DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Simple add-ons/ perform or purdy?

5K views 35 replies 31 participants last post by  kazeej 
#1 ·
Lets start a list of simple things weve done to our trucks to dress them up or make them a little better than the day we bought them.
Lets try not to make it a redundant 'Heres what I did"thread. Lets try to put together some new nick nack or big things that help dress our stuff up to give ideas to others as to whats out there for our Rams.
Ill start.

Glove box light,

DeeZee ez down tailgate

#11 ·
So what paint do you use to paint engine cover? I was thinking of painting the HEMI letters.

Thanks

#4 ·
Bought a stubby antenna that's shaped like a .50 cal round.
http://www.cravenspeed.xxx/bullet-style-stubby/
Looks cool but of course, I lost my FM stations. Pondering whether or not to send it back or try and find a satellite radio station that plays the same assortment that my favorite FM stations play. 93.3 WMMR plays a good mix of classic rock and new rock. Satellite seems to be one station for one genre.

#6 ·
Agree, I miss 94.1 WYSP!

I will be adding some EGR window visors soon.

#5 ·
When mine arrives, it will get a LiteRider rollup tonneau cover and a set of Mopar Hide-a-Hook tie downs (which I had on my 2003 before I put a bed cap on it). It will also get a set of Mopar rubber floor mats front and rear. The ones in my 2003 have held up very well over the past 11 years. I'll have to wait and see if it needs anything else.

#7 ·
LED license plate bulbs.
"HEMI" license plate frame.

#10 ·
bed rug, foldup bed cover, steps for my short wife!!, spot mirror drivers side ( that was first ) ordered bed extender which will be reversed and used as a 'grocery holder'. Next is a baseplate, tow bar, braking system, and breakaway kit.
Only thing for pretty is a pic of a fish on the rear window.

#12 ·
Think we should add brand/part #s to our list of items added?

#22 ·
I agree anyone can elaberate on any part they feel is a must or a good find for sure.
That is the very scope of this thread.

To let all know I do most of my shopping on ebay.

I just scored a 4 piece set of AVS in channel visors deliverd for 46.00
Cant wait to put them on.
Part: Auto Ventshade 194109 Ventvisor In-Channel 4 pc Smoke No Drill Installation for Crew cab.

#15 · (Edited)
I've added the Mopar cabin filter kit with charcoal filter, Billet Oil catch can, Dee Zee tailgate strut, 3M hood guard, also on the door edges, and door handle pockets, Bak Flip F1 tonneau cover, spray in bedliner, and a 24" Magnaflow muffler (5"x8" oval 3" single in/2.5" dual out). The only mod I'm not sure if I'm pleased with yet the Magnaflow muffler. It ended up being a little louder than I thought it would be and there is quite a bit of exhaust drone in MDS mode. It will take some time getting used to it.

#17 ·
Waiting on the 2014 Black Ram Edition to arrive from the factory. I have a few things on my list, hoping for some insight. I want to add rear black out tail lights considering Anzo brand. Does anyone have experience with them? Have seen mixed reviews online about the fit, and would also be adding the 3rd brake light to match. Next question, is there legitimate fuel mileage gains from K&N filters? Both the stock replacement, and the $275 cone version with the pipe kit. Thoughts?

#27 · (Edited)
White Ram Steering Wheel Cover, WeatherTech Window Visors, Mopar Mud Flaps, Mopar Floor Mats, Shorty Black Billet Antenna, Dee-Zee EZ down tailgate assist, Tonneau cover, DiabloSport Tune.

All of my mods have been pretty simple add-ons that I've done myself with the exception of the Autostart, Bilstein 5100's, and new tires. My S&B CAI was fairly simple but took me a couple hours by myself. My swing case would have been pretty simple if I wouldn't have decided to trim the bracket to get it more hidden and tighter into the box.

#28 ·
Tinted front windows to match the rear, Line-x under rail bed spray, Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover, Amp Research Bed Step and Power Steps (since my family is vertically challenged).

In the process of considering a Kicker Soundgate and HID's for lowbeams as well.

#29 ·
Here's some pics of our work truck. :Hey:

Attachments

#30 ·
Mopar black tubular steps, Dualliner bed liner, DeeZee tailgate assist, McGard tailgate security lock, Mopar chrome tailgate handle cover, 3M Crystalline 40% window tint, Mopar brush stainless front tag and chrome Ram license plate frame.

#32 ·
2nd day I had the truck, it went to the shop... Got a 2" Tough Country level kit, 25/65/20 Open Country AT2's, and Stainless Nerf Bars... Soon to add a spray in liner, tinted front windows, and a K/N intake...
Those are some pretty thin tires, Bob. Sure you're not riding around on a 10 speed? :LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.