DODGE RAM FORUM banner

seat belt warning and chime then drivers airbag light

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Alexbarboleda 
#1 ·
ok peeps, been loving my ram since i got it but have justv recently come acres an issue. from the moment i get in and start my truck the seatbelt light comes on, even when i put my belt on it stays on. once i start driving the evic flashes its warning and the chime starts going off all while the belt is buckled. then it stops and the drivers airbag light comes on for a bit then the seat belt light comes back on as well as the rest of the warnings an such!! cant get it in to the stealer till tomorrow but i leave for work then too. any ideas to what it is or can try?

#4 ·
Then, for some reason, the sensor isn't sensing that you have clicked your belt. Perhaps a broken wire within the harness. Perhaps a faulty sensor. It's a pretty simple setup, so it can't be too difficult to track down.

#5 ·
Im having a similar problem. I turn the key to the on position the seat belt chime bell chimes 3 times when the seatbelt is latched. Crank up the vehicle and the seat belt light stays on, while driving I unlatch the seat belt no chime sounds. The seat belt light will not go off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.