DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 Heavy Duty 5th wheel Hitch

13K views 53 replies 14 participants last post by  csdavis62 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a 5th wheel hitch in their 2500 or 3500 HD yet? Part of the deal I worked out with my dealer on my new truck was a 5th wheel hitch installed for pulling my camper. They claim Mopar doesn't have one yet and they can't find an aftermarket one that fits the new '13 frame. I have looked online and called a few hitch places and I can't find one either. :4-dontknow:

Camping season is coming up soon and I need a hitch!!!

Any ideas???

#47 ·
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 B&W fifthwheel hitch

Just installed my B&W fifthwheel hitch ( the only fifthwheel hitch currently available for 2013 Ram 2500/3500...including Mopar)and also Timbren bump stops instead of air bags...works great. Had a reese slider before and never used the slider. B&W companion has 4" of back movement which worked great for the short bed. There is going to be a B&W slider available in late June for about $600 extra and hitch is over 200 lbs. Best price was sdtrucksprings free shipping and hitch was Timbren was easy install.

#48 ·
Just installed my B&W fifthwheel hitch ( the only fifthwheel hitch currently available for 2013 Ram 2500/3500...including Mopar)and also Timbren bump stops instead of air bags...works great. Had a reese slider before and never used the slider. B&W companion has 4" of back movement which worked great for the short bed. There is going to be a B&W slider available in late June for about $600 extra and hitch is over 200 lbs. Best price was sdtrucksprings free shipping and hitch was Timbren was easy install.

Got any pics? I really need a 5th wheel hitch in mine, but I wanted one that was hidden under the bed. Does yours have the rails in the bed or are they under the bed, so that when you pull out the hitch, you have a flat surface?

G
#49 ·
I have also been searching for a 5th Hitch for my 2013 Ram 2500 Crew / 6.5 Bed. My dealer has been modifying the vehicle an making hitches work, but when I called Ram they advised that any modification would void the Structural Warranty so I make weekly calls to all manufacturers.

Today 6-26-2013 PullRight advised that they now have a no drill installation plate for the slide right hitch. Estimate $1500 for entire kit with install of the 15K system. I have ordered them so just in case do not hold your breath.

#50 ·
So I just got the call from my dealerships parts dept and my
"Picture frame" adapter is in and ready for pick up. I will be
Trying to make my Pullrite Superglide hitch work with this
adapter. I will let ya know. :4-dontknow:

#52 ·
2013 Hitch Bracket issue

Just had what the local "Hitch and Tow" shop said was a bracket kit for my 2013 Ram 2500. upon closer inspection, it is actually the kit for the 2012 with bracket modification to account for the exhaust hanger bolt location. Also couldn't use the carriage bolt in the rear left because of the shock mount interference. I can't believe that it's August and the hitch Mfgs still haven't figured it out!

#53 ·
2013 Hitch Bracket Issue

We finally have our hitch installed for our 2013 Ram 2500 mega cab Diesel with the 6 ft bed. Works great!

Pullrite Model #2700 Hitch
#2740 Industry Standard Mounting System.

We have a Reese Revolution (Sidewinder) on our 5th wheel and needed to buy the PullRite Wedge for the revolution pin box from Reese.

#54 ·
I purchased a 2013 3500 DRW with the B&W Turnover Ball installed already which has a 30,000 rating. I purchased ($769 + tax) a B&W Companion Hitch and installed it myself which took 20 minuets. The Companion has a 18K rating and look very well built. Pulled our 44' 18K toy hauler (3000lb pin weight) for the first real trip this weekend and it towed perfectly. Not even taxing the 850ft/lb of torque, and the Aisin transmission is awesome. I would not hesitate to go the B&W Turnover Ball/Companion route again. Even if the turnover was not already installed in the truck when I bought it I would do it again and would not change a thing.....

My 2 cents....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.