DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Day Time Running Lights on 3500 - Help Needed

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  1FastHemi 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I have been around for a while and don't do much posting over here, Just looking around. I'm mostly on the DSM forum. http://deepsouthmopars.com/showpost.php?p=82855&postcount=6

I had someone make me an offer on my 06 Ram 3500 and now working with a dealer to get the price rite on a new Ram 3500 Quad Cab Dually Laramie Longhorn and was wondering the correct procedure to get the Day Time Running Light turned on.

I was also wondering if it used the headlight bulbs or the turn signal bulbs when activated? My dealer is tell me it's only available on Canadian models. I do know it uses their scan tool to do it but looking for the correct procedure so I can tell the local dealer. The had a little trouble turning them on with my Challenger as well but finally got it.

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
Hi, I don't have an answer so, it's time to .........:icon_bump:........... this back to the top!

And a warm welcome to you. Hope you'll drop by the Newbie Checkin and post a few photos of the new truck!

#3 ·
A friend of mine up here in Canada bought an '05 US ram a few months ago private sale and it did not have DRLs, theyre legally required for import to Canada however. He took it to a US dealership and they got them activated in less than 5 mins, apparently its an option in their dealer connect menu DRLs On/Off

#4 ·
YUP! Should be that easy. :smileup:

#5 · (Edited)
I would like to say Thanks for everyone's help.

I just went by My dealer and talked to their computer guy in the service department, he said some vehicles doesn't have the option to turn them on and some of them do have the options available in the vehicle software (it's pot luck he said). It all depends on which software the vehicle is born with. I have a 2010 Challenger SRT and they didn't have any problems turning them on as the option was available on it and they did it at no charge. Everyone at the dealer knows me by my first name and I get the run of his shop even when they are working on my vehicle. I always deal with the owner of the dealership on all my purchases and he treats me me very good as I purchase 1 to 5 vehicle from them every year and they want me to keep coming back.

I then went into the the sales dept and got a chance to talk to the man that orders the trucks, He mentioned they might not be able to order any more 2011's as they have 2 2012' on the lot with the new 800 torque engine already. He made several phone calls and came up with an idea. They can order the vehicle as a Fleet Vehicle which comes with option already turned on and sell it to me at the non fleet price, but the factory add $50.00 to the sticker price for this option. (I saw this on his computer screen)

Seeing they can't find the vehicle with the option I want, it looks like I am going to have to order the vehicle anyway.

Thanks again :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.