her off!

Old Grill:

Apart:

New Grill :D

RECON:

Old Tail vs Recon Tail Light:

Photoshoot:

See less See more
#2 ·
thoes look awesome dude and i just ordered a set aswell but i did not see thoes ones with a black housing....dammit cuz thats the ones i really wanted so i ended up ordering the red smoked ones but a question for ya how long did it take them to email you a confirmation because i ordered mine like 3 days ago and still havnt got anything?

#3 ·
I got my confirmation the exact same day. Maybe just check on their site or give them a quick call.

I usually just checked on their site to see the status of the order. Mine were shipped within 2/3 days or ordering.

Only issue were the headlights were backordered but I called in today when all my other stuff showed up and they said they were shipped out yesterday.

So should have those next week sometime!!

Anyways, hope it all works out for you though.

#4 ·
k thanks bud!!!!

#6 ·
obviously the recons are awesome, but that grill looks great!

i really am liking the black+white theme more and more with every pic I see...nice job!

#8 ·
The grill swap is leaps and bounds better with the black honeycomb! I did mine a few months ago too. Aren't all those little tabs holding the insert to the shell a P.I.T.A??? lol Hated those things! The tails and 3rd brake light looks killer too.

#9 ·
Those little tabs were a *itch. Once you got one unclipped another snaps back in. Worked my way up from the bottom to the top and she came off not to bad then. Had someone give me a hand just to put some pressure so it was a good help.

The sports should come with this black grill stock. It suits it SO much better.

But thanks man!

#10 ·
Bordin: Are you keeping your stock tails? I'm looking to pick up a used set at a fair price to tint, I want to keep my stockers that's why I need an extra set. Let me know if you're interested in selling...

Truck looks great! I like the honeycomb grille much better. Seeing your truck makes me want to swap my chrome bumpers for white bumper covers...

#12 ·
no problem thanks. I'll find a set eventually....

I sure don't miss the wear and tear of the northern winters! Here in Florida a vehicle pretty much lasts forever (maybe not paint)...even the powertrain/drivetrain, everythings flat, no hills, no stress, good mpg....the north is hard on vehicles...

#18 ·
Next Wednesday boys!! Work 7 hours from home so sucks.

But before 10am weds morning those projectors will be on.

Also, got my catch can and found my WHITE plasti dip. So expect some interior mods in the near future.

And thanks everyone, black is a popular choice with any vehicle. But I currently have a Black Nitro and wanted something different. White is a little bit more high maintenance, but when its clean. Damn its sexy!!

#19 ·
White is a little bit more high maintenance, but when its clean. Damn its sexy!!
I don't know what it is, but I sweat my white truck seems to stay looking clean, even when it's filthy. I've only washed it twice since I bought it in january, but it never looks REALLY dirty, however, it ALWAYS looks slightly dirty, lol...I think because it's such a bright color, it never looks filthy. I happen to think black always looks dirty...

#21 ·
Agreed, except when my truck is really clean it looks REALLY clean :D

#20 ·
Truck looks sweet man, the black honeycomb does it a world of justice, and I agree, that's what it should have come with and the tails/3rd brake light look awesome, nice job so far! :smileup:

- Cajun

#22 ·
Hey Bordin,
Been looking for a license plate cover similar to yours.. where did you get them? Also, do you mind sharing how much they cost?

#23 ·
Rayne

The license plate covers I got from Canadian Tire. They have clean/smoke/blue whatever you want.
The ones I have come with a black frame and a smoked cover which ran 14$ I believe. So around 30$ for both front and black.

The thing is you can't tighten them down to much or they just crack like nothing, believe me I did it ha

I think the covers were only around 10$ a pop.

#24 ·
LoL. I'm on my 4th canadian tire cover, lol. It's something you just have to factor in like oil changes or whatever. $10 every 3 or 4 months. Truck looks great. Awesome to finally see that grille in your truck. It is night and day difference. I have no idea why Dodge did the billet one, especially with your hood.

#27 ·
Bordin what hid kit did you get for stock headlights and fog lights? and are they only on low beam?

#28 ·
i Got my kit from DDM Tuning,

Yes I only did my lows and fogs.. but TODAY finally I get to put my projectors in and I will have HIDs for highs also.

Stay tuned to this thread tonight!!

Just send me a pm and I can ship you my exact order list if youd like. I helped a few members out already. You wont regret switching to HIDS

#29 ·
RECON Headlights Installed!! Also Plasti Dipping my Ram Emblem

FINALLY, had to to install my Recon headlights.

Ordered HIDS for the projectors and the high beams from DDM Tuning. Awesome products once again. Lights are awesome.

Install, well just say doing it in two hours is not a chance. The projector housing needed a touch of drilling to get the HID bulb in it. Also the bulb needed a touch or drilling.

Other than that it was all plug and play!
I can't be any happier.

What do you guys think??

Also, my catch can will be going on tonight. And emblem should be back on by then
Emblem:

Before:

Recons!!

Sock housing:

Modded Housing

Stock Bulb:

Modded Bulb:

My remote to turn on the LEDS and Halos!

#31 ·
they look great bordin! can't wait to get my projectors in.

#34 ·
Thats the nature of LEDs. They take so little energy to stay on that sometimes they have a light glow to them from the charge left in the circuit. They should eventually go off, but even if they dont it would take days and days and days to drain your battery even slightly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.