DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need to know what LEDs fit your truck?

199K views 482 replies 185 participants last post by  RustyWhite 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, since it seems to be sort of hard to find LED guides for our trucks, were banding together and creating an ALL Generation LED bulb guide. Also we will include HIDs to make everyones life a little easier. If you have read through a bulb replacement guide you will notice that most of the LEDs bulb # is the same as the halogen bulb number say from PepBoys or Autozone.

Here is a good link also to try and figure out what sort of bulbs you need for ANY vehicle. They way they create their list can be slightly confusing though, LINK, feel free to PM me if you need additional help, Im happy to spec LEDs for any vehicle you'd like.

If you have a list of bulbs to add and high resolution pictures to upload with them please send me a PM or post and I will update this until we have a full listing for everyones truck!!

A little more on reading into LEDs as well, as I have seen most suppliers label their LEDs the same way. We will use the most popular "921" bulb

The p/n for a blue 921 as seen in the pictures below is, 921-B12:

921 <--refers to the bulb type B <-- refers to the color 12 <-- refers to the ammount of LEDs in the bulb

another example would be a red version for the third brake light which would read:
921-R12

Also remember LEDs are polarized, meaning they will only work one way. If you plug your brand new LED in and it doesnt work, pull it out and insert it the other way before making an angry phone call to the supplier!

4th Gen LEDs
Reverse - 921
Cargo Lights/Top mount break light - 921
Map lights - 921
Dome light - 4410
License plate - 194
Tail lights / Brake lights- 3157
Front turn signal / Side marker - 3157

4th Gen HIDs
Quad lights
High beams - 9005/HB3
Low beams - H11

Dual lights
High/Low - H13/9008

Fog lights
(regardless of headlights)
H10/9145/9140

Example of 4th gen interior/exterior with complete LED bulb replacement

stock vs HID​

See less See more
#400 ·
From what I have read in this thread a my personal experience it is really hit and miss on each truck. However, if the bulb you are replacing blinks then add a resistor. Basically your turn signals will require a resistor. Check out this thread for more info:

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=106466

If you have more questions just ask. SS4Luck and InDeepWaterBlue are the two members I have followed what they have posted about LEDs and LED problems.

#404 ·
Hey there new to the forum when it comes to the reverse and highmount bulbs do you need to solder resistors in for each bulb or are there can bus options? Thanks
In most case you will not need resistors for the reverse, but if you run into problem then add a resistor. As for the highmount bulbs, only the cargo lights will need a resistor. They have a tendency to ghost and resistors stop the ghosting. I haven't heard of any problems with the brake light portion of the highmount setup. Hope that helps.

#405 ·
I'm sorry for posting here, i know the question is answered SOMEWHERE in the 41 pages this thread has.. but.. I'm not going through 41 pages looking for it LOL

What sizes do I need for the rearview mirror map lights, the dome light as well as reverse lights and bed light

#407 · (Edited)
Actually, you don't have to go through 41 pages all you have to do is look at the very first post. SS4Luck posted the list for most if not all bulbs for 4th gens like yours. But here you go anyways: I highlighted the bulbs you asked about in BLUE.

4th Gen LEDs
Reverse - 921
Cargo Lights/Top mount brake light - 921
Map lights - 921
Dome light - 4410
License plate - 194
Tail lights / Brake lights- 3157
Front turn signal / Side marker - 3157

4th Gen HIDs
Quad lights
High beams - 9005/HB3
Low beams - H11

Dual lights
High/Low - H13/9008

Fog lights
(regardless of headlights)
H10/9145/9140​

Good Luck and if you any questions just ask.

#409 ·
I will depend on where the bulb is mounted. If it blinks then you will need a resistor. Also the cargo lights have a tendency to ghost so a resistor will be needed there too. If you experience anything weird or abnormal a resistor will most likely fix the problem. I know my dome was ghosting and my maps would not turn on when pushing on the housing, but would turn all other ways. After soldering on a 100 ohm 1 watt resistor on each bulb the problems were gone. I hope that helps.

#411 ·
That is a great question, however without see it I can't give you a definitive yes. I have a 2005 and don't have access to a 2012 to verify. I will see if I can find an answer for you. Hopefully someone with a 2012 will chime in before I find the answer. If you can access the bulb and either read the numbers on it or post a pic of it I could figure it out for you.

#413 ·
#417 · (Edited)
I have tried a few off ebay and amazon with very little success. I highly recommend www.superbrightleds.com. They are the best IMO and their customer services is top notch (as long as you call and not email.) They replaced three 3mm LEDs that I hooked up wrong and blew up free of charge and they didn't want the them back either, just sent me three new ones.

FYI: Price is per bulb and it will cost you more than ebay or amazon. But you pay for what you get. Also if you have an idea they will walk you through how to do it and recommend what to buy.

#425 ·
hate to do this... but i can't really find a "for sure" part number for some bulbs... I'm looking to put LED's in my fogs and reverse lights. 2013 ram sport.

#427 ·
I have a 2014 black edition package with led tail lights. There is only 1 bulb in the light and that is the back up light. I had purchased some 921 led replacement lights and these do not fit. The bulb that is in there is larger than a 921. I think the list on the first page needs to be reviewed as the 2014 with led tails are not 921 back up lights. Does anyone know what size bulb this is?

#429 ·
Guys, quick question. I own a 2012, and want to replace my stock bulbs with LED bulbs for my license plate. Am I going to get some sort of error code? Do I need some sort of canbus harness, like the HID setup for the headlights, or are these direct replacements, nothing else needed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.