DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Alberta Members

74K views 572 replies 176 participants last post by  Nufy 
#1 ·
Hey guys

After a meet I had today in Edmonton, I think it'd be better to have an Alberta members group rather than just Calgary. So, let's get people to post in here so we know who we have and try to set up some meets for everyone.

My name is Kurtis, and I'm characterised by my stetson at most meets.

#199 ·
i was at the red deer meet last year was mall only 4 guys but nice to see some other trucks.

#205 · (Edited)
Anyone get their trucks dynoed? Curious on the stats
CCMR in Spruce Grove has a mobile Dyno,
often carts it around the province to car shows and events.

Chris (owner/operator) and Hemi tuning CMR expert told me most stock 4G Rams are getting high 280's / low 290 on his Dyno.

My Bud's best run 320HP/375ft.lbs Torque after JBA Shorty headers and Volant intake (previous run was 303/349)

One of my high rpm HP tuning runs, trying to get my A/F just right, peaked my HP at 5700 rpm
My torque numbers were off due to him getting on the throttle too late, well after 4k (where it normally peaks)
Nearly identical 10' Rams , but mine has an Edge 3000 stall and a Fastman TB. (may explain my lower torque higher peak RPM)

after 4 pulls it was too heat soaked to get a great chart, so I'll be going back soon for my 325/375 :D

more here with pics and video :

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90206

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=106126&page=9

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=65939&page=17

catsltd, We'll see you at Castrol Raceway on the 4th ,
(weather permitting)

....not looking so good right now, but it changes daily

#203 ·
Was hoping to get up to Edmonton to race the ram Friday night.27th.
Weather looks like it will postspone the opening of the track.
Going to try again next week.

Lots of fun at the track,will be a few 4g trucks there.
Anyone else want to head up next Friday let me know.
Ill try and find a dyno for you.

#207 ·
Was hoping to get up to Edmonton to race the ram Friday night.27th.
Weather looks like it will postspone the opening of the track.
Going to try again next week.

Lots of fun at the track,will be a few 4g trucks there.
Anyone else want to head up next Friday let me know.
Ill try and find a dyno for you.

I was going to head therte myself to run the car and and truck, but weather was crappy, I'm hoping to make it up there in 2 weeks.

#204 · (Edited)
depending on the weekend I'm in

Question for some of you, anyone know any good trails to go though around central alberta? I'm always bored on my days off work and interested in beating the p*ss out of my truck from time to time. I have heard Mclean and bragg creek are both good area west of Calgary although I've never been there. I usually end up taking a drive out past rocky but was hoping for something closer to Red Deer. Anyone have any luck by Sundre? Thanks

#206 ·
Head to southfork just south of Rocky a short ways off the cow lake road. Can get lost for days back there without hitting the same trail twice.
From what I hear, there are also a whole bunch of good trails off the trunk road towards bearberry as well. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#210 ·
I think instead of swapping my DR's at noon at home and driving to the track on them like usual after work,

I'll just toss them in the back and head to the track at 5:00
if the weather holds until 7:00 I'll change them at the track.

looks 50/50 could go either way tonite with the threat of thunder showers

#213 ·
Gas mileage

curious on what everyone is gettin on there ram. i have an 11 ram 1500 laramie with the 4.10 rear end. im getting 18-19l/100 km..... this seems not good cause i know some guys getting 14-15 max with the same truck... i dont drive it hard or anything. possible problem ? anyone have any issues or flashs done ?
thanks alot
ryan

#214 ·
hey ryan,

it depends on what kinda driving you do...

im at like 17 or so right now...when im on the highway/deerfoot a lot i can get down to 15 or so... but driving stop and go with lights and crap.. then it goes up..

#215 ·
Over the last 8 weeks I have been driving from Red Deer to Lethbridge every 2 weeks. I have been averaging 13.6 to 14.2. That is setting my cruise at 125km/h. Alot better than I expected. In the city its a different story. 17-18 on average.

#221 ·
Hey guys after months of having the truck up for sale it looks like its getting sold, I've got some performance parts that are brand new and I'll list in the FS section, just hoping to get traffic directed there a little more. Good group of guys and hopefully down the road I'll get myself a 2010 4 door sport, the reg cab just wasn't doing the trick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.