DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Recon Tails & 3rd Brake Light & Black Honeycomb Grill Installed!!Projectors are on Backorder..

8K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  1sickram 
#1 ·
Recon Tails & 3rd Brake Light & Black Honeycomb Grill Installed!!Projectors are on Backorder..

Well just got on my days off, had a parcel at the mail for me.
I was pretty damn excited ha

My Recon Parcel has came in, went there picked it up. Box seemed a touch small.
Opened it all up everything was there but my projector headlights. Recon tails, LED back up lights, & 3rd brake light.

So spent my morning installing that & also my new honeycomb grill. Well second hand.
A big thanks to a fellow ramforumz member Wayne from Nova Scotia. Thanks again for hooking me up with this grill. Now only need the projectors to finish her all off.

Called recon, they said they were sent out yesterday and were terribly sorry. So next week I shall have them!

What do ya guys think?? The black grill instead of the chrome is a HUGE difference. It was totally worth it. Just need my headlights & a levelling kit to cap her off!

Old Grill:

Apart:

New Grill :D

RECON:

Old Tail vs Recon Tail Light:

Photoshoot:

See less See more
#40 ·
Nice truck man, do you have any TPMS or fm radio issues with the hids? I want them for my 11 sport but I don't want any lights to stay on in the dash. Did you order the 8k raptor kits from ddm with the bulb out for the lows? Are you still running your daytime running lights? What model ram is the black honeycomb grill from?

#41 ·
My TPMS sensor has been flashing and been getting a notification even before the HIDs went in. I installed new rims without the sensors.
Although it will flash for about 3 seconds and go off with the HIDs, you might get a notification on your screen too. There is no way to get around that!

I ordered everything from DDM tuning. My lows with error codes and just the fogs. Decent price and they do seem to last.

My running lights are still on, they provide a certain % of voltage to my high beam bulbs (which are still halogen bulbs) for the running lights. I did have HIDs in them, but they acted funny so I said screw it. Got some 6000K halogen bulbs from RECON.

Black honeycomb grill I got from another forum member out on the east coast. Any 09+ grill will fit an 11. They are the exact same thing

Hopefully that answered all your questions, if not send me a PM I can help you out a bit more!

#42 ·
Thanks man, what a pain in the ass TPMS is. Have you read of any hid kits that causes no issues. Why does it turn the tire light on and does it only come on when the lights first turn on then go out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.